IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 3

happy atheist

Being unemotional doesn't mean that she has completely no feelings at all, to the point where she would not even smile when something really good happens, or cry when something terrible happens. It just takes more to get her to show it than most people, she doesn't give out genuine smiles as often as most of her sisters (except Jenny, for different reasons), but she can, its just not as easy. She seems happier now she is married now, cause there is a genuine reason for her to be happy.

I think that if she had the choice, she would have had a simple, cheap wedding followed by a little bit of a get together in her house for her close friends and family. It sounds like that's what she was going for, with her saying she doesn't want to spend a ton of money, lets not have a cake, who cares about flowers. But TLC doesn't want that, that's no fun, but she cant pretend to be happy as well as her siblings can (mainly because of her epic resting bitchface), so she just sits through it and acts like she hates it.

I love this 1000% and I totally agree - thank you- brilliant post :worship: :worship:

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or is she were a non-fundie lass, she might prefer something like my cousin is doing next week. Immediate family and very best friends are going to Vegas, chapel wedding, simple reception, and then everyone is free to go ride roller coasters, take in a show, or hit the slots. Custom experiences for all. Beats rubber chicken, chicken dances and boring reception halls.

You are completely right. Jessa probably wanted no part of all that fuss but she and Ben are under contract and TLC gets what TLC wants.

and if Ben and Jessa want a three week honeymoon in Europe - they will play along to a degree

I am wondering what we will see of the honeymoon - I am actually SO SURPRISED they filmed that

I hope it will be sweet - but at the same time I wonder what we will actually see -.....not a invadaing type of way - but are we going to see more of Paris than the two of them staring at the eifel tower kissing :nenner:

and if Ben and Jessa want a three week honeymoon in Europe - they will play along to a degree

I am wondering what we will see of the honeymoon - I am actually SO SURPRISED they filmed that

I hope it will be sweet - but at the same time I wonder what we will actually see -.....not a invadaing type of way - but are we going to see more of Paris than the two of them staring at the eifel tower kissing :nenner:

I just hope we are not all irritated at what a waste it is to send a Duggar overseas.

I just hope we are not all irritated at what a waste it is to send a Duggar overseas.

Jessa pouting that the Eiffel towel is so tall :D

Ben trying to speak french to a local and they stare at him like he is crazy

Is it bad I'm officially jealous of Benessa? They get to pretty much have their wedding planned and paid for them, they don't have to do anything while planning the wedding, and they get an amazing Honeymoon in Europe. :wtf:

Also, I am officially considering selling my soul to the highest bidder who can make the above happen for Fiance and I. Any takers?

Jessa pouting that the Eiffel towel is so tall :D

Ben trying to speak french to a local and they stare at him like he is crazy

At least Boob won't be tagging along and attempting to speak the wrong language to everyone he meets, while also complaining about the food and customs. Although, a lot of Europeans speak two or more languages, so the whole Spanish thing might not be a bad option.

Is it bad I'm officially jealous of Benessa? They get to pretty much have their wedding planned and paid for them, they don't have to do anything while planning the wedding, and they get an amazing Honeymoon in Europe. :wtf:

Also, I am officially considering selling my soul to the highest bidder who can make the above happen for Fiance and I. Any takers?

I went to Nice and it wasn't that nice - now Monaco is amazing !!! Cafe de Paris omg the best !!

and Nantucket is even cheaper and way better - and Hotel Brisdol in Rapello Italy - AMAZING

Being a biotch at work would not be deemed acceptable behavior for most employees.

But we shouldn't be too hard on Jessa, this is her first job and all (likely her last too).

Again, JBs parenting methods are better- his show proclaims its. Except, we have proof in every show, that his methods have produced abysmal results.

I went to Nice and it wasn't that nice - now Monaco is amazing !!! Cafe de Paris omg the best !!

and Nantucket is even cheaper and way better - and Hotel Brisdol in Rapello Italy - AMAZING

Lol! I've been to Paris and Rome as a teenager - loved both of them and I really want to go back someday (and visit Ireland, Germany, and pretty much every country). Never been to Nantucket, but I have been to Block Island which is one of my favorite places on earth. We'll probably end up in the Caribbean somewhere for our Honeymoon though - Fiance really wants to just sit on a beach somewhere warm and not have to do anything. Lol!

