IGNORED

Aunt Genny to Lori: Come down from your ivory tower

I don't have time to review Lori's foolishness today...Christmas cookies to bake and all that. I DO have time to chime in and point out that Aunt Genny has once again taken the Godly Mentor down a peg.

Team Aunt Genny. That is all.

My husband and I had much respect for our children, and confidence in their ability to make good decisions, as they had been taught and been doing before they were adults. They were taught that this world is God's GOOD creation, and no matter where they go in His world, they would encounter good people. They were taught to treat people with respect, and that they were persons of value. You sound like you are looking out on this world from an ivory tower, and don't really know what it is like. I live in a very diverse society, ethnically and economically, and I encounter wonderful, caring people every day. I can't imagine keeping adult offspring home to protect them. Two of my childhood friends lost sons who were bright, athletic, and very promising, and were in "safe" colleges. One, at a christian college, fell while scrimmaging, hit his head hard, and died of a cerebral hemorrhage. The other was out for a Saturday afternoon drive, and ran into an abutment. I still mourn their loss forty years later. We send our children out with a prayer on our lips, for we, and they, are always vulnerable. And.....I do not agree with your treatise on women being meek. Loving, hardworking, respectful, striving to always do what is best for your family....and that applies to the husband, also. Loving is what it's about!!

:clap:

I saw Lori's post about the blog written by two beautiful women who are in their late 20s and still living at home," which she failed to provide a link for. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Botkins.

I saw Lori's post about the blog written by two beautiful women who are in their late 20s and still living at home," which she failed to provide a link for. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Botkins.

I'm certain it is.

#lorifail

I agree, the women she is referring to have to be the Botkins girls. As for Aunt Genny, I'm glad she knocked Lori down a peg again. As for Lori's comeback "You just disagree with God." I hope someone in person tells her "which God?" if she uses that comeback.

There is nothing wrong with fathers wanting to protect their daughters. It becomes a problem when fathers keep their daughters too sheltered.

I agree, the women she is referring to have to be the Botkins girls. As for Aunt Genny, I'm glad she knocked Lori down a peg again. As for Lori's comeback "You just disagree with God." I hope someone in person tells her "which God?" if she uses that comeback.

There is nothing wrong with fathers wanting to protect their daughters. It becomes a problem when fathers keep their daughters too sheltered.

What she doesn't seem to understand is that egalitarian fathers and mothers also want to protect their children (male and female) and so do most parents of every stripe. That doesn't mean turning their adult daughters into uneducated lapdogs.

I am always amused when she writes some nonsense that has nothing to do with her own life or the lives of her children, and makes it seem like how she lived and how we all should live. Her newest daughter in law certainly wasn't a SAHD taking online classes in midwifery, and everyone seemed to think she was doing OK and that her dad cared about her.

Also, as far as ridiculing others--isn't the constant use of straw women to represent feminist thought a version of ridicule?

None of which Lori did. She sent her children to a Christian high school. Her one daughter went to love in Mississippi for a dance academy and her other three children, including her youngest daughter, all went to college. Her younger son even went to school in Texas and now lives in NY with his wife, who is in law school. Do as she says, not as she does or did, y'all!

Lori used her only comeback. "You just disagree with God."

Lori just can't comprehend that she's wrong, ever

Lori is so fickle:

Aug. 2014

There are few fathers in the home

This morning:

Our society is dying due to lack of strong father figures

This afternoon:

I think a lot more fathers are taking an active role in raising their children.

:wtf: She literally just spews out any thought that crosses her mind. Doesn't even realize that she's contradicting herself.

I wish I could have seen Lori's face when she read that comment. :lol: She must be furious because she can't block her Aunt Genny, she has to at least attempt to reply to her.

Do y'all think Aunt Genny reads here? I sure hope so!

Anyway, I have one small issue with Genny's comment. She said Lori was looking down from an ivory tower which implies, in addition to seclusion, some sort of scholarly aloofness. Considering Lori is literally the least intelligent person we snark on regularly, I move that that particular metaphor is not the best one to be used in her case.

Do y'all think Aunt Genny reads here? I sure hope so!

Anyway, I have one small issue with Genny's comment. She said Lori was looking down from an ivory tower which implies, in addition to seclusion, some sort of scholarly aloofness. Considering Lori is literally the least intelligent person we snark on regularly, I move that that particular metaphor is not the best one to be used in her case.

I chose to believe Aunt Genny was being ironic ;-)

I chose to believe Aunt Genny was being ironic ;-)

I look at Aunt Genny's use of "ivory tower" and want to make it "high horse."

Is Genny really her aunt? I'm so surprised Lori's owner lets posts from Genny through, aunt or not. Genny's pretty reasonable!

I bet if they didn't allow her posts through she would call them or show up for a visit and ask about it. Ken and Lori don't seem the type that want to be confronted irl with disagreements about their beliefs. Or she would tell other relatives and they would be getting calls from other people asking why they banned sweet Aunt Genny from their blog. Ken, especially, seems like he talks a big talk on the internet, but I bet he doesn't want to be saying this stuff to people who actually know him in real life.

Lori used her only comeback. "You just disagree with God."

I'm really starting to think that Lori believes she's God's mouthpiece. Maybe even a second Christ.

I hope Aunt Ginny addresses this statement from today's post.

I love to encourage women going through difficult times since I can completely empathize with them.

All I have to say to Lori's "encouragement and empathy" is:

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Archived