IGNORED

So, the Maxwell "church" has moved?!

Justme

I would venture to guess that it's unlikely that the Maxwells are forcing themselves on any of the residents that don't want what they are preaching. The facility is unlikely to allow that. My mom is in a 24 hour nursing care facility. When I filled out the admittance forms they asked if my mother followed a religion and, if so, would she like to attend any services for that religion they held. I put Catholic and the facility makes sure that she is at the Catholic mass held, ironically enough by my church, every Sunday. She has never been forced to sit through any of the other religious services they have nor has anyone bothered her about it and I know they have other Christian, Jewish and Muslim services as well. People in nursing homes can be very vocal about their dislike for the people that come in, i.e. the Maxwell types, so I don't think the Maxwells would still be coming around if they caused a problem. Just because people are in a nursing home doesn't mean that they are passive. My guess is that the Maxwells keep their message somewhat tame at the nursing home and keep away from asking if residents know where they are going when they die.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Maxwells ministering to those who can't go anywhere, I think that's beautiful. I sometimes do that myself; bringing music to them. But yeah, it shouldn't be a factor in isolating themselves from people of all ages.

Very interesting information. I'm wondering if any nursing home/assisted living staff expressed concern for Sarah,(or the other daughters) for being so carefully guarded, as WOMEN.

Do you know anything about the Maxwells? There is nothing "beautiful" about what they are doing.

ETA: Not being sarcastic - genuinely want to know!

Golly gee, you're reading here again Steve, what a surprise. Although the location of the current torture chamber for the aged church has not been revealed, we have been apprised of the annual Maxwell Reality Show aka "Walk through Bethlehem".

And for those of you looking for cool Yule tunes what could be better than a "very special Christmas concert on Dec 11th?"

Is there an echo here ....

blog.titus2.com/2014/11/30/walk-through-bethlehem-and-maxwell-family-concert/

blog.titus2.com/2013/12/03/an-invitation-walk-through-bethlehem-2/

blog.titus2.com/2012/12/03/an-invitation-walk-through-bethlehem/

blog.titus2.com/2011/12/14/walk-thru-bethlehem/

I see Joseph is still part of the Maxwell band, I thought marrying Elissa freed him of singing "Trust een Obey"

Ugh! Now the whole family is in white with a white background. Wow, how completely bland, unoriginal, well just Maxwell of them. And how do Joseph and Elissa get to remain in the 'family' photo???

Elissa's been kind of hunched or scrunched up like that in photos lately - i wonder if she's feeling a little bit trapped?

Note the angle of Terri's and Elissa's heads, methinks there is some m-i-l "mentoring" going on.

Twin Oaks is also still operational - midwesthealth.ppi.net/residence/TwinOaksIndependentLiving/default.aspx

I noticed on one of the Corners they said their church was at the "County Infirmary for the 9 years our family has participated in a church service there on the first and third Saturdays of the month" - /corners/dads-corner/anger/part-1-overcoming.html Could this "County Infirmary" be the 3rd church?

If that's the case, it sounds like a government run place, like a city/state elderly home for people who don't have money to stay in a private run place. The preaching may have been a *tad* too much (I hope!)

From what they say in the two quotes I posted earlier, I would think that the County Infirmary was the first church - the one where they participated first before taking over on Sundays. And which later closed

Next the moved to the Golden Living Center (they were there in 2009, if the archive is correct).

Now they are in Twin Oaks (per their current announcement on the website).

The OP of this post said they noticed the change because of the change in terminology they used on a recent blog (from "nursing home" to "assisted living facility"), the Maxwells haven't made a formal announcement of the change. Which is suspicious. If Steve is the Pastor then to move between venues, leaving residents behind, is effectively a Pastor leaving his flock.

Twin Oaks is also still operational - midwesthealth.ppi.net/residence/TwinOaksIndependentLiving/default.aspx

I noticed on one of the Corners they said their church was at the "County Infirmary for the 9 years our family has participated in a church service there on the first and third Saturdays of the month" - /corners/dads-corner/anger/part-1-overcoming.html Could this "County Infirmary" be the 3rd church?

