IGNORED

In which Kelly bates pisses me off

treemom

No surprise that two Kellys on two opposite ends of the state have different opinions about the now passed Tennessee ammendement1 which effectively ended the right to medical privacy under the TN constitution (but did not change anything under the U.S. Constitution). But at least the other Kelly (the not me) should be truthful in what she discusses.

Thebatesfamily.com/vote-yes-on-one-in-tennessee/

Stupid tapatalk crashed on me.

Anyhow, so Kelly tells something that is almost truthful if you close one eye and squint. She claims abortion clinics don't need to be licensed in TN, which is sort of half way accurate. They do have to operate under the laws, which includes all health care providers being licensed and the clinic itself operating under the same rules as any health care provider. In addition she claimed clinics did not have to tell you about the side effects, except they did. Informed consent is a requirement for an abortion, but what they don't have to tell you is the not supported by science things Kelly believes are consequences.

Be pro life, but for fucks sake be truthful.

We should all remember this every time we feel like the bates aren't that bad. They are that bad. They believe in patriarchy. Gil is lazy. And Kelly may look more involved with her kids then J'chelle but she also denies her daughters the very choices she has. She lies and obscures the truth to convince others to support her version of a theocracy.

Stupid tapatalk crashed on me.

Anyhow, so Kelly tells something that is almost truthful if you close one eye and squint. She claims abortion clinics don't need to be licensed in TN, which is sort of half way accurate. They do have to operate under the laws, which includes all health care providers being licensed and the clinic itself operating under the same rules as any health care provider. In addition she claimed clinics did not have to tell you about the side effects, except they did. Informed consent is a requirement for an abortion, but what they don't have to tell you is the not supported by science things Kelly believes are consequences.

Be pro life, but for fucks sake be truthful.

We should all remember this every time we feel like the bates aren't that bad. They are that bad. They believe in patriarchy. Gil is lazy. And Kelly may look more involved with her kids then J'chelle but she also denies her daughters the very choices she has. She lies and obscures the truth to convince others to support her version of a theocracy.

I wholeheartedly agree with this! True, the Bates are sort-of, kind-of better than the Duggars, but they're still hard core fundies.

Thank you, Treemom. My eyes rollllllll waaaaayyyy back when people get on their "I LOVE THE BATES!" bandwagon. The Bates are just as bad as the Duggars, etc. JUST AS BAD. At least Boob grifts in the big time and does not have to borrow money from his son. For groceries. For the children he cannot afford. Chad and Erin aren't going to lightened up. Alyssa is not going "fundie light". Whitney is not running around in a normal swimsuit out of camera range. These are the nuts that are destroying the foundations of our country with their poor education, lack of critical