IGNORED

Will Jessa Ever Be impregnated!? Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the above...hopefully not for a while. I cannot imagine someone with Ben's maturity level being able to handle a child.

I don't remember - did Jessa and Benjermin vow to leave their family size up to the Lord?

They've been married for about 5 1/2 months, so it's possible she's pregnant and waiting to announce or could become pregnant soon. I prefer to think that they're using birth control, told Jim Bob and he's seething, but they've agreed to keep quiet to maintain appearances. :lol:

I hope not til she gets less bitchy

I don't remember - did Jessa and Benjermin vow to leave their family size up to the Lord?

They've been married for about 5 1/2 months, so it's possible she's pregnant and waiting to announce or could become pregnant soon. I prefer to think that they're using birth control, told Jim Bob and he's seething, but they've agreed to keep quiet to maintain appearances. :lol:

Apparently she said "not expecting, but not protecting" at the appearance in Richmond.

I finally watched the wedding episode...yes, yes I know I'm slacking...

I noticed in the TH towards the end the family was commenting on what is next for Jessa and Ben and only some of them said kids. Some of the comments especially from Jana and Jinger seemed to me to imply (or possibly imply) that there may be a reason that they don't expect Jessa to get preggers right away or at all. Hard to say if that is because they think she will do family planning or if there is a medical reason.

I get the vibe it is a medical reason. If for some reason she cannot have kids, or it's unlikely, that would explain how Ben ( no job, no means of providing a home teenager) was deemed acceptable.

Apparently she said "not expecting, but not protecting" at the appearance in Richmond.

Oh good grief not another Duggarism to throw onto the pile.

:cracking-up:

yes pretty much :clap: :dance:

Surely she is pregnant by now... being a Duggar.

BUT if she is using birth control; her parents have NO right to chide her for it. First of all, they used to use it (and then the Duggar family disaster began); and second, it's not of their business if she does!

On nightshift again so will keep my eye on people magazine :shock:

Off topic but when someone types TH I don't read "talking head" I always read "tater head" :)

I noticed in the TH towards the end the family was commenting on what is next for Jessa and Ben and only some of them said kids. Some of the comments especially from Jana and Jinger seemed to me to imply (or possibly imply) that there may be a reason that they don't expect Jessa to get preggers right away or at all. Hard to say if that is because they think she will do family planning or if there is a medical reason.

I get the vibe it is a medical reason. If for some reason she cannot have kids, or it's unlikely, that would explain how Ben ( no job, no means of providing a home teenager) was deemed acceptable.

I was wondering about this too, but IIRC in the episode where Jessa chose her wedding dress, I think Michelle said something to Ben's mom along the lines of "You know, you could be a grandma in a year". I'm assuming if Jessa had a medical condition that completely ruled out childbirth, Michelle wouldn't have said that?

I'm tying to think o a medical condition that would completely rule out childbirth in an apparently healthy young woman. Ther are some, like birth defect affectingly the reproductive system but those are very rare and often require surgery as a child. With her life so public it's hard to see how that would be possible. Irregular cycles or infrequent cycles can be addressed medically. Some women have defects in heir eggs that make fertilization difficult but that usually isn't discovered until pregnancy is attempted. That can also often be addressed with ICSI during IVF.

As for Benjermin shooting blanks, is semen testing part of the possible courted part of JB's approval process? It's hard to see but would be hilarious if true. Again, he is an apparetly healthy man so unless he has no testicles there are techniques that a lab can use to harvest sperm for IVF. Someone more clever than I can make a joke about that.

Perhaps one of them is known to be subfertile, TLC would see a gold mine in that, you could build a whole season plus on Benessa's fertility treatments. Thst did it with the Little Couple, not that they are anything like Benessa. We were actually cheering Bill and Jen along.

Jill is going to regret being at Big Sandy with a tiny baby and internal stitches. I bet her tapes haven't even come off yet. :|

bad bad idea. i didn't even have a rushed c-section and waiting over a month to be super active was the best thing imo. i hope she's not carrying around the baby seat. :shock: even a moby would be an abdominal strain constantly getting up and sitting down.

Are Dill thinking they have to continue to be seen to be relevant? Is she really so short sighted and eager that she can't wait this one year out and stay in bed and heal completely? good grief.

[tm][/tm]

Jill is going to regret being at Big Sandy with a tiny baby and internal stitches. I bet her tapes haven't even come off yet. :|

bad bad idea. i didn't even have a rushed c-section and waiting over a month to be active was the best thing imo. i hope she's not carrying around the baby seat. :shock: even a moby would be an abdominal strain constantly getting up and sitting down.

Are Dill thinking they have to continue to be seen to be relevant? Is she really so short sighted and eager that she can't wait this one year out? good grief.

I think it's crazy too. But they seem to be staying in a house, she has lots and lots of help and, if she intends to spend half her life pregnant, she probably has the mindset that nothing about pregnancy/birth/nursing really prevents her from living her life.

[tm][/tm]

I think it's crazy too. But, they seem to be staying in a house, she has lots and lots of help, and, if you intend to spend half of your life pregnant you probably have the mindset that nothing about pregnancy/birth/nursing really prevents you from living your life.

she might kind of be still in shock too, honestly. Sorry i should have put that comment on the Izzy thread :) i haven't caught up on it yet.

[align=left][/align]

Maybe Benji is shooting blanks..... :o

Or as was said to me when going through fertility treatment....'Is he sticking it in the right place' :pink-shock:

I remember a TH once when Jessa was asked (well before either girl's courtship) something about how many children she would have and she said "well, I doubt I could have as many as my mom"

Just the way she said it made me wonder if there was something medical.

But that's reading a lot into one comment, I know...

Recently I read an article about a woman who was genetically male, but was born with a vagina and grew up feeling pretty damn female. Do I actually think that's what's going on with Jessa? Probably not, but I vaguely wonder how the family would react to that one.

More likely it just hasn't happened yet.

Good. I am so glad that Jessa is not pregnant. I hope she has at least a year before she gets pregnant, as both her and Ben have some growing up to do.

I hope she isn't infertile or has any medical condition that will prevent her carrying to term though, it was so sad when Erin kept having miscarriages, and I am so happy she got the medical treatment she needs and is now pregnant. Hopefully she just isn't as fertile as other people (unless she really doesn't want kids) and will naturally have a smaller family, or even better, that she is actively preventing it.

This is not just regarding Ben but to have to be tested as a male for fertility would he not have to (prior) to marriage engage in thoughts that would be unrighteously fulfilled ( per their rules)?

Would that mean a male in fundie land could really only get fertility tested once married and his wife could "participate" in the acquisition of the goods?

To much thinking for me at this hour after second nightshift. Off to use the :brain-bleach:

Edited to add that I in no way think Ben needs to be tested nor do I think any lack of pregnancy at this point is cause for alarm

Archived