IGNORED

Grab your pitchforks the antiChrist has been found!

formergothardite

This sounds completely real to me. (In that I think these people really believe it, not that I actually think they've figured out the antichrist's identity, of course. :) ) It sounds so much like stuff I used to hear about the end times. When I was still steeped in that culture this would have seemed very real and scary to me. The way his life is described it sounds a lot like who I thought the antichrist might be.

The end times fear-mongering is one of the things that frustrate me most about fundies/Evangelicals. I remember how completely terrified of it I was. I had frequent nightmares about being left behind (I still get them sometimes), but I felt really guilty about it because you're taught that if you're afraid of the end times it's your own fault. A real Christian who is confident of their salvation would look forward to the rapture.

I also don't think it's good to live life thinking that the world is about to end. It means that things like taking care of the environment aren't important, and in my own family I've seen people refuse to make plans for the future because they think the world will end soon.

Growing up I never felt confident that I would actually become an adult because I was told over and over again that Jesus was coming back in the next few years. All talk about the future was qualified by "If Jesus hasn't come back by then." Many of my relatives honestly believe they are never going to die because the rapture will happen first.

It wasn't until I was 21 and finally admitted my nonbelief to myself that I really grasped that the world wasn't about to end, that it would still be here 50, 500, 5000 years from now. I hadn't even realized that belief was still there, but was a huge shift in my world view and surprisingly hard to adjust to, especially since I felt stupid for being an adult who believed that in the first place.

I didn't mean to rant so long, but this frustrates me so much. I think it is very irresponsible to teach children this stuff to children, but if someone believes it's true then I guess that isn't going to matter to them because children need to learn about it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duh! Everyone knows where Athens is. Just east of Atlanta, right?

Nope, it's in Wisconsin, doncha know?

No way, the anti-Christ was Reagan. Ronald (six letters) Wilson (six letters) Reagan (six letters). That's 666, folks, anti-Christ!

Or was it FDR? He gave us social security numbers after all... :hand:

First, as a Greek American I want to say it pleases me to no end that a fellow member of the tribe has been named as the anti-Christ. :dance: Shit, it's a lot better than just being viewed as the lazy bastards and potential destroyers of the European Union. Having spawned the anti-Christ is a mark of distinction that at least implies some power. ;)

In sheer gratitude to your relative for the unintended pick-me-up FG, I'll even through in some bonus evidence: Tsipras and his partner have never had their child baptized, which is nearly universal for even nominal Greek Orthodox Christians. Also, Tsipras refused to take the oath of the Prime Minister on the Bible, had all the religious references in the oath removed and merely gave his word of honor, which is a way of giving an oath in Greek society that predates Christianity. Yep, it's pagan. I cannot wait till morning so I can start phoning and emailing fellow Greeks to let them know we have spawned the anti-Christ. I bet Angela Merkel will cancel Greece's debt now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

These things always make me want to get a black cat and name it "The AntiChrist." Fundies will be offended, non-fundies will roll their eyes that I'm trying to hard to be offensive and the cat won't care.

I wouldn't be rolling my eyes until I could stop laughing long enough to get up off the floor. I once stumbled across a website that seemed to be earnestly warning the world that Prince William is the anti-Christ. So I think this Greek politician will have to get in line. :lol:

This sounds completely real to me. (In that I think these people really believe it, not that I actually think they've figured out the antichrist's identity, of course. :) ) It sounds so much like stuff I used to hear about the end times. When I was still steeped in that culture this would have seemed very real and scary to me. The way his life is described it sounds a lot like who I thought the antichrist might be.

The end times fear-mongering is one of the things that frustrate me most about fundies/Evangelicals. I remember how completely terrified of it I was. I had frequent nightmares about being left behind (I still get them sometimes), but I felt really guilty about it because you're taught that if you're afraid of the end times it's your own fault. A real Christian who is confident of their salvation would look forward to the rapture.

I also don't think it's good to live life thinking that the world is about to end. It means that things like taking care of the environment aren't important, and in my own family I've seen people refuse to make plans for the future because they think the world will end soon.

Growing up I never felt confident that I would actually become an adult because I was told over and over again that Jesus was coming back in the next few years. All talk about the future was qualified by "If Jesus hasn't come back by then." Many of my relatives honestly believe they are never going to die because the rapture will happen first.

It wasn't until I was 21 and finally admitted my nonbelief to myself that I really grasped that the world wasn't about to end, that it would still be here 50, 500, 5000 years from now. I hadn't even realized that belief was still there, but was a huge shift in my world view and surprisingly hard to adjust to, especially since I felt stupid for being an adult who believed that in the first place.

I didn't mean to rant so long, but this frustrates me so much. I think it is very irresponsible to teach children this stuff to children, but if someone believes it's true then I guess that isn't going to matter to them because children need to learn about it.

I have a friend who was an accountant at a city where the council members actually took the rapture into planning. It held up things that needed to get done. Ah, that good time ol' Bible Belt religion :lol:

I have a good friend from Greece and I shared this alarming info with him. His response was "I didn't know the Fox News crowd even knew about Greece!"

I feel so ignored. I'm one of the antiChrists, but nobody wants to tar and feather me. Sad times. Must atheist harder.

