IGNORED

Goods & Services

LadyCrow1313

Since many of our favorite fundie families sell products on their family websites (ie, Staddon/Neely/Stelzl/Jeub), has anyone ever bought something from them?

I'll admit that I've been tempted a few times, but haven't as of yet. I'm sure that there's nothing inherently wrong with the available items, but depending on the overall vibes I get from a particular family site, I won't purchase anything from them (especially if it's overly "weird"; know what I mean?).

When I've almost come to that point of buying something, no matter how interesting or useful it may be to me, I hesitate to do so (as it almost seems that I'd be supporting a lifestyle/belief system that is completely different than mine).

Or would it be a case of damned if I do/damned if I don't?

I don't remember ever buying any fundie stuff, esp from their online websites. I would probably only get books and I always tried to borrow those or buy second hand.

I don't remember ever buying any fundie stuff, esp from their online websites. I would probably only get books and I always tried to borrow those or buy second hand.

You are following a good fundie practice: Buy used, save the difference! :lol:

I have - usually because I'm genuinely interested in the item. Some of their home made crafts are well-constructed.

Books and ideological material, on the other hand, have to show up in thrift shops.

I have - usually because I'm genuinely interested in the item. Some of their home made crafts are well-constructed.

Books and ideological material, on the other hand, have to show up in thrift shops.

I'm interested in what you bought and from whom. Do tell please.

I've been thinking of commissioning a thing or two from the 7 sisters- but only because they look to be top-notch seamstresses, and I would like some things like a wool skirt and a neutral blouse that are of high quality. I will also add that unlike most fundies, the 7 sisters don't seem to be the type to push hate-filled agendas, or demand that everyone around them conform to their beliefs.

I also am wanting to order some Amish hair pins, as I have thick hair and need some that won't warp. Like others here, though, I wouldn't buy books or ideological materials.

I've been thinking of commissioning a thing or two from the 7 sisters- but only because they look to be top-notch seamstresses, and I would like some things like a wool skirt and a neutral blouse that are of high quality. I will also add that unlike most fundies, the 7 sisters don't seem to be the type to push hate-filled agendas, or demand that everyone around them conform to their beliefs.

I also am wanting to order some Amish hair pins, as I have thick hair and need some that won't warp. Like others here, though, I wouldn't buy books or ideological materials.

Depending on where the 7 sisters live (i have no idea what state) :lol: they could probably get you the Amish hair pins. Those hairpins are popular with ladies who wear headcoverings.

Depending on where the 7 sisters live (i have no idea what state) :lol: they could probably get you the Amish hair pins. Those hairpins are popular with ladies who wear headcoverings.

I believe they are in Indiana.

I'm interested in what you bought and from whom. Do tell please.

I purchase textiles - decorative table covers from Monnonitemom on Etsy; scarves both for myself for a couple of people who have hairloss, through Coverings By Devorah.

I occasionally bid on books...nothing terribly interesting.

I can't do it. It's like the Duggars. I don't want to put money into the pockets of people who'd use it to oppress others.

This is one of the very few situations (fundie-written books) in which I'm okay with piracy for e-books (or making/passing around photocopies).

The other is con artists trying to blame Horrible Bullies for conning people.

I recently found TTUAC (calculated evil, IMO) in a thrift store and paid $.99. No way I'd give a cent to the author and his ilk unless I knew all of it was going to a charity I wanted to support. I might buy inexpensive stuff from unknown fundies at a farm stand or yard sale...if I wasn't being preached at.

I recently found TTUAC (calculated evil, IMO) in a thrift store and paid $.99. No way I'd give a cent to the author and his ilk unless I knew all of it was going to a charity I wanted to support. I might buy inexpensive stuff from unknown fundies at a farm stand or yard sale...if I wasn't being preached at.

That's a win-win situation! You got that book off the shelf and you won't allow yourself to be influenced to use the information. And donated to a charity you support. Win-win-win.

That's a win-win situation! You got that book off the shelf and you won't allow yourself to be influenced to use the information. And donated to a charity you support. Win-win-win.

Almost...if only I hadn't started to read it. :disgust:

Archived