IGNORED

The Writer and his Muse - aka Ben and Jessa Seewald Part 1

nst

The only way they will go to college is if they are both in the same classes (at least for the first few years). They may branch out after the TLC money is gone but for now they have to toe the line. It's their meal ticket.

If Jessa is lucky then she will have a cycle that will not fall in line with their old testiment standards, where sex is only allowed during the most fertile time for most women.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few of my friends participate in November Novel writing month. Most write through out the year because they enjoy it. Nothing published yet but most are in editing stages for one story or another. I can't wait to read their stories. Granted, most have been writing for years as a hobby. Many of their stories were written for fun and will never be published. They have taken the time to practice and go to workshops. They like honest criticism because it helps them grow.

I start - and subsequently fail - NaNoWriMo every freaking year. I love writing, and I would love to be a writer, but for now I'm just someone who likes to write.

I also have a friend who an actual published author. When I first met her she told me she was a writer and I said that was cool (bc it is cool) and she said "I've actually been published. I'm a real writer." It's because of people like Bin that actual published writers have to say that about themselves. He's not a writer. He's a teenager who likes to rant on Facebook for attention.

No, he's still in college. Check his Facebook - the comments by others section. Sometimes he replies. Someone asked him what he was reading in college, and he replied: "I was reading mainly philosophy, national government, state and local government this semester." That was on December 22nd, so the semester was over. So as of last December, at least, he was still in college.

He must be taking online classes. Ben and Jessa went on a honeymoon and he would have missed quite a bit of class time. They went to some lodge or cabin and to Paris, right? It's hard to miss so many classes in college.

The use of the word "reading" is interesting. Americans say studying philosophy, or taking classes in philosophy and government, not reading. His phrasing sounds more British. Could he have meant he was simply reading about those subjects during the semester but not actually enrolled? How far is the Duggar compound from a community college campus?

The only way they will go to college is if they are both in the same classes (at least for the first few years). They may branch out after the TLC money is gone but for now they have to toe the line. It's their meal ticket.

If Jessa is lucky then she will have a cycle that will not fall in line with their old testiment standards, where sex is only allowed during the most fertile time for most women.

Yep, ITA.

Right now they are both on vacay from their jobs with TLC.

Maybe college will be in their futures, I hope so.

Jessa is closer to be a writer than Ben and she is still very far away from being one.

(let's not forget that she "wrote" a book with her sisters)

No, he's still in college. Check his Facebook - the comments by others section. Sometimes he replies. Someone asked him what he was reading in college, and he replied: "I was reading mainly philosophy, national government, state and local government this semester." That was on December 22nd, so the semester was over. So as of last December, at least, he was still in college.

Since he moved, unless he does a very long commute, he's not at the same school, and I'm pretty sure someone at a college closer would have said something somewhere about being him. If he's in college, it's probably College Minus, which doesn't count.

Since he moved, unless he does a very long commute, he's not at the same school, and I'm pretty sure someone at a college closer would have said something somewhere about being him. If he's in college, it's probably College Minus, which doesn't count.

It very well could be, but there are lots of online programs now, accredited and everything. Lots of brick-and-mortar colleges also offer a pretty substantial online course selection.

Hey Ben - if you or Jessa read here- I have a fab idea that will get the two of you LOTS of the TLC screen time. Enroll in U of Arkansas! Go major in English and religious studies. Take Jessa along and she can major in communications or business or also religion. TLC would eat that up. You'd be the most popular thread on 19K&C as you navigate such pitfalls as how to juggle full-time school with family obligations; bouncing back from a bruising debate with that pesky liberal professor; Jessa having jealousy issues and insecurity due to what the other girls are wearing; coming to terms with the pros and cons of your sheltered upbringings and confronting your parents with your opinions. Your writing and your theology will get polished and you'll have a much stronger base to start your career.

Just a thought :-). Plus, you know, maybe some of the younger sibs will see you two as role models....

