IGNORED

#Defend the Duggars Backfires in a Big Way

LongDogMom

I sorta think TLC will try a Josh and Anna spin-off, and Amy will probably REQUEST one, but neither will be as exploitable as the Duggar girls' teenage years. :roll:

No thanks...Josh and Anna are boring to me. If they had a spinoff of Jessa&Ben alongwith Jill & Derick together...a sort of Duggar Newlyweds show, I'd watch that. But I find Josh super boring and annoying. With Jill and Derick, I'm curious because his background is a little bit different and I want to see how that plays out. Ben and Jessa...just want to see how they interact now that they are married. As for JB and M - totally over them. They can appear once in blue moon on the Newlyweds show and it would be more than enough.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not understanding how the Roloff"s and TLC could celebrate, film and air a wedding ceremony within a limited time frame and the Duggars cannot. Who's the problem in the equation?

Another storyline viewers are going to want to see is the J'slave fallout. How will Jana and Jinger fare with the other girls gone? How will M try to whitewash it all? Fundie teen girls around the nation will be watching that for sure!

I wanna see a Duggar boy courting a girl who's parents don't enforce the same rules that the Duggars guilted their girls into following.

Let's see them HOLD HANDS before engagement. Let's all thrill to the sight of a kiss on the hand!

I wanna see a Duggar boy courting a girl who's parents don't enforce the same rules that the Duggars guilted their girls into following.

Let's see them HOLD HANDS before engagement. Let's all thrill to the sight of a kiss on the hand!

When you've got Mullet ranting and raving about staying pure and enforcing strict courtship rules... sadly this will never happen.

Still not understanding how the Roloff"s and TLC could celebrate, film and air a wedding ceremony within a limited time frame and the Duggars cannot. Who's the problem in the equation?

post-10046-14451999723532_thumb.jpg

[attachment=0]cow.JPG[/attachment]

And the fanatics who count the minutes between episodes still don't get it- the Duggars worship at the altar of the greenback.

Who wants to see Jessa's wedding in April, when Jill's just pushed the 10lb bubba out of her nether region...or Bubba's birth when Jessa and Anna are hugely pregnant and Jill announces her second pregnancy? Keep up with the current story line or quit production and airing.

This last season was gross and ridiculous in that regard- Jill was already posting weekly PG selfies and yet TLC had not aired her wedding...and then they air Jill's wedding the week that Jessa actually gets married- so long, far gone, best describes last season.

yes but what an entertaining week it was

For me (and probably many others), the juice was not worth that squeeze.

Too little, far too late. The same will be true for Jessa's wedding. After how well and seamless the Roloff's pulled it off, the Duggars just came off looking like tools.

And the fanatics who count the minutes between episodes still don't get it- the Duggars worship at the altar of the greenback.

Half their books are devoted to money - earning money, spending money, saving money.

Jim Boob is as obsessed with money as J'chelle is with pregnancy.

The Roloff's wedding was nicer than Jill's imo because it was more emotional

but the lead up to it - not so much - audrey seemed flighty as did Jill - maybe they are distant cousins

plus the Roloff's are not as an entertaining as the Duggars imo - because Amy and Matt are exactly like Kris and Bruce Jenner - who needs to see divorce played out

plus the fact it was not spread out as long as Jill's stuff was - Roloff's didn't have so many storylines as Duggars did this year....again I don't watch 19 kids every year and this year I just stayed and yes because of Jessa's courtship when it came on because it was entertaining to me.

I am not attached to the show...in fact when I watch it I catch myself spacing out from boredom. Don't get me wrong..I have found some episodes or parts of episodes entertaining but I can live without it. I actually prefer reading about them. I have to admit that I hope the show is canceled. The visibility that the show has given to this family only helps them to spread their messages of hate and intolerance...Since they are celebrities people actually look up to them and believe what they are saying. If they were a family with a positive platform I would feel much differently. I also feel bad for the kids who from birth have been robbed of a normal life then you add cameras on top of that...Jessa's wedding, eh. Seen enough pictures to satisfy my minimal curiosities although watching guests slurp down ice cream sundaes for dinner may give me a giggle. JMO, nothing more nothing less.

I am not attached to the show...in fact when I watch it I catch myself spacing out from boredom. Don't get me wrong..I have found some episodes or parts of episodes entertaining but I can live without it. I actually prefer reading about them. I have to admit that I hope the show is canceled. The visibility that the show has given to this family only helps them to spread their messages of hate and intolerance...Since they are celebrities people actually look up to them and believe what they are saying. If they were a family with a positive platform I would feel much differently. I also feel bad for the kids who from birth have been robbed of a normal life then you add cameras on top of that...Jessa's wedding, eh. Seen enough pictures to satisfy my minimal curiosities although watching guests slurp down ice cream sundaes for dinner may give me a giggle. JMO, nothing more nothing less.

