IGNORED

Baby Dilly Arrival Watch/ Predictions? (Birth Date Poll)

Cheetah

I think big bellies translate to huge babies less often than we'd think...lots of things can contribute to a big belly including bone structure, fluid levels, etc.

I'm guessing late...(her EDD is the 17th? When is it?) I'm thinking like 1 week late, 8lber. I hope she has a great birth experience...however she defines that.

I agree about belly size and weight gain not necessarily being a decent indicator of actual fetal size.

My daughter is teeny tiny and gained a total of 13 lbs- her daughter was 8-5 at birth. My daughter went home from the hospital with a flat belly and weighing 97 lbs. No one (except her MD) would have guessed by looking at her that she would have a big baby. My niece was huge- and had a 7 lber. You just never know.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction is

-Jill has the most holy fundie birth ever.

-a long labor with lots of prayer, praise, and lots of scripture.

-For tv I predict Jill calling Michelle to ask is this the real deal, the phrase "labor is called labor because its hard work". Then crazy eyes from Michelle the rest of the time.

-On tv we get a review about Derrick for the 900th time.

-I also expect a lot to be said about being on this side of the table in the talking heads.

-The little kids talking about the baby.

-I expect the kid to be a tall and 8lbs.

- I think Derrick will be supportive probably talk about how he hates seeing her in pain.

-The entire clan comes over.

-Talk of more kids plus overuse of the work totally. :angry-banghead:

My original guess that Dicky Dillard would already be born has passed so I'll guess again. Jessa is still on "tour" so I'm guessing its safe that it wont be this week. However, I cant get over the novelty of the baby coming to earth on "Pi day," a day Jill likely thinks is dedicated to yummy things alone.

3-14-15 9 AM

He will be huge and born in a hospital by section.

because Baby Dilly will be born in the holy house - he will be the most holiest - not just because it is the holy house - but because he is the favorites first born son - he will outrank anything of Josh in a heartbeat - it is already happening with the way JB and M are acting

as for Jessa - she will not be around anywhere - Jill's buddy team will be in the next room - but Jessa won't

I would never wish any woman a difficult birth or giant baby but I look forward to the crazy tv show all the same!

My prediction is

-Jill has the most holy fundie birth ever.

-a long labor with lots of prayer, praise, and lots of scripture.

-to

Do you think that there would be a heavenly star leading to Bentonville, Arkansas? I'm sure it would be great for ratings. My apologies to Christian FJ's.

because Baby Dilly will be born in the holy house - he will be the most holiest - not just because it is the holy house - but because he is the favorites first born son - he will outrank anything of Josh in a heartbeat - it is already happening with the way JB and M are acting

as for Jessa - she will not be around anywhere - Jill's buddy team will be in the next room - but Jessa won't

True but we all know that Jill couldn't figure out how to Jill without Josh leading and guiding her as the oldest male sibling. Yes she is most likely going to outbaby him but it's all because of his leadership. Oh patriarchy.

Not to mention he has that job in DC that wants to take away rights from everyone Michelle and JB find icky.

I expect her to go late. My first was two weeks late. :(

I expect her labor to be hard but she will "push" through and have the home birth. She will probably labor for at least 24 hrs and push for 3 to 4.

As far as size, it's impossible to guess. I was huge with my first and he was just shy of 7lbs. But I was all water weight and when my water broke I believe I saw dolphins swim by. :lol:

So with that in mind, I'm guessing 7lbs 8 oz and 22inches long, on April 4th.

Do you think that there would be a heavenly star leading to Bentonville, Arkansas? I'm sure it would be great for ratings. My apologies to Christian FJ's.

No but I do expect Christmas cards with Derrick and Jill dressed as Mary Joseph with Rick James as Jesus. :stir-pot:

Unless there's a major emergency I think we'll see the whole birth, minus the money shot, of course. Jill's interested in midwifery and, more pertinently, she loves cheerleading for her way of life on camera. No way is she going to be private at the birth of her first child. Actually, even if there is a huge emergency they might opt to show everything anyway. Drama = ratings, after all.

