IGNORED

Aunt Genny to Lori: Come down from your ivory tower

There is nothing wrong with fathers wanting to protect their daughters. It becomes a problem when fathers keep their daughters too sheltered.

Yeah, when the protecting crosses the line into controlling.

Aunt Genny is a wise woman. Is she Ken's aunt by blood, because I can't believe an intelligent woman like her could have the misfortune to share genes with such an ignorant arsehole.

I'm really starting to think that Lori believes she's God's mouthpiece. Maybe even a second Christ.

She could be that deluded. But, the "you just disagree with God" comeback is pretty common among people who claim to be Biblical literalists and other full-of-themselves types who use religion to back up their obnoxious arguments.

I have been wondering about this bit a lot, and when Lori says things like "Well, you just don't agree with God" Given that the author of Titus is likley not Paul and is just someone who was writing possibly under Paul's name, and that she uses "Paul's" admonition in Titus 2 to base her "Ministry" on, how does she know she is really teaching God's stance on the subject?

Surely Ken learned that the authorship of the Bible is not as cut and dried as is generally taught/believed while he was in seminary (my brother in law did-- he and his buddies determined that they couldn't teach the baptists who would attend their churches after graduation what they had learned, as the flock "Couldn't handle the truth" ie, weren't as smart as they were and / or wouldn't donate enough if they learned the truth about bible origins... )

Anyway, like Ken, said brother in law went into consulting (unlike Ken, he also had a degree in Engineering... ) but I wonder sometimes if like more than a few people, seminary staunched Kens' beliefs for a while, at least enough that he went into something more lucarative until he could figure out ways to make a few bucks off Jesus.

So, does ken or does he not know that Paul didn't likely write Titus? Does he care that some unknown author signed Paul's name to these letters? Does he view them as "God Breathed" because they made it into the canon? And even if he does know, has he ever bothered or been able to explain it to Lori, or does having her sit down and shut up worth it to him to keep her thinking Paul, who was God's mouthpiece, wrote Titus?

I bet if they didn't allow her posts through she would call them or show up for a visit and ask about it. Ken and Lori don't seem the type that want to be confronted irl with disagreements about their beliefs. Or she would tell other relatives and they would be getting calls from other people asking why they banned sweet Aunt Genny from their blog. Ken, especially, seems like he talks a big talk on the internet, but I bet he doesn't want to be saying this stuff to people who actually know him in real life.

I also think that is the reason Lori allows Genny's comments to go through. A year or two ago, there was someone named Ben who commented on Lori's blog a few times because he disagreed with her and Ken. It seemed that Lori knew him in real life, because she said something like, "I hope you are having fun in California". It is possible that Ben could have been relative of hers or Ken. He disagreed with them on a blog post about gay marriage and there was another one about universal health care. I think it was after the health care disagreement that he said he wasn't going to bother commenting on her blog again. I can picture some of the people that Ken and Lori know, laughing at them behind their backs. Now, some of their friends and relatives may agree with Kenori on a lot of things, but they are probably annoyed with them for other reasons and they know that Lori has bullshitted on some things.

I have been wondering about this bit a lot, and when Lori says things like "Well, you just don't agree with God" Given that the author of Titus is likley not Paul and is just someone who was writing possibly under Paul's name, and that she uses "Paul's" admonition in Titus 2 to base her "Ministry" on, how does she know she is really teaching God's stance on the subject?

Surely Ken learned that the authorship of the Bible is not as cut and dried as is generally taught/believed while he was in seminary (my brother in law did-- he and his buddies determined that they couldn't teach the baptists who would attend their churches after graduation what they had learned, as the flock "Couldn't handle the truth" ie, weren't as smart as they were and / or wouldn't donate enough if they learned the truth about bible origins... )

Anyway, like Ken, said brother in law went into consulting (unlike Ken, he also had a degree in Engineering... ) but I wonder sometimes if like more than a few people, seminary staunched Kens' beliefs for a while, at least enough that he went into something more lucarative until he could figure out ways to make a few bucks off Jesus.

So, does ken or does he not know that Paul didn't likely write Titus? Does he care that some unknown author signed Paul's name to these letters? Does he view them as "God Breathed" because they made it into the canon? And even if he does know, has he ever bothered or been able to explain it to Lori, or does having her sit down and shut up worth it to him to keep her thinking Paul, who was God's mouthpiece, wrote Titus?

And wasn't the canon decided by the early Catholic church as well? That's what gets me about people who both condemn Catholicism and say that the bible is absolute truth. SMH.

So Ken lets Aunt Genny have free reign with her comments despite the fact that he believes women should be submissive and not question anything? So much for the balls he says he has. But I guess Ken will use the excuse that it's Lori's blog, and he wouldn't let Genny speak that way to him if it were his blog. Yeah. Uh-huh. Whatever. :snooty:

Archived