IGNORED

Just pray & "God" will pay...

0 kids n not countin

Oh, wow, it DOES work!

Last month I "prayed" (asked other local veterans and a few friends) about finding an optometrist that isn't so pricey. It was laid on someone's heart to tell me that the VA will provide eye exams, and then it was laid on someone ELSE'S heart to suggest I find web-based stores for less pricey glasses.

So I have an eye exam this week AND next week, when I get my living allowance, I can buy new glasses!!! All hail the Glow Cloud!

Yeah let me know if that works. I am going for my DNP and I need to pay off my current loans first. If it works, I'll try it. LOL In the mean time, I'll continue to double pay!

I am right there with you guys, guess I just haven't been praying hard enough! :D

The idea that God is like Santa Claus is so offensive to me.

Then again, I'm Catholic, and perhaps "wrong" or "unworthy" of "thing" gifts.

When I pray, I ask for spiritual help - like patience, strength, peace for someone who is dying, or comfort for someone who is sick or facing loss.

When my husband was informed his job was being moved across the country (options were to move 1200 miles away or lose your job), I didn't ask God for "a new job with great benefits, salary within our needs, and a close commute" - finding those opportunities were in our hands. However, I did pray for the courage to be the "strong one" while my husband went through a very emotional process, for the fortitude to handle potentially multiple major life changes at once, etc.

I don't know if my way is the "right way," but I feel like asking for "things" is like building some celestial gift registry. :shifty-kitty:

O.M.G.

From the site ww.fstdt.com/RandomQuotes.aspx, I clicked "random quotes" and saw this:

[tab=30]Quote# 27252

"Recently my friend brought his dog (a boy dog) over to my house. I too have a dog that is a boy. I thought it would be fun for them to meet. Lord, I wish I'd never done that. My dog tried to... umm... "lie with" my friend's dog. In fact, I think they actually made love, because they were together a long time before my friend finally brought the water hose and we squirted them apart.

I've asked Jesus to forgive me for owning such a sinful beast. Since I could not explain the nature of sin to my dog, Jesus laid it on my heart to have my dog put to sleep, so it would not continue a sinful lifestyle.

So today I noticed that the new Facebook gift is a puppy in a box and I'm really sad because my dog is dead. Has anyone else had to deal with something like this?

PS - some of my liberal friends think I shouldn't have put my dog to sleep. IDK, what do u guys think?"

Horatio Foxwood III, Facebook 137 Comments [7/15/2007 8:51:19 PM]

Fundie Index: 25

Submitted By: Fili

WTF?! || meh

That is a great site!

O.M.G.

From the site ww.fstdt.com/RandomQuotes.aspx, I clicked "random quotes" and saw this:

[tab=30]Quote# 27252

"Recently my friend brought his dog (a boy dog) over to my house. I too have a dog that is a boy. I thought it would be fun for them to meet. Lord, I wish I'd never done that. My dog tried to... umm... "lie with" my friend's dog. In fact, I think they actually made love, because they were together a long time before my friend finally brought the water hose and we squirted them apart.

I've asked Jesus to forgive me for owning such a sinful beast. Since I could not explain the nature of sin to my dog, Jesus laid it on my heart to have my dog put to sleep, so it would not continue a sinful lifestyle.

So today I noticed that the new Facebook gift is a puppy in a box and I'm really sad because my dog is dead. Has anyone else had to deal with something like this?

PS - some of my liberal friends think I shouldn't have put my dog to sleep. IDK, what do u guys think?"

Horatio Foxwood III, Facebook 137 Comments [7/15/2007 8:51:19 PM]

Fundie Index: 25

Submitted By: Fili

WTF?! || meh

That had better be a troll post :(

Archived