If that's the case, it sounds like a government run place, like a city/state elderly home for people who don't have money to stay in a private run place. The preaching may have been a *tad* too much (I hope!)

.basehorinfo.com/news/2001/oct/24/commission_negotiates_privitization/

Not sure they are even still open and if so, not likely under that name. I don't know, but in my old home county, 35 years ago, the retirement home that had once been county run was called, by locals, The Poor Farm, even though it likely was Shady Acres or some such by the time I was aware of it. I have no idea if it still exists. I get the feeling this would be similar.

Elissa's been kind of hunched or scrunched up like that in photos lately - i wonder if she's feeling a little bit trapped?

Interesting thought!!

I would venture to guess that it's unlikely that the Maxwells are forcing themselves on any of the residents that don't want what they are preaching. The facility is unlikely to allow that. My mom is in a 24 hour nursing care facility. When I filled out the admittance forms they asked if my mother followed a religion and, if so, would she like to attend any services for that religion they held. I put Catholic and the facility makes sure that she is at the Catholic mass held, ironically enough by my church, every Sunday. She has never been forced to sit through any of the other religious services they have nor has anyone bothered her about it and I know they have other Christian, Jewish and Muslim services as well. People in nursing homes can be very vocal about their dislike for the people that come in, i.e. the Maxwell types, so I don't think the Maxwells would still be coming around if they caused a problem. Just because people are in a nursing home doesn't mean that they are passive. My guess is that the Maxwells keep their message somewhat tame at the nursing home and keep away from asking if residents know where they are going when they die.

Agree. My mom is in assisted living. There are church services every Sunday there by some outside ministry and all sorts of bible studies, plus a bus that takes residents to various services in the area. My mom is completely oblivious to the fact that there are services there at all. People get to choose what they want to do.

I agree the residents aren't forced to go to the Maxwell's services. However, Steve tells a story of how he asked a certain resident every week if he'd like to come to their service. Every week this man declined.

One week the man said he'd come, and Steve said he grabbed the man's wheelchair and hurried him to whatever room they have their services in before he could change his mind!

Not forced, but it sounds like Steve, and maybe the others, are quite persistent week after week.

If I were in a care home I would feel uncomfortable to be asked and have to decline every.single.week. It is bad enough to be approached at a County Fair, but in your own home?!

On the other hand, for those of the residents that form attachments to the Maxwell kiddoes and so on, it must be a wrench if the "Church" suddenly disappears, and you don't have the means or the invitation to move with them.

Selfish and irresponsible. Not the ultimate religion, caring for widows in distress!

I see Joseph is still part of the Maxwell band, I thought marrying Elissa freed him of singing "Trust een Obey"

I thought that too. I almost wanted to ask them why Nathan, Christopher and their families weren't in the photo. I'm not going to bother, though, because I think it either wouldn't be answered, or they'd give something stupid like "couldn't arrange their schedules with ours".

I imagine Steve will have a harder time "releasing" his reversal sons than his non-reversal sons.

Why on earth is he holding the banjo so that the back and not the front is showing? That makes NO sense.

Good question....

And why is poor Jesse not allowed his instrument?

I just went to the Maxwell blog. I didn't realize the picture was real. I thought someone on FJ created it as a joke. It is horrible. Why does every member of the family look like they have been photoshopped into the picture?

Ugh! Now the whole family is in white with a white background. Wow, how completely bland, unoriginal, well just Maxwell of them. And how do Joseph and Elissa get to remain in the 'family' photo???

Joseph and Elissa want to be there don'tchknow. What too. They are never made do anything they don't want and have full autonomy over their lives!

Why on earth is he holding the banjo so that the back and not the front is showing?

It's a very modest banjo.

So I guess Joseph and Elissa 'chose' to travel with the family circus until Elissa has their first baby. This way Steve can parade them around and show people how his courtship plan really 'does work'. At least they will get their own hotel room (hopefully) instead of sharing a bunk on Uriah.

Archived