IGNORED

The Pearls Runined My Day!

Visionoyahweh

So, this morning i was harmlessly changing out a faucet in the bathroom. I was happy until I reached for the plumbing supply line that attaches to the new faucet. Of course, I immediately thought of the Pearls. Instant depression. Damn them. :|

PS - I also get sad when I see 'Jana' spring water at the supermarket. :?

I was at Home Depot with the errant spouse and we walked through the plumbing supply aisle. I picked up one of those flexible pipes and told him this was what the Pearls advocated chastising children with. He looked at me like I was sprouting horns. He said, why don't they use it on themselves before they tell others to do it. Are they fucking assholes or what?

I loves my errant spouse.

Yep, same thing happened to me when we were fixing the plumbing in our camper this spring. We were searching for the right size at Lowe's and I got instantly depressed thinking of parents shopping that department for other reasons.

He looked at me like I was sprouting horns. He said, why don't they use it on themselves before they tell others to do it. Are they fucking assholes or what?

I love your husband!

Thanks for sharing, everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone!

When I was last at Lowe 's, there was no plain plumbing line -- every piece had brass fittings firmly attached to its ends.

I felt physically sick for the children of nimrods who fail to remove the metal.

Do I recall that the Surly Pearlies suggest that parents wear a length of the stuff around the Neck, the better tonha e it at-hand ?

Now *there's* a fashion statement for you. I'm so slow: I haven't figured out whether the line drapes around one's neck or is a pendant on a chain.

Archived