IGNORED

Ignore Our Racist Graduate--The Real Problem is Abortion

ViolaSebastian

I'm sure many of you have already heard about the two Oklahoma University students that were expelled for leading a racist chant on a fraternity party bus. If not, here's the article of what went down:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/10/us/oklahoma-racist-chant/

Now, that in and of itself is horrible, but then the alma mater of one of the students, a Jesuit prep school, used the horrible actions of their alumnus to bring up a recurring fundie favorite: abortion.

In a recent video regarding OU and SAE fraternity, it appears that a graduate of Dallas Jesuit is leading the racist chant.

I am appalled by the actions in the video and extremely hurt by the pain this has caused our community. It is unconscionable and very sad that in 2015 we live in a society where this type of bigotry and racism takes place. All of us at Jesuit Dallas are deeply committed to create a culture of justice and equality for all. This was certainly true when the School became the first in Dallas to integrate and it is true today.

And now, the kicker:

Unfortunately, isolated incidents throughout our society reminds us that there is still much work to be done. Jesuit Dallas calls on all men and women of Good Will, God's will, to fight against a culture of racism, bigotry, and death, including that of the unborn. Sincerely, Mike Earsing

Screwing them for muddying the waters and using anti-choice language to deflect from the racist bigot that they helped create.

https://twitter.com/jesuitdallas/status ... 56/photo/1

Oh FFS, I expect more from Jesuits. I applaud University President David Boren for not calling this an "isolated incident." He basically said "don't let the screen door hit you on the way out, crackers."

Oh FFS, I expect more from Jesuits. I applaud University President David Boren for not calling this an "isolated incident." He basically said "don't let the screen door hit you on the way out, crackers."

I have a friend who is a very high ranking Jesuit. As a result, I expect more from them as well. Maybe this is a renegade conservative Jesuit? :lol:

I have a friend who is a very high ranking Jesuit. As a result, I expect more from them as well. Maybe this is a renegade conservative Jesuit? :lol:

From the looks of the webpage, the guy who wrote this is not a priest. So that could explain some of the tone deafness and un-Jesuitlike behavior. :shifty-kitty:

ETA: It looks like 4 of the 14 people on the board of trustees are Jesuit priests. I don't honestly know if this is a typical ratio for a Jesuit school or not.

Having been around Jesuits all my life, I see that response merely as, "Yes, he fucked up. We still have much work to do to get life on the earth right." And then he went on to mention all the indignities he could think of.. and of course he included abortion... but.. he's a priest!

Why would you "expect more" from Jesuits? The order that dumps their abusive priests into Alaska and the Pacific Northwest? The evangelical arm of the RCC?

We used to say mean things about the boys from Jesuit in HS (I went to a private HS near there). Clearly they applied to the board. x.x

I would hope to expect more from anyone priest or not.

Of course it's important to think about intersectionality with race - like gender, sexuality and class - but bringing up abortion??

Unfortunately, isolated incidents throughout our society reminds us that there is still much work to be done. Jesuit Dallas calls on all men and women of Good Will, God's will, to fight against a culture of racism , bigotry, and death, including that of the unborn. Sincerely, Mike Earsing

Fixed it. The rest of it was wholly unnecessary and has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Archived