As far as the baby's size, who knows. I'm in the minority in that I don't think she's remarkably big. She's like a lot of thin women who are all belly when pregnant. My sister is chronically underweight (just how she is), gained 40 pounds in both her pregnancies all in her belly, and both babies were under 8 lbs.

Maybe she'll pull the baby out herself just like Kourtney Kardashian.

how long was Michele's first labor? And I wonder how big josh was when born? That info would give us some predictive info for how Jill's will go. It would also be good to know how big Derick was when born.

Jill looks big, but she showed very early. Some women just always seem to show early and look big, but still have a normal sized baby. Her uterus may be slightly tipped so that she shows earlier.

Still, if I had to guess, I would not be surprised to see baby Dilly clocking in at 8.5 or more pounds, which is big for a first baby. I think labor will be long, and hard as, again, that is fairly common for first babies. But after this one, I think she will have shorter and much easier labors.

With Jill's love of midwifery, and her comfort with being on camera, I think they will show a fair amount of the labor, IF it goes fairly smoothly. I do worry, that if the baby is quite large, that she could run into problems. I hope they have a physician on stand by and have a fast route to the nearest hospital. I pray they won't need it, but I think it is a good idea to at least have a Plan B.

I know it's different, and psychologically she's probably so much more interested in gracefully pooping out a baby in the McMansion than keeping her cool at the dentist, but seriously, the girl was a WRECK for the wisdom teeth removal. Yes, she was younger, but seriously, what life experience has even transpired since then? And what's the hardest part of going under IV sedation? A pin prick of an IV start? I wonder how she'll handle this home birth. If she and the clan weren't so determined to show how God only blesses those with super fertility and picture-perfect, all-natural, enduring-the-Genesis-curse-on-women-like-a-super-fundie home births (sorry, that was a mouthful of snark there), then I'd think this is the worst idea imaginable.

You're not less of a woman if you have an epidural, C-section, or pain meds. You're human, and it's the 21st century. Be realistic. You already cooked a turkey for 9 months. You've earned your medal.

I know it's different, and psychologically she's probably so much more interested in gracefully pooping out a baby in the McMansion than keeping her cool at the dentist, but seriously, the girl was a WRECK for the wisdom teeth removal. Yes, she was younger, but seriously, what life experience has even transpired since then? And what's the hardest part of going under IV sedation? A pin prick of an IV start? I wonder how she'll handle this home birth. If she and the clan weren't so determined to show how God only blesses those with super fertility and picture-perfect, all-natural, enduring-the-Genesis-curse-on-women-like-a-super-fundie home births (sorry, that was a mouthful of snark there), then I'd think this is the worst idea imaginable.

You're not less of a woman if you have an epidural, C-section, or pain meds. You're human, and it's the 21st century. Be realistic. You already cooked a turkey for 9 months. You've earned your medal.

That's a good point. Jill strikes me as the "birth junkie" type who's fascinated by birth and the IDEA of her having an all natural woo woo birth but will be completely blindsided by her own experience. I remember years before the Duggars were a thing, back when TLC was transitioning from The Learning Channel to Freak Shows R Us, they showed a documentary on freebirthers. There was woman who was so smug leading up to her birth..."Scared? Of course I'm not scared. There's no reason to be." And then when she's in labor she's freaking out and crying, "I'm SCAAAAAAARED!" I can imagine Jill having to eat crow like that.

The difference though is that woman might not have seen a lot of deliveries, where as Jill has seen several. So she has probably seen some that go very smoothly and some that are really tough and long. So I think she is a bit more realistic that many would be.

I don't remember the wisdom teeth thing. I will say though, that I did natural deliveries and did fine. Yes, I had a few tense moments and I think I may have said a few snappish things here and there, but I did fine. But I absolutely hate going to the dentist. I suck it up and do it, but I am so tense and I am sure my B/P is sky high by the time I am done. Some people can handle some things well and other things will set them off.

So who knows. I do think Derick is in for a surprise.