Lol! I've been to Paris and Rome as a teenager - loved both of them and I really want to go back someday (and visit Ireland, Germany, and pretty much every country). Never been to Nantucket, but I have been to Block Island which is one of my favorite places on earth. We'll probably end up in the Caribbean somewhere for our Honeymoon though - Fiance really wants to just sit on a beach somewhere warm and not have to do anything. Lol!

Maui

Kamoloe Nalu - #406 heaven on earth :D

You are completely right. Jessa probably wanted no part of all that fuss but she and Ben are under contract and TLC gets what TLC wants.

Nobody forced Jessa to send out 800 wedding invitations or post multiple registries totaling $30K worth of items.

If she truly wanted a small, private wedding it could have been achieved, but one does not get thousands in gifts from "small, private weddings".

Nobody forced Jessa to send out 800 wedding invitations or post multiple registries totaling $30K worth of items.

If she truly wanted a small, private wedding it could have been achieved, but one does not get thousands in gifts from "small, private weddings".

didn't you hear them when they were registering - they said they were starting from the ground up

when you have nothing for a new home - you need everything - I know I did :D

and yes I didn't need $30grand but still I get it

stand by it :cracking-up:

I can think of one person who wanted the 800 wedding invites and the fanfare. Hint--- he walked her down the aisle. He would never put up with a kid who wants to elope or have a small wedding. A big spectacle=ratings=$$$.

The 30K worth of gifts are on her.

All this talk of JOY and putting others first, and not a single married Duggar decided to have a donation to charity/needy people as a wedding gift option. Not surprising though. My non religious friends had one for their wedding. And I'm not saying oh you're a crappy person if you don't do that for your wedding- I don't know if I will- but I just find the obvious gift grab weddings so ironic since all they talk about is serving others.

All this talk of JOY and putting others first, and not a single married Duggar decided to have a donation to charity/needy people as a wedding gift option. Not surprising though. My non religious friends had one for their wedding. And I'm not saying oh you're a crappy person if you don't do that for your wedding- I don't know if I will- but I just find the obvious gift grab weddings so ironic since all they talk about is serving others.

Words and actions do not often match with the Duggars.

Come and sit down on the bench next to me- I agree completely!

Come and sit down on the bench next to me- I agree completely!

It was REALLY sad to watch the gift registry grab. The problem with growing up really poor [and while the Duggars had a positive net worth they lived VERY poor for several years] is that you begin to feel sorry for yourself as deprived--even when that sheltered [or maybe also because of it]. Her eyes lit up as they looked at house stuff at Wal-Mart. Ben has had "more" of everything including parental attention. When he and Jboy were in the toys I thought he did that 1)To make the scene interesting 2) to let the kid roam and dream. So sad that Jessa really hasn't had many times to choose ANYTHING. I think, though, that the next Duggar couple may reign it in a bit--the comments have been so negative on the gift-grabs.

I can honestly see it both ways. On the one hand, I firmly believe the huge wedding circus is everyone else's idea, and not Jessa's. It's a shame she has to go along with it when something simple like an elopement would have suited her better.

But on the other hand, it would be nice to see her smile more during this season. Yes, it is all a bullshit hassle, but I'd make more of an effort to smile if the end result was a house, a honeymoon in Paris, and $30,000 worth of grifted goodies for myself and the manboy I married.

Plus, it's not like Jessa couldn't have pushed for all this to come to a complete stop after she and Ben married. She could have refused to appear on camera anymore the exact nanosecond she left her father's umbrella of protection and harassed Ben to get a real job that didn't involve scrubbing Jim Bob's toilets. I'm sure Jessa was more than happy to have TLC follow her around on her honeymoon if it meant they were willing to pay for it.

I can honestly see it both ways. On the one hand, I firmly believe the huge wedding circus is everyone else's idea, and not Jessa's. It's a shame she has to go along with it when something simple like an elopement would have suited her better.

But on the other hand, it would be nice to see her smile more during this season. Yes, it is all a bullshit hassle, but I'd make more of an effort to smile if the end result was a house, a honeymoon in Paris, and $30,000 worth of grifted goodies for myself and the manboy I married.

