IGNORED

Christian interrupts Muslim speaker

Rachel333

There's one wonderful man on her facebook page who keeps responding to her with logic. He just quoted some bible verse about women shutting the fuck up and I can't lie, I giggled. He posits that if she's really a good Christian who follows ALL the teachings of Christ (like she claims), she'll stop and let her husband speak. While I totally disagree with this idea in theory (and I have a hunch he does too), for the love of god, this lady is nuts and needs to stop talking.

The video made me profoundly sad. I wonder if any mainline Christian churches ever speak out about their fellow-Christians when they pull stunts like these.

The video made me profoundly sad. I wonder if any mainline Christian churches ever speak out about their fellow-Christians when they pull stunts like these.

Someone who pulls a stunt like that is probably, almost assuredly, not part of a mainline church. I doubt many people consider her a fellow Christian. I am a Christian and go to church but I don't consider her a "fellow" therefore nothing really to say. Obviously she's loco, what is there to say really?

I live in Texas, read the news daily but the only place I'd seen this was here on FJ. Quite likely few people even know this happened.

I saw the clip. I wish I hadn't. It was so disrespectful not only to the Muslim community but to the woman whose mic she stole. She didn't let the woman finish her speech. What kind of person does that?

Archived