IGNORED

#Defend the Duggars Backfires in a Big Way

LongDogMom

[attachment=0]cow.JPG[/attachment]

How else was Jimboob going to pay for all those Pickles at Jills wedding and ice cream sundaes at Jessa's reception? And more Barbecue at the private Barbeque Reception at the TH. Both these weddings were catastrophes but the Roloff wedding was lovely. It was a refreshing change watching Jeremy and Audrey get married than watching those train wreck of Duggar weddings that were classless.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The season is already over. The last episode (this past Tuesday) was Amy's return to Nashville.

I was wondering if that was the last episode. The Amy episode was so unnecesary (albeit less gag-inducing than the regular programing). :puke-right:

I want to see a courtship with someone who doesn't just go along with everything the Duggar way and gets their intended partner to start questioning, ie: Your parents say we get to set the Courtship rules, so let's hold hands and kiss while we court.

That would be interesting. They're due for a different kind of courtship.

Changes are already happening as the Duggar ideals are meeting reality. Example: The night before Ben proposed, Jessa and Ben held hands during prayer. By the time Michelle realized what JB had suggested and what the result would be, it was too late: They were already holding hands! :o

This is also an example of how being on a reality show gets in the way of what they've taught. Jessa, Ben and their parents sat in a Last Supper-style arrangement so that everyone would face the cameras, with the happy couple in the middle. Whoops, that presented a problem when it was time for prayer! :lol: One of my favorite Duggar moments... loved it! Surprised that Michelle's head didn't spin off from shock.

I'm curious as to why you think this would greatly boost ratings. He and Joseph are tied for biggest dullard on the show. Josh was at least fun to snark on.

Now a Josiah courtship/wedding might be interesting. I'm not sure what's going on with him as he appears to have been marginalized on the show even after his return from his very long stint at Alert. I can think of several possible reasons (he doesn't want to be on the show and therefore won't sign a contract; he won't sign a contract if he has to hand over his earnings to Jim Bob; TLC doesn't have contracts with anyone but Jim Bob and Josh, and Josiah won't appear voluntarily; Boob doesn't want him on the show because he doesn't trust him to not say the wrong thing) but if he does return, a Josiah courtship might be fun to watch. And assuming they still have sufficient control over him, it wouldn't shock me if it happens in the next year or so. He'll be older than Ben was.

I say this because many people have been rooting for JD.

Archived