Plus, it's not like Jessa couldn't have pushed for all this to come to a complete stop after she and Ben married. She could have refused to appear on camera anymore the exact nanosecond she left her father's umbrella of protection and harassed Ben to get a real job that didn't involve scrubbing Jim Bob's toilets. I'm sure Jessa was more than happy to have TLC follow her around on her honeymoon if it meant they were willing to pay for it.

Completely agree. I always find it sad when someone feels like they have to go along with what other people want when it comes to a wedding - its nice to consider the feelings and ideas that they throw out, but at the end of the day the couple should be able to plan what they feel is right for them.

I think the fact that they couldn't do that says a lot about her parents, them as a couple, and the way she was raised:

- Parents: Obviously feel like they should have a lot more control over their adult children than they should. Also obvious that they really don't value what their individual children may or may not be comfortable sharing with the world. We kind of knew all that already, but this just drives it home a bit more. I give Benessa credit for having their first kiss as a couple in a way that made them comfortable.

The Couple: A couple ready for marriage discusses their wedding plans, budgets wisely, doesn't plan something they can't afford, and does what is best for their situation. . . Jessa and Ben didn't seem to really do a lot of that. I think it just shows how emotionally young they both are and how inexperienced they are with life. I can't blame them too much because they were both stunted by their upbringings, but I still feel strongly that if you are ready for marriage then you should be ready to stand up to your parents if they don't like your plans - and you should be willing to support yourselves if they pull that support away.

Upbringing: All that said, I do see why Jessa would have trouble standing up to her parents over the wedding. She is a very strong willed individual and isn't afraid to speak her mind - but she was also raised to obey her father at all times and was not given the education necessary to support herself. With an unemployed then-Fiance and a complete reliance on her parents for survival, she may have felt like she had no other option than to go along (grudgingly) with the big wedding.

Additionally, the boy she married was under the control of her parents as well. Yes, they could have moved back to his family's area or asked them for help, but we have no way of knowing whether his father would have allowed that to happen or not. We also have to consider the possibility that Ben really didn't want to do anything that would cause a rift with Jessa's family because he didn't want to see her hurt like that. Or consider that he actually did want a big wedding and Jessa agreed to make him happy (but still didn't really care about planning it).

That, plus she and Ben wanted all those gifts.

If she is willing to take out, she has to be willing to put in. And why couldn't a small wedding be filmed and aired? If they had a family only wedding, TLC could have had the exactly same # of episodes. Big= Attention for JB and more gifts for the kids.

Sadly, Duggarville did not prepare the kids for the real world.

The Duggars' thrive off of attention. I doubt any of them will be having small weddings.

I do not think that Jana, JD or Jinger thrive on the attention. Given a choice, I could see all 3 of those people making very different decisions.

IMO, this is brainwashing. How come adults are not allowed to make their own decisions?

Does anyone think that 19 yo JB or 17yo M would have allowed their parents to make all the rules and decisions?

I do not think that Jana, JD or Jinger thrive on the attention. Given a choice, I could see all 3 of those people making very different decisions.

IMO, this is brainwashing. How come adults are not allowed to make their own decisions?

Does anyone think that 19 yo JB or 17yo M would have allowed their parents to make all the rules and decisions?

It would be great to see one of the kidults renounce courting, decide to kiss or otherwise direct their own personal and intimate relationship with another adult, and watch Michelle's head explode.

It would be great to see one of the kidults renounce courting, decide to kiss or otherwise direct their own personal and intimate relationship with another adult, and watch Michelle's head explode.

Relationships aside...I would love to see Jana and Jinger tell JB that they have secured jobs and a place to live and will be moving to X city in 2 weeks time. Also, JD (if he hasn't already done so) informing his parents that he is moving into the home that he owns. Lastly, Joy pulling out her acceptance letter to Texas A and M...along with proof of financing that Derick helped her secure-

At least Boob won't be tagging along and attempting to speak the wrong language to everyone he meets, while also complaining about the food and customs. Although, a lot of Europeans speak two or more languages, so the whole Spanish thing might not be a bad option.

Boobs “HOLAAA†is always a bad option. always. :penguin-no:

Archived