IGNORED

Kirk Cameron Sweeps Razzies!

Idolatry

Thanks, Cleopatra.

If I recall, one of his on screen girlfriends was, Julie McCullough, was a Playboy centerfold in 1986. I believe he became Born Again, before he worked with her. Hehe.

Julie McCullough is actress that Kirk pressured the producers of Growing Pains to fire.

Julie McCullough is actress that Kirk pressured the producers of Growing Pains to fire.

Did they fire her? I liked her a lot. She has the greatest smile and seemed so genuine.

It was only a rumor at the time jerk Cameron pressured them to fire her, iirc.

It was confirmed on the E! True Hollywood story on Growing Pains.

What makes that even funnier is that the religious fanatics and ammosexuals are butthurt about American Sniper not getting more Oscars, especially for Best Actor and Best Picture. They've been saying that it's the "liberal Hollywood agenda" and the "gay agenda" as one of the nominated movies, The Imitation Game is about a gay person. In general, people who are complaining don't see most films because they're not the latest blockbuster or war movie. I agree that the stupidest thing Kyle did was to take someone with PTSD to a shooting range, as there are many veterans who can't even handle fireworks, let alone be able to shoot a gun again.

IMO, American Sniper was the weakest of the nominees. It had some good performances (er, one good performance) and was well put together (and TRIED to be balanced, though it was really obviously coming from a right-leaning perspective), but this year that just wasn't going to cut it. You had to be great and a little unusual. This was pretty much a run-of-the-mill biopic, nothing special. Just in terms of filmmaking quality, it didn't have a prayer.

Still, I was terrified it was going to pull a Crash right up to the opening of the envelope just because of the patriotism thing.

Off topic, but speaking of Kirk Cameron, I'd love to know whether the remake of Left Behind (the one with Nicolas Cage playing apocalyptic hero) has been discussed anywhere on FJ and compared with Cameron's trilogy. I have ordered the new film (it was not released in cinemas in my country, and thank God for that) because it promises to be a snarkfest and am really curious to see how it compares to the novels and the previous films. It's just that I can't wrap my head around the fact that a mainstream actor like Cage decided to be part of what is an essentially and unapologetically fundie saga. I went like WTF when I first heard of it.

Off topic, but speaking of Kirk Cameron, I'd love to know whether the remake of Left Behind (the one with Nicolas Cage playing apocalyptic hero) has been discussed anywhere on FJ and compared with Cameron's trilogy. I have ordered the new film (it was not released in cinemas in my country, and thank God for that) because it promises to be a snarkfest and am really curious to see how it compares to the novels and the previous films. It's just that I can't wrap my head around the fact that a mainstream actor like Cage decided to be part of what is an essentially and unapologetically fundie saga. I went like WTF when I first heard of it.

Maybe he needed cash?

Maybe he needed cash?

Yeah, that was my first thought too, but God almighty, he must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel if he couldn't find ANY other script. C'mon, Nick, were you trying to play the "I'm gonna be the awesomest hero EVER 'cause I'm gonna be God's hero" card?

Ohhhh. I was just sort of kidding. Desperate times, desperate measures.

It sucks to think that Nicolas Cage went from Moonstruck, Raising Arizona, Honeymoon In Vegas, and Leaving Las Vegas to National Treasure and Left Behind.

Did the film make any money for Kirk? If so, he certainly has found his niche. Make crappy films, his base will buy tickets and he makes a living. Being a martyr because the mainstream makes fun of him just helps him. It really is quite the scam, not unlike those crazy religious guys (and an occasional woman) who sell miracle water so that Jesus can impart great wealth upon the person who uses it. Other than making bad films, how DOES he make money?

It made 2.8 million according to Box Office Mojo during the two weeks it was in theaters and only played on 400 screens. My guess is that the distrubutors and production company couldn't get the film screened on more screens.

Kirk also made another Christian movie called Mercy Rule, but that was more VOD and direct to DVD thing.

I bet Kirk will sign on for another Sherwood Pictures movie with the Kendricks brothers. The Kendricks bros and Sherwood know how to market Christian films a little bit better than other Christian film makers and production companies.

Archived