IGNORED

Men are the most targeted & hated minority group - Kelly @GC

Effie

"Men are the most targeted and hated minority group that exists. They are open game and no one dares to protest." From Kelly's post Male-Hating Brainwashing Begins Early.

Minority group - where? On which planet is she living?

The most targeted group? Uh no. Men are the most privileged people out there.

Well white, middle-class or upper class men are the most privileged group that exists.

Lower class men are less privileged but still less targeted and exposed than lower class women.

Perhaps a white woman from the upper class might be more privileged than a lower class, black man...

However I think there are few cases where women would be more privileged than men, at least to that extension that we would say that men are the most targeted and hated people.

I don't get Kelly. Do you?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Considering that Linda Harvey screed I read yesterday wherein I was informed that my existence repulses all of humanity - if in fact I exist at all! I conclude that Kelly is full of shit.

*ETA: This "But what about the MEN?!?" pearl clutching never fails to irritate and bemuse me.

If men are supposed to be so strong I don't see how being questionned can bring them down. But whatev' she wants to change who the victims are - very characteristic of the dominants. ;)

Even worse, she's basing her entire screed off of a folder from the David and Goliath company that reads "Boys are stupider, send them to Jupiter". From that one random folder, she's drawn this conclusion:

There it is, meant to be seen, read and pondered every day as “Susie anything-boys-can-do-I-can-do-better†neatly gathers her stack of books while the boy next to her “obviously†is inferior because he can’t tolerate sitting in a desk for eight hours a day and so has to be medicated.

Um...what? Because clearly every asinine grade school rhyme is meant to be taken seriously by adults. Plus, it's David and Goliath. Their merchandise runs the gamut from amusing to offensive. They also make a shirt for men that reads "Sorry girls, I only date models", which doesn't reek of male arrogance and the objectification of women at all :roll: If Kelly were in a position to actually provide her kids with school supplies rather than being given donations, she would never have even seen the horribly offensive folder...but she's not. If the company bothers you, don't use their products.

She's not necessarily wrong that male characters are often portrayed as buffoonish, but that doesn't make them an oppressed minority. Women are just as often portrayed as airheaded ditzes, but apparently Kelly doesn't care if anyone tramples on a girl's self-esteem. It's all about TEH MEN.

"Men are the most targeted and hated minority group that exists. They are open game and no one dares to protest." From Kelly's post Male-Hating Brainwashing Begins Early.

Ah, so this is the news from Opposite Land?

Plus, it's David and Goliath. Their merchandise runs the gamut from amusing to offensive. They also make a shirt for men that reads "Sorry girls, I only date models", which doesn't reek of male arrogance and the objectification of women at all :roll:

I guess blondes are a very oppressed group as well. After all David and Goliath are making fun of them, like: "I'm Naturally Blonde So Speak Slowly". Shouldn't that bother Kelly since she is a natural (?) blonde.

Ah, so this is the news from Opposite Land?

Yes that, or Kelly must be smoking something.

Even worse, she's basing her entire screed off of a folder from the David and Goliath company that reads "Boys are stupider, send them to Jupiter". From that one random folder, she's drawn this conclusion:

Um...what? Because clearly every asinine grade school rhyme is meant to be taken seriously by adults. Plus, it's David and Goliath. Their merchandise runs the gamut from amusing to offensive. They also make a shirt for men that reads "Sorry girls, I only date models", which doesn't reek of male arrogance and the objectification of women at all :roll: If Kelly were in a position to actually provide her kids with school supplies rather than being given donations, she would never have even seen the horribly offensive folder...but she's not. If the company bothers you, don't use their products.

She's not necessarily wrong that male characters are often portrayed as buffoonish, but that doesn't make them an oppressed minority. Women are just as often portrayed as airheaded ditzes, but apparently Kelly doesn't care if anyone tramples on a girl's self-esteem. It's all about TEH MEN.

I love your comment about Kelly relying on donations rather than buying school supplies herself. She's such a mooch.

Living in the real world (unlike Kelly) I find things that are offensive to both women and men. I hate the buffoonish husband married to the hot, smart wife meme that has been TV staples since "The Honeymooners." But I also hate seeing women as obsessed with material possessions and finding a man, any man-"Sex and the City."

Can we have some originality for once? I want to see couples where both the wife and husband are intelligent and thoughtful. I want to see women who actually care about something other than designer shoes, and getting married. Hollywood writers-get on it!

