IGNORED

Revelation: The End of Days - fundies watching?

PityFree

I caught part one of the History Channel show *Revelation: The End of Days* last night and I wondered if you think any of the fundie families followed on this board watched it. Obviously, the ones who don't allow television wouldn't watch, but maybe the fundie lite families would. Would they like it? Or hate it?

i hadn't heard of it, what was it about? was it following just revelation, or following different religion's view of the end of the world?

oooo, i might have to check it out. i like the history channel :D thanks for the link!

Why the fuck is the "History" channel showing something about Revelation? That's not history! Give me a show about WWII, the Middle Ages or ancient Greece. That's history!

Why the fuck is the "History" channel showing something about Revelation? That's not history! Give me a show about WWII, the Middle Ages or ancient Greece. That's history!

:clap: I miss that History Channel, I used to watch it regularly. I enjoyed "Modern Marvels". I also miss the old A & E. :cry:

:clap: I miss that History Channel, I used to watch it regularly. I enjoyed "Modern Marvels". I also miss the old A & E. :cry:

I've watched the old BBC production of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth several times recently. It was originally shown on A&E, but now it's on Ovation.

I remember a show on the History Channel about aliens who live on the moon. You see, the moon is actually hollow and aliens live in the center of the moon. They chose to live on the moon so they can be closer to Earth and are waiting for just the right moment to contact us.

Seems like the History Channel, with few exceptions, has as much to do with history as MTV does with music.

Well, the ideas contained in Revelation came from somewhere in history. Therefore it is historical. I watched parts of the show, and it was along the lines of "where did X concept in revelation come from?" "What historical event did X event in revelation get hard off of?" Or "why did john write what he did?"

It wasn't just history based in the bible, it was more like, where did this part of he bible come from?

That is history, or at least, speculative history.

Archived