IGNORED

Fun with Google Earth - Duggar house

lizzy

Enter the fiollowing coordinates into Google Earth.

36°08'43.46" N 94°14'46.19" W

Zoom in and view from above.

Anybody recognize this home?

Anybody recognize this home?

It looks like the Duggar's house. I didn't realize it was that big! And it looks like several buses or trucks are in the yard. What's up with that?

Nell

Their house is up a little and to the left. It's a trucking company that comes up when you put in those coordinates. Look for the basketball court behind the house.

I didn't know that they had a basketball court behind their house. You can zoom in and get a look at the house from the driveway.

OK, now I see it. LOL, I thought that other building looked awfully large to be a home and then all those trucks.

Nell

I thought their piece of land was much larger than that. I'm surprised how close the other buildings are. Yes the land is big, but not huge enough for the kids to build their houses on it too or it'd become very crowded.

All I can think of when I see this photo, is WHY OH WHY have they not grown their own food organically? Not only would it save them tons o' $$$$ (which they always love), but they could use various aspect of the plants & growing process (think evaporation) as great homeschool projects. I JUST DON'T GET THEM!!!!

ps... I've never seen anyone from the fam playing basketball. WTF is with the court then?

All I can think of when I see this photo, is WHY OH WHY have they not grown their own food organically?

I have always wondered this.

I've also wondered why they have no pets. It almost seems un-American to not have at least one pet. You don't have to be a crazy cat lady like me with 5 cats but jeeze, a dog or cat would be nice.

Nell

I've also wondered why they have no pets. It almost seems un-American to not have at least one pet. You don't have to be a crazy cat lady like me with 5 cats but jeeze, a dog or cat would be nice.

Nell

I think they don't have any pets because Princess Michelle isn't fond of them.

As much as I dislike these peeps, I've heard J'Chelle mention her love of cats. Also, another episode talked about their previous pet dogs. Finally, I came across a "lost" poster listing (can't claim whether or not it's true) for a Toonces the cat from the Duggar compound. Poor pussy. Would be funny though if JChell & Boob named their cat after an OLD SNL character. Soooo they watched tv, did they? Hell bound no doubt.

I think they don't have any pets because Princess Michelle isn't fond of them.

Bus seriously, considering the benefits of organic farming, and their persistent slogan about saving money, I say we FJers make it a job of ours to convince them to serious grow a decent organic garden on that land. Anyone with me? We could get TLC involved! 1 for the Duggars & 1 for Mother (shit, sorry...) Father Earth. Let's do it :happy-bouncyshadowgreen:

All I can think of when I see this photo, is WHY OH WHY have they not grown their own food organically? Not only would it save them tons o' $$$$ (which they always love), but they could use various aspect of the plants & growing process (think evaporation) as great homeschool projects. I JUST DON'T GET THEM!!!!

ps... I've never seen anyone from the fam playing basketball. WTF is with the court then?

They have shown some of the younger kids playing around on the court. Throwing balls, riding skateboards. I don't think we've ever seen them playing basketball as teams but it looks like it gets a fair amount of use as a flat surface to play around on in the yard.

They do have a couple of cats but they live strictly outside and they used to a German Shepard named Jasmine but they got rid of her cause she started biting.

I think Gothard discourages pets because he says they become idols or take the place of children or something. Honestly, I wouldn't want the Duggars to have pets. I just don't think they could care for them properly. There's only so much neglect they can get away with with children because people care about their children, but they would have no reason to give a pet the care that it deserves. I somehow doubt they would neuter or spay a pet, and just a few cats could quickly turn into Duggers version 2.

They do have a couple of cats but they live strictly outside and they used to a German Shepard named Jasmine but they got rid of her cause she started biting.

I would bite them too. Preferably in Jim Boob's baby making area :twisted:

I thought their piece of land was much larger than that. I'm surprised how close the other buildings are. Yes the land is big, but not huge enough for the kids to build their houses on it too or it'd become very crowded.

I think those larger buildings with all the vehicles beside the road are on their land. I remember when the family was in Little Rock, the older boys went to check on some storage buildings that the Duggars rent out; I think those are the storage buildings they were checking on. So the land with all the trees on it to the right may be part of their property as well.

I think JB mentioned the TTH property is about 20 acres. That's a good amount, but it would start to look like a little subdivision if all the kids actually tried to put houses there, especially since some of the land can't really be built on.

Nell

I am wondering if proximity to the dump might have scared them from growing food. Wouldn't a lot of questionable stuff be seeping into the surrounding land?

I have seen the boys and Joy Anna playing with the basketball hoop.

I have also seen random dogs on "19 Kids" and Michelle was saying that the kids bring home strays a lot, and they feed them outside. I know that they have had cats, as well, because Joy Anna talked about one of them dying on a TH segment.

If they have 20 acres and the town dump is less than a mile away, I would think their land would be very close to the dump(if not the house). I would not grow food on land that close to toxic chemicals and things people throw away. Ewwww,they probably got that land cheap.

Here is the photo for those without Google Earth:

I love how they are less than a mile from the town dump.

Hey! Don't knock it! Living in the country, you usually have to haul your own garbage to the dump. Growing up, we had to every Saturday morning and it was just up the road. Though.......now that I write this, you know they have trash service.

I hope it smells there now. ;)

Subdividing - In one of the very early shows, JB talked about one reason for buying this property was to have room for each of his kids to have a house one day. However, Josh seems perfectly happy living off the compound, and I've heard rumors that JD lives somewhere else as well, so maybe that idea hasn't gone over so well with the kids. Or maybe it's cheaper to just use up the rental houses until they're all occupied. :D

Gardening - there was an episode several years ago where a "friend" (probably someone paid by TLC) came in and helped them plant a small garden. As I recall, no one was too interested, partially because (I think) they had to carry water out there. Why they didn't just invest in a few hoses, I don't know, but I suspect it was to make the effort more dramatic for TV, or JB was too cheap. Anyway, no one cared a whit (including JB and Michelle), and the garden has never been heard of again. Now I'm sure they'd say they're too busy traveling to keep up with a garden.

Pets - they say they've had a few, and I've occasionally seen a cat or a dog in the background, but they've never emphasized this - probably because that way the viewing public won't realize when a "pet" is no longer there.

Archived