There's your mistake. As I understand it, the antiChrist will make us think he is a Christian but he is not. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm sure that's why some have jumped on Obama as the antichrist, his being a secret Muslim and all.

I have a friend who was an accountant at a city where the council members actually took the rapture into planning. It held up things that needed to get done. Ah, that good time ol' Bible Belt religion :lol:

Rachel333. Been there. I hated that and was scared I didn't make the grade either.

Coco. Really really? How did they plan for it? I am amused and angered by turn with the bumper sticker that says: In Case If Rapture This Car Will Be Unmanned.

No feathers, but my cat is shedding so I have an abundance of cat fur. Will anyone trade for tar?

I have lots of tar, but is kitty's fur black?

The comments are interesting. One guy thinks it's obvious that if you read the Bible the anti-Christ can't be European, he'll be Middle Eastern. Erdogan, the Turkish PM, is trying to broker a peace deal with Israel, which clearly means that Erdogan is the antichrist.

But then another guy chimes in that the antichrist can't be an atheist or a Muslim, he's a false Christian. He's the antichrist, not the anti-Mohammed or anti-Buddha!

Oh, by the way, did you know there's an LGBT mafia? There's a whole section of the site about it: nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?cat=4941

I keep finding more. This is a comment regarding Obama:

There are many things he has accomplished that can only be orchestrated supernaturally. He is not that smart but he doesn't have to be when the devil is behind him. One example of this is the mainstream media in lock-step with him. Another is perpetration of myths of all kinds.

I'm very curious to know what these things are.

Oh wait! Actually, none of these guys are the antichrist. We're in the tribulation right now and have been since 1961.

If the rapture has already happened, there's a page for you: nowtheendbegins.com/pages/rapture/you-missed-the-rapture-now-what.htm Basically, you're going to die.

The comments are interesting. One guy thinks it's obvious that if you read the Bible the anti-Christ can't be European, he'll be Middle Eastern. Erdogan, the Turkish PM, is trying to broker a peace deal with Israel, which clearly means that Erdogan is the antichrist.

But then another guy chimes in that the antichrist can't be an atheist or a Muslim, he's a false Christian. He's the antichrist, not the anti-Mohammed or anti-Buddha!

Oh, by the way, did you know there's an LGBT mafia? There's a whole section of the site about it: nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?cat=4941

I keep finding more. This is a comment regarding Obama:

I'm very curious to know what these things are.

Oh wait! Actually, none of these guys are the antichrist. We're in the tribulation right now and have been since 1961.

If the rapture has already happened, there's a page for you: nowtheendbegins.com/pages/rapture/you-missed-the-rapture-now-what.htm Basically, you're going to die.

But think of the party we will have in hell!! :twisted:

The comments are interesting. One guy thinks it's obvious that if you read the Bible the anti-Christ can't be European, he'll be Middle Eastern. Erdogan, the Turkish PM, is trying to broker a peace deal with Israel, which clearly means that Erdogan is the

Turks are not from the Middle East. They originated in Western Asia and migrated. Tsipras the Greek is still in the running. He has endured church services in spite of his known atheism because it comes with the territory of operating politically in Greece. So there, false Christian. ;)

I will be beside myself if a Greek loses the anti-Christ title to a Turk. :P

These things always make me want to get a black cat and name it "The AntiChrist." Fundies will be offended, non-fundies will roll their eyes that I'm trying to hard to be offensive and the cat won't care.

Can I catsit when you're on holiday? I'll be happy to do it for free if he's cute, which black cats are!

Can I catsit when you're on holiday? I'll be happy to do it for free if he's cute, which black cats are!

If I ever take a vacation. The last time I took time off of work, it was for a funeral.

Baron Enzo von Fluffypants is mostly sheding silver grey this week.

I think we can make Baron Enzo Von Fluffypants work. The Baron's fur looks good.

If Moodiegirl86 is unable to cat sit, my darlings would love to have a sleepover. My darlings are named Star Trek, Wrath of Kahn and Trouble with Tribble.

BTW, your darling is beautiful. Dog, I love cats.

Rachel333. Been there. I hated that and was scared I didn't make the grade either.

Coco. Really really? How did they plan for it? I am amused and angered by turn with the bumper sticker that says: In Case If Rapture This Car Will Be Unmanned.

oh they took it into NOT planning :lol: My friend was angry about it because he wanted to get long term plans for infrastructure and development out there like 20, 30 years ahead, of course. And the council would wave him off because surely the rapture would happen by then. The city manager was another non-rapture-believer and when he finally quit in frustration my friend gave him a wall clock like this as a gag gift: (except it said "Jesus is Coming")

post-10046-14451999926397_thumb.jpg

But think of the party we will have in hell!! :twisted:

My grandfather used to say he'd rather go to hell cause all the fun people are there

I saw this and considered making it my avatar, but I'm a little attached to batshit looking Kelly. So I'm going to post it on this thread:

post-8463-14451999928729_thumb.jpg

Nope, it's in Wisconsin, doncha know?

Actually, the REAL Athens is in Texas, southeast of Dallas, and east of West, Texas, which is not in west Texas, but, oh, never mind. Don't we need torches? Who's bringing torches?

Archived