IGNORED

Evangelicals with gay children challenging church

doggie

I remember seeing both, DaffyDill. All during that segment with his wife and kids in the first one, I was thinking, "He's *totally* still gay."(ISTR the kids being adopted, but I could be wrong.)I hope they don't wind up getting hurt.

We thought the same then. He was sitting on the couch, with his wife looking at him adoringly, and I was thinking "He is still gay, you deluded woman!". Yep, the kids are adopted, although I think the parents vaguely hinted that they had fertility issues.

After the second follow up documentary, I just felt it was only a matter of time before he left - I would imagine it's extremely difficult to keep denying this major part of who you are...

I love this couple. They're doing a lot of good. I follow the Evangelical/Homosexuality situation very closely, reading lots of books, participating in the local LGBT community as a Christian ally, etc. It's really important to me and stories like this are heartbreaking but do a lot of good.

As an evangelical Christian, I feel called upon to reach out to the LGBT community, to help them, even if they aren't Christian. I want them to know that there are people out there who love them, accept for who they are, won't abandon them, or tell them to pray the gay away or even bring up religion at all unless they bring it up first.

Archived