IGNORED

Priscilla Waller compares salvation to baseball (or sex...)

jackiebslp

Bet you guys didn't know that there was a base system to salvation! (You know, just like that other base system.)

Not sure if anyone had posted this anywhere (my apologies if they did) what with all the hullabaloo surrounding Davia's birth, but it's pretty golden. Video from 11/17 on the David Waller YouTube account entitled "The Best Decision Anna Duggar and Priscilla Waller Ever Made".

Both Anna and Priscilla discuss how they were saved from the driver's seat of the RV. And make heavy handed "driving" metaphors. Other great moments include Anna's tumultuous struggle with coming to Jesus, "good girl" virgins, and Mack being the cutie that she is.

Another great example of the Keller women feeding off each other. I swear, Anna's voice might just be the "sweetest" I've ever heard it in this one.

edited for riffles

edited again because I forgot to say what video it was

Wait. "It's good to be a Christian woman because I'll never have to drive the RV?"

Priscilla sounds quite sane when she's directly talking to someone (like to Mack). I think she's mostly awkward because she's trying a bit too hard to gather and grasp her thoughts for the videos.

I think Anna's just talking sweet because Mackynzie is present and she's probably hoping her own daughter won't be mocked in Sunday school 'cause she's hearing the gospel early enough in her life.

Priscilla is incredibly hard to watch. She just looks like someone who has repeated these things to herself so many times trying to rationalize this lifestyle to herself that she doesn't even know how to think for herself anymore. The baseball thing...yikes.

Hearing a grown woman talk like that is kind of alarming, and I think Anna matches her way of speech to Priscilla by habit to make Priscilla sound a little less nuts in comparison? It gives me the impression that Anna is the sister in the maternal role despite their age difference. Anna definitely seems to be one of the brighter girls in her family - which I don't mean to be a slight at the rest, but she's got a much more intelligent sense of humor, a more rational level of thought and critical thinking, and she just kind of seems to have her sh*t together a bit more than the rest.

I really wonder where Priscilla and David will be in 10-20 years. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried about Priscilla. I just kind of get the impression that she isn't strong enough to make it through this kind of life as a breeder. Priscilla obviously truly loves her kids, but between the demands of having endless amounts of children and having David as a husband...it won't be an easy road.

Wait. "It's good to be a Christian woman because I'll never have to drive the RV?"

There was a pic of Jana driving the RV during the FRC tour the week before Benessa's wedding....

There was a pic of Jana driving the RV during the FRC tour the week before Benessa's wedding....

I know.. I'm confused as to her meaning. But Priscilla Waller gives me a headache anyway.

What? Plenty of "good Christian women" have driven RV. Not a good metaphor.

I'm pretty sure "Christian woman" translates to "married Christian female" with these folks.

Here's the video - http://youtu.be/UZwVlpMm8Js

Ha ha, I think the OP was describing the setting of the video (P and A were sitting in the driver's seat of the RV) - the OP was not saying that A&P were claiming that they were saved "from the driver's seat" of the RV.

Easy to see how that could be misunderstood, though.

So, since Pris thinks that first base is admitting sin, second is knowing Jesus died for you, third is letting Jesus take the wheel and Home plate is heaven, I guess she thinks that, when she dies, Jesus will be there yelling "SLIDE! SLIDE!"

At baseball metaphor would be right up David Waller's alley. All of those bats and balls.

I'm sorry for saying this but Priscilla seems like she has some sort of mental issues or delays going on. Maybe she was premature at birth, but compared to Anna she seems very different from her

Anna sounds so different when she is talking with Priscilla. I don't know if its being taped or being with Priscilla. Recently on 19 kids she has seemed almost normal, but this video she just seems so dumb...the baby voice, ughhhh.

David's description is an exercise in hyperbole: "These next eight minutes could determine your eternal destiny." Really. These eight minutes. Anna speaks too fast and Priss uses a baseball analogy. Oy vey.

Imagine that Pa Keller used that baseball analogy with one of his children, then forgot about it, and the kid came to him, months or years later, saying:

"Papa, I got to third base last night!"

I'm sorry for saying this but Priscilla seems like she has some sort of mental issues or delays going on. Maybe she was premature at birth, but compared to Anna she seems very different from her

I'm not even sorry for thinking and saying that anymore. I'm only sorry that Priscilla is living with people who are so removed from reality that they think there's nothing alarming about her behavior. She's so vacant when she's not speaking or looking confused, and speaking is so difficult. I don't think she understands half of what she says.

So according to Anna, she got "saved" because of peer pressure and not being "a member of the club." That's not a good reason.

"They're virgins. They're good girls!"

Oh. So baby girls who are raped can't be good girls. And no adult virgin woman can ever be a bad person. Once a penis enters the fleshy gate, it's all over.

Anna gave Jesus the steering wheel in her life so she would fit in with her friends, really and truly, not just pretending to believe what they did. Then she talks about how she has next to nothing to do with any of them any more, so she shouldn't have been afraid to give herself completely to Jesus because she was worried about what they would think. Well how about not worrying about what they would think if she was a Christian or not since they no longer matter in her life? The contradictions in this wacky "theology" give me a headache.

Also she finally made that critical decision because she was in a car crash and thought she would go to hell if she had died because she wasn't baptised and/or really truely on board with total submission to Jesus and any other male with the correct plumbing. Wow, what a wonderful and grace filled decision to give up your entire life out of fear of what is in the next life. :angry-banghead:

I can't get the Mark Twain quote out of my head after watching this, "You go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company." Eternity is a wretchedly long time to be stuck with the likes of the Duggars and Wallers.

I feel so sorry for Pris. I get sad for her when I watch the videos. David pisses me off so bad. I think he married her because she's...so trusting and would never question anything.

Did anyone else wonder who the sister was who was driving? The interesting thing about the "testimony" is the oh so common crisis element or near death experience. I swear every "testimony" I hear in an evangical church always has the same story arc. There is never anyone who goes yeah I was happy and decided to be a little happier so I added God into the mix. Instead it is I was miserable and then yea God entered.

Archived