IGNORED

Would this wedding gown be fundie-approved?

clarinetpower

I have a feeling I know what this is without even clicking on it...

If I'm right, then no, not fundie-approved. Shoulders and arms would be showing, so some kind of shrug or cardigan would need to be worn over it, and it's not pure white, so guests might have questions about the purity of the bride.

Oh, you have to click it.

Let's just say there's some added color. Ahem.

Of course it wouldn't be approved. It has a sweetheart neckline and straps instead of sleeves! Duh! :mrgreen:

Nah. Too low cut.

Though in a weird way it could be fundie-approved, given the obsession with purity and being "intact". The ceremony could be concluded with a ritual breaking of the hymen (made with plastic wrap or some such).

I just saw this thread and wondered if it was the dress on the site I was thinking of...and it was! Bwahahaha! :lol:

You could always add a cardigan and an extra swag of fabric over the chesticles like the new Mrs. Botkin!

And the pattern on the skirt is soooooo pretty...

Certainly a shrug or cardigan could be put over the upper end.

Maybe an artfully draped, opaque fabric across the nether parts - in the shape of a G-string?

well it does look like a virgin dress so it should be ok.

Next thing you know some hollywood star will be wearing it. it might have fit in with the royal wedding with all those crazy hats.

Bahahah! You know, they would probably just considering it honouring to the womb and their goal of birthing warriors for God. Thrown a cardigan over it and it's good to go.

LOL! This dress is fantastic! Looks more like something Bjork would pull off for an awards show.

I do think it would suit a fundie wedding though. I mean, by the time the 17/18 yrs old kids get married, throwing their virginities to the wind is probably the first thing on their minds. Might as well make their intent obvious (but definitely add some cap sleeves. Bare shoulders will surely defraud!) Naturally the groom should wear something equally subtle. They can even put on a little play at the reception, when surely, one of their parents will say something about wives cleaving to their husbands.

Oh, you have to click it.

Let's just say there's some added color. Ahem.

That's what I meant by not pure white... it was in my Google Reader earlier tonight. Lurve Regretsy.

I don't think fundies would like it because it acknowledges the little woman in the canoe, which suggests to viewers that it might be used for pleasure rather than just birthing babies.

You fools! The bride would have no idea what her parts looked like, so she'd be oohing and ahing about the beadery.

OMG, how did they hold Michelle down long enough to take a mold of her clown car?

That dress is just gross but funny!

It would give them something visible and symbolic when the bride's uterus is prayed over. It is in its own way exactly & perfectly fitting.

Hmm, now that I am waiting on my wedding (I know, how heatheny of me to become a mother first!), I am wondering if I can get this dress made with a hive vagina, instead of this singular model. Yes, I think I'd prefer that to my tasteful 1930s bias sheath... I wonder if I contacted a sewin' fundie and asked for that if she'd make it. Who makes those awful Regency dresses, again?

Guest Anonymous

Love some of the comments on Regretsy, especially this one:

"That could at least hold 1/2 the Duggars or all the Gosselins."

I had no idea it would be anything like this - good thing the kids are in bed! I'm thinking Lady Gaga might commission something like this... sort of a follow-up to her meat curtains - I mean, meat skirt... shirt... whatever outfit that she wore. Whatever. Ew.

I had to giggle at whoever mentioned the symbolic breaking of the hymen in a previous post. Although with all due respect, I have to disagree with everyone who says it looks like a replica of Michelle Duggar. The stitching is way too tight for that. Maybe if they made a "distressed" version of it. My mind is wandering way too far now...

Archived