I realize that the Duggars are entirely obnoxious with their opinions on birth babies and basically life in general. BUT - most women I know (none of whom could be called fundies) who made a conscious choice to opt out of pain meds during labor were not doing it for a medal...and just as much as epidural, c-section, pain-med birthing women (more power to you btw) don't appreciate being disparaged for their choices in labor, drug free moms don't like it either. Most of us are making that choice because we've done our research and feel like it's the best choice for us and our baby - for whatever reason...it's personal!! It's not unrealistic to opt out of drugs during labor, it's just not the right choice for everyone.

But yes you're right...if Jill is scared to death of having her wisdom teeth out, she might have trouble keeping her mind in check during a drug free labor. I don't know...it's one of those things you can never tell until you're there.

That's a good point. Jill strikes me as the "birth junkie" type who's fascinated by birth and the IDEA of her having an all natural woo woo birth but will be completely blindsided by her own experience. I remember years before the Duggars were a thing, back when TLC was transitioning from The Learning Channel to Freak Shows R Us, they showed a documentary on freebirthers. There was woman who was so smug leading up to her birth..."Scared? Of course I'm not scared. There's no reason to be." And then when she's in labor she's freaking out and crying, "I'm SCAAAAAAARED!" I can imagine Jill having to eat crow like that.

Why does this count as having to "eat crow"?! Virtually every woman in labor hits a point where she absolutely feels scared? Have you ever had a baby? Having a human moving through your birth canal feels freaky! It's also an amazing, empowering experience for many...but that doesn't preclude the feeling of being scared in the moment. And it's totally possibly to rationally know before birth that there's no reason to be scared (there isn't in like 99% of cases - although freebirthing without the assistance of trained professionals certainly increases the odds of you being in the 1%), but still feel scared during labor.

Why does this count as having to "eat crow"?! Virtually every woman in labor hits a point where she absolutely feels scared? Have you ever had a baby? Having a human moving through your birth canal feels freaky! It's also an amazing, empowering experience for many...but that doesn't preclude the feeling of being scared in the moment. And it's totally possibly to rationally know before birth that there's no reason to be scared (there isn't in like 99% of cases - although freebirthing without the assistance of trained professionals certainly increases the odds of you being in the 1%), but still feel scared during labor.

Umm, I thought I made it clear that feeling scared isn't the problem, it's her smug bitchiness beforehand, insisting that birthing on her own with no attendants was the best way to go and that because she was doing it that way and 200% naturally fear wouldn't be an issue. Basically, she had to eat the shit she spewed, something I always get a kick out of.

I guess we can put to rest the speculation that the baby may have been conceived earlier than the wedding? I remember that theory being bounced around a lot when Jill first announced.

Umm, I thought I made it clear that feeling scared isn't the problem, it's her smug bitchiness beforehand, insisting that birthing on her own with no attendants was the best way to go and that because she was doing it that way and 200% naturally fear wouldn't be an issue. Basically, she had to eat the shit she spewed, something I always get a kick out of.

I don't think there is anything that will completely prepare you for it. They didn't have epidurals at the hospital where I had my child in the late 80's . Wish they had, 10+ lb., forceps and mean SOB OB substituting that day. I think it's best to keep an open mind as to what you will or won't do.

Jill really doesn't look like she has gained more than the recommended 15-20 pounds. I think she looks really good for being 9 months. Stretched out and uncomfortable indeed. But I bet she bounces back pretty quick.

I hope she doesn't tear or need a episiotomy. Sometimes those are so severe that healing takes much longer and are very painful. I think she will do fine during labor though. As someone mentioned, I do hope the birth plan involves a plan B. If Dilly is too big, she might need a c-section. You just never know until D-day sometimes.

Jill really doesn't look like she has gained more than the recommended 15-20 pounds. I think she looks really good for being 9 months. Stretched out and uncomfortable indeed. But I bet she bounces back pretty quick.

I hope she doesn't tear or need a episiotomy. Sometimes those are so severe that healing takes much longer and are very painful. I think she will do fine during labor though. As someone mentioned, I do hope the birth plan involves a plan B. If Dilly is too big, she might need a c-section. You just never know until D-day sometimes.

well she has to be ok in 60 days :D in order to get pregnant again by June :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

well she has to be ok in 60 days :D in order to get pregnant again by June :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Add an extra stitch, for old times sakes lol

Archived