Religious studies and theology are not the same thing. Religious studies is the study of religion,all religions, what the beliefs are, how religious beliefs affect a culture, etc. Theology is the study of the Bible, God, doctrines, etc. from the assumption that the Bible is true.

I start - and subsequently fail - NaNoWriMo every freaking year. I love writing, and I would love to be a writer, but for now I'm just someone who likes to write.

I also have a friend who an actual published author. When I first met her she told me she was a writer and I said that was cool (bc it is cool) and she said "I've actually been published. I'm a real writer." It's because of people like Bin that actual published writers have to say that about themselves. He's not a writer. He's a teenager who likes to rant on Facebook for attention.

FJ has a published author- Rainytown- and I have enjoyed her novels!

Religious studies and theology are not the same thing. Religious studies is the study of religion,all religions, what the beliefs are, how religious beliefs affect a culture, etc. Theology is the study of the Bible, God, doctrines, etc. from the assumption that the Bible is true.

I know. My dad is a retired pastor. I just figured U Arkansas wouldn't be granting theology degrees, although I could be wrong, and I'd rather see these guys at a public, secular school than at unaccredited podunk bible college. Did any of these Gothard / IBLP types attend seminary anyway? Like an SBC seminary, and then they went more conservative? Or are they all just untrained blowhards?

It very well could be, but there are lots of online programs now, accredited and everything. Lots of brick-and-mortar colleges also offer a pretty substantial online course selection.

He's under Dim Bulb's thumb, and Dim only allows C- for his kids, so I don't think he's let Ben do anything else, and Ben's too spineless to demand his adult rights.

A theologian whose theology is based 100% on theological studies can't be said to have sound theology. You need to be able to debate and counter dissenters and other opponents, which means you need to be well-versed in the theologies of other religions.

Jessa looks full of spark now that she is married. Before this, she just looked vacant. Every smile looked forced.

I so agree - in every other picture of long before the marriage and when she was younger it always looked forced. - I have never seen someone look so happy - it's sweet and natural and not bug eyed like some :D

Can you imagine going from the shit show that is the TTH, to your own house with just your husband? It must feel like paradise.

Can you imagine going from the shit show that is the TTH, to your own house with just your husband? It must feel like paradise.

that peace and quiet and just loving the love - must be nice

that peace and quiet and just loving the love - must be nice

The thing is, I think we've seen a few who really struggled/disliked the transition. Erin (Bates) Paine is/was always having siblings over, and there was a Chad blog post that seemed to hint that she was having a tough time adjusting right after the wedding when he went back to work (she seems to have adjusted now with piano lessons and such). Jill also has constantly had her siblings over.

I don't think these are bad things, but I think for personalities that naturally want to be around people, the adjustment from the constant companionship of a big family to bring home alone all day can be rough.

However, for personalities that need alone time, big families can be stressful and having your own time is probably a relief. I think Jessa is the latter, and so I'm happy she's probably enjoying this change.

She certainly looks stuffed into that coat, but recent cold temperatures could mean she's wearing a heavy sweater, too. I'm not getting a pregnancy vibe from her. GOSH, her hair is long!

Yeah, I consider myself to be fairly thin and I look very similar in a winter coat – particularly if I have a fleece or heavy sweater underneath.

I think she looks beautiful and happy and her skin has cleared up, maybe she is eating healthier now. They look very much in love.

whole slew of new photos from the wedding

https://www.facebook.com/Jessaandben/ph ... =1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/Jessaandben/ph ... =1&theater

they look happy

Jessa's expression towards her father - typical :nenner:

glowy in the mirror

Ben hugging Michelle :angry-banghead:

Sand pooring

praying with the parents

Ben looking like he is crying and the bridesmaids crying :)

UGH. Ben's shirt is pulling at the buttons. Looks too small and uncomfortable.

I think she looks beautiful and happy and her skin has cleared up, maybe she is eating healthier now. They look very much in love.

Being Pregnant can do that to you, particularly when you've had issues before (it can do the opposite also of course) :twisted:

Archived