IGNORED

Kirk Cameron Sweeps Razzies!

Idolatry

He'll probably just see it as a sign that evil liberal Hollywood is trying to put down a virtuous Christian film. Cameron is unwilling to consider that maybe he made a bad film and maybe he just isn't a great filmmaker. He takes himself far too seriously, especially given that his primary claim to fame is a 30 year old sitcom. Maybe he was decent as a teen actor but Cameron hasn't shown himself to be interested in growing as an artist. He expects the righteousness of his message to compensate for a lack of artistic merit. The only people that Cameron can still count on as fans are philistines like the Duggars who will watch anything produced for the fundie ghetto.

Did the film make any money for Kirk? If so, he certainly has found his niche. Make crappy films, his base will buy tickets and he makes a living. Being a martyr because the mainstream makes fun of him just helps him. It really is quite the scam, not unlike those crazy religious guys (and an occasional woman) who sell miracle water so that Jesus can impart great wealth upon the person who uses it. Other than making bad films, how DOES he make money?

my fiance saw this before i did and he couldn't wait to tell me. he knows me too well. :D

No, he had no need to steal it,, we gave it freely.

he EARNED those razzies, damnit!

by, you know, being an insufferable cock.

Well now he can introduce his film as "The multiple award-winning film, Saving Christmas." :D

I'm sure if Doug were still around he would've won a Golden Pedo, too.

In other news this simply lets him know he is doing something right. Making money while getting his message out and standing apart from the world so much that the "world" hates him? Sounds like a win/win in Kirk Cameron's book.

In even better news American Sniper only won one Oscar the other night, and that was for Sound Editing or something. Chris Kyle was a lying asshole idiot who is to blame for his own demise. Who in the hell takes someone suffering from PTSD to a shooting range?

In even better news American Sniper only won one Oscar the other night, and that was for Sound Editing or something. Chris Kyle was a lying asshole idiot who is to blame for his own demise. Who in the hell takes someone suffering from PTSD to a shooting range?

What makes that even funnier is that the religious fanatics and ammosexuals are butthurt about American Sniper not getting more Oscars, especially for Best Actor and Best Picture. They've been saying that it's the "liberal Hollywood agenda" and the "gay agenda" as one of the nominated movies, The Imitation Game is about a gay person. In general, people who are complaining don't see most films because they're not the latest blockbuster or war movie. I agree that the stupidest thing Kyle did was to take someone with PTSD to a shooting range, as there are many veterans who can't even handle fireworks, let alone be able to shoot a gun again.

Eddie Ray Routh (the man that killed Kyle and another man at the shooting range) he's on trial for his life in TX. He had a history of mental illness. He needs proper mental health treatment, not to be executed.

Did the film make any money for Kirk? If so, he certainly has found his niche. Make crappy films, his base will buy tickets and he makes a living. Being a martyr because the mainstream makes fun of him just helps him. It really is quite the scam, not unlike those crazy religious guys (and an occasional woman) who sell miracle water so that Jesus can impart great wealth upon the person who uses it. Other than making bad films, how DOES he make money?

I think Cameron may have burned his bridges with "Saving Christmas." The crass message alienated the "Keep the Christ in Christmas" type of fundamentalists and the poor artistic quality was embarrassing to mainstream conservative Christians who at least expected to be entertained on some level when they went to the movies. I can see people like the Duggars liking it, since they have no concept of art. I've often wonder if any of Cameron's movies make money, since they all seem to be of a low quality and cater to cultural warriors who just want their views validated. Clearly, someone must be watching if he keeps making them, although he could have a rich patron we don't know about.

Eddie Ray Routh (the man that killed Kyle and another man at the shooting range) he's on trial for his life in TX. He had a history of mental illness. He needs proper mental health treatment, not to be executed.

Routh has been found guilty and sentenced to life in prison without parole

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/fe ... out-parole

I am trying to figure out why Mr Cameron has always annoyed me. I did not like him when he was a real human during his sitcom (what was the name of it?) and I don't like him now. He has always seemed so smug.

I am trying to figure out why Mr Cameron has always annoyed me. I did not like him when he was a real human during his sitcom (what was the name of it?) and I don't like him now. He has always seemed so smug.

His character, Mike Seaver, was supposed to be a lovable rogue, and by nature those sorts of characters tend to be smug. This would be fine if this was just his TV persona, but when he found religion, the smugness of Kirk Cameron the real person started to bleed into Mike Seaver to the point where it became unwatchable for viewers and unbearable for his co-workers. Cameron's idea of Mike Seaver becoming more mature was also at odds with what the writers and producers wanted, which was another source of conflict. I'm surprised that Cameron didn't demand that Mike became a born-again Christian as well. Maybe he did, but TPTB put their foot down.

Thanks, Cleopatra.

If I recall, one of his on screen girlfriends was, Julie McCullough, was a Playboy centerfold in 1986. I believe he became Born Again, before he worked with her. Hehe.

Archived