IGNORED

Rape Is Just A ‘Learning Experience’

doggie

How did a mind-numbingly stupid woman like Susan Patton get into Princeton?

Having good grades doesn't mean she's capable of critical thinking or have empathy towards people.

Having good grades doesn't mean she's capable of critical thinking or have empathy towards people.

The only classes that teach critical thinking are discrete mathematics and philosophy (from two majors that seem to score the best on grad entrance exams, BTW). I seriously doubt she was going to Princeton to be an engineer, lawyer, or philosopher!

And let us not forget that ivy leagues attract dumb rich kids as much as they attract smart upper-middle class kids.

I supect that Patton is one of those people that desperately deny how evil many people in this world actually are and who therefore claim that it was the victims fault. When they blame the victim their positive image of the world is restored again and they can assure themselves once again that rape could never happen to them.

This is a very immature mindset and shouldn't be given that kind of attention on national television, in my oppinion.

That is not only immature, she is living in denial. She cannot imagine half the horrors people are capable of. What makes she think that if she's doing everything perfectly and within the boundaries of "rape prevention" that only puts the blame for rape on women, that she will never be assaulted, attacked, physically hurt by anyone? Does she have any idea how many women fall victim to an assaulter that they know and they trust?

I skedaddled over to Amazon to check out Susan Patton's book reviews. Here are some gems from the most helpful review of Marry Smart: Advice for Finding THE ONE

I hate it. Mother of God do I hate it.

The first thing that hit me, upon reading the first few pages of this book, was that I had paid for it. I had paid for this massive brain fart of a book. You will never hate anything as hard as I hate this book. And it's not even in the top 10 things I hate. Not by a long shot. Likewise, you will never hate anything quite as much as Susan Patton hates logic. That is the only conclusion I can draw from her complete disregard for it. She contradicts herself many times in this book, some times in the same chapter...

...There is one more thing I must say: If you look carefully, you can see the exact moment the editor stopped caring. I don't remember where it is, but I remember reading somewhat far into the book, saw a pretty decent typo (Not to be confused with the many typos already in the text), and realized that even the one responsible for this abomination couldn't be bothered to read the book thoroughly. Do with this information as you will.

I also came across this piece from the New York Magazine online if you want to know more about her: http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/03/home-wi ... n-mom.html

Archived