Haha, I actually gave that T-shirt to my friend for his birthday this year. Since we were in 9th grade we've had a contest going on to see who can give the other one the most obnoxious T-shirt that we can wear in public. He loved it.

And while I have run into a few psychotic misandrists in my time, they are definitely not the majority of people.

Ah yes, the poor men. The ones who the women are to submit to. The ones who get paid more than I do, as I do not have the equipment to run the mythical "dickdrive", the only reason I can see why a male software developer with less experience and talent makes more than I. The ones who have run things since time memorial (with a few exceptions). The ones with more physical strength and the ability to intimidate with said stature. Those poor, poor things. We must take up a collection to assist them in their persecution. Especially the most hated: the white man. He has had the deck stacked against him for far too long!

:roll:

In the eternal, satirical words of Ben Folds:

"Y'all don't know what it's like, being male, middle class, and white."

Boy did she get it wrong. Everybody knows it's white Christian males that are the persecuted minority in this country! ;)

Living in the real world (unlike Kelly) I find things that are offensive to both women and men. I hate the buffoonish husband married to the hot, smart wife meme that has been TV staples since "The Honeymooners." But I also hate seeing women as obsessed with material possessions and finding a man, any man-"Sex and the City."

Can we have some originality for once? I want to see couples where both the wife and husband are intelligent and thoughtful. I want to see women who actually care about something other than designer shoes, and getting married. Hollywood writers-get on it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054533/vid ... e=1&sort=2

Have fun! You'll see real love, respect and disagreements between spouses, friends and co-workers, no one character is always the idiotic one (or the smart one), and everybody is just goofy and/or vulnerable enough to make it funny.

A bit behind our current standards for women, but, considering that it was 1961, not bad.

Most targeted and hated minority group?

Has she never heard of the minority groups who are tortured and killed. . . just for existing?

That's much worse than having some kiddie poem made up about you.

Boo hoo, I"m sure African-Americans, Jews and the Tutsis (just to name a few) can really empathize with how tragic this is.

Umm, has she looked at the gender composition of congress or any large company's board of directors lately?

Guest Anonymous

I post on a forum with a RCC fellow who seems to feel the same way. He's a 40+ yo virgin living in his mothers basement. Swears he's unemployable due to feminazi's.

Ok, so we can't have girls rescuing boys, 'cuz that's gonna hurt the menfolks pride and we can't have boys rescuing girls, 'cuz that will set us back 100 years - what CAN we have?

It's always going to be something with someone. Someone will find SOMETHING offensive.

We teach the three white, middle class young men that I gave birth to that they need to understand and unpack that backpack of privilege that was bestowed on them just for being born. They don't need to feel guilty about it, but they do need to be aware of where society places them in juxtaposition to everyone else by no merit - or fault - of their own. I think this needs to be explicitly taught to young men in these group, in particular, because they don't necessarily just "get it" on their own. We've been banging this drum for years and the eldest finally has a grasp and the younger two are starting to understand.

We teach the three white, middle class young men that I gave birth to that they need to understand and unpack that backpack of privilege that was bestowed on them just for being born. They don't need to feel guilty about it, but they do need to be aware of where society places them in juxtaposition to everyone else by no merit - or fault - of their own. I think this needs to be explicitly taught to young men in these group, in particular, because they don't necessarily just "get it" on their own. We've been banging this drum for years and the eldest finally has a grasp and the younger two are starting to understand.

Thanks so much for this. I have two boys and I've been trying to put into words what I want to say to them regarding this subject ... you've done so for me beautifully. I will remember this post!

Guest Anonymous

Standing ovation :clap: :clap:

1. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. The title "Male-Hating Brainwashing Begins Early" is also funny because I think it's the opposite. We're taught to love, look up to and give the benefit of the doubt to men (no matter what) early on. That's part of why it's so hard to convict a man of rape or other crimes against women or children.

Thanks so much for this. I have two boys and I've been trying to put into words what I want to say to them regarding this subject ... you've done so for me beautifully. I will remember this post!

I'm glad you found it helpful (and perhaps also glad that I occasionally say something useful to someone :D ).

Word Warrior says:

August 30, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Sorry for not clarifying…yes, I definitely meant in America.

Huh, the poor men in America.

Archived