Totally agree. I don't think I've watched one episode this season when it first aired and if I started to watch, I usually ended up changing the channel. I seriously hope there will not be an entire season of Jessa- No, just no. No one needs to see that drivel.

Who are the Roloffs?

Was their show called Little People Big World? I cannot remember. They are a couple who are both affected with Dwarfism. They run a farm in Oregon. They had a show for years on TLC. They now only air special episodes. They had a set of boy twins where one is affected with Dwarfism and the other is not. Both boys got engaged and one was married this past Fall. A VSE was filmed and shown on TLC within weeks weeks of the actual wedding. They also have a daughter. I think the parents are actually separated. They would fight all of the time, ala the Gosselins.

I never watched their show but have heard plenty about the family. They were TLCs go to family before the Gosselins.

Was their show called Little People Big World? I cannot remember. They are a couple who are both affected with Dwarfism. They run a farm in Oregon. They had a show for years on TLC. They now only air special episodes. They had a set of boy twins where one is affected with Dwarfism and the other is not. Both boys got engaged and one was married this past Fall. A VSE was filmed and shown on TLC within weeks weeks of the actual wedding. They also have a daughter. I think the parents are actually separated. They would fight all of the time, ala the Gosselins.

I never watched their show but have heard plenty about the family. They were TLCs go to family before the Gosselins.

They have been on 2006 apparently and they also have another son who is the youngest. So four in total and one only is small

Now that show I can't sit through - it is boring as hell

I don't understand how anyone would want to sit and watch 30 minutes of new footage sprinkled into another 90 minutes of commercials, teasers, and tired flashbacks. MONTHS after the actual event happened.

Not to mention - TLC messed up the editing on Jill's wedding so badly that fans got a completely unrealistic perception of the day. I was fooled into thinking that Jill ignored her mom and bridesmaids: she didn't. TLC cut out special family moments. What 19K&C includes is just a shadow of the truth. Why bother. The Duggars' own instagrams, interviews, and fb posts do a better job of telling the truth.

I can't watch the Duggars for more than a few minutes at most. It makes me want to shoot what ever electronic appliance that they are on or drink myself to a case of alcohol poisoning.

Who wants to see Jessa's wedding in April, when Jill's just pushed the 10lb bubba out of her nether region...or Bubba's birth when Jessa and Anna are hugely pregnant and Jill announces her second pregnancy? Keep up with the current story line or quit production and airing.

This last season was gross and ridiculous in that regard- Jill was already posting weekly PG selfies and yet TLC had not aired her wedding...and then they air Jill's wedding the week that Jessa actually gets married- so long, far gone, best describes last season.

I heard that Jessa's wedding will be shown in the final episode of this season. Don't know if that is true or not. I don't think they can repeat another season of preparing for Jessa's weding like they did this season with JIll's wedding.

When you've got Mullet ranting and raving about staying pure and enforcing strict courtship rules... sadly this will never happen.

But the kids set their own courting rules, don't'cha know?!!! Yeah right! :wink-kitty:

I heard that Jessa's wedding will be shown in the final episode of this season. Don't know if that is true or not. I don't think they can repeat another season of preparing for Jessa's weding like they did this season with JIll's wedding.

The season is already over. The last episode (this past Tuesday) was Amy's return to Nashville.

I don't think Jessa's wedding will get much attention since Jill was the first daughter to marry. After the first son and daughter have married and reproduced, what could be interesting? However I do think John David getting married would be a huge rating booster.

I do think John David getting married would be a huge rating booster.

I'm curious as to why you think this would greatly boost ratings. He and Joseph are tied for biggest dullard on the show. Josh was at least fun to snark on.

Now a Josiah courtship/wedding might be interesting. I'm not sure what's going on with him as he appears to have been marginalized on the show even after his return from his very long stint at Alert. I can think of several possible reasons (he doesn't want to be on the show and therefore won't sign a contract; he won't sign a contract if he has to hand over his earnings to Jim Bob; TLC doesn't have contracts with anyone but Jim Bob and Josh, and Josiah won't appear voluntarily; Boob doesn't want him on the show because he doesn't trust him to not say the wrong thing) but if he does return, a Josiah courtship might be fun to watch. And assuming they still have sufficient control over him, it wouldn't shock me if it happens in the next year or so. He'll be older than Ben was.

I want to see a courtship with someone who doesn't just go along with everything the Duggar way and gets their intended partner to start questioning, ie: Your parents say we get to set the Courtship rules, so let's hold hands and kiss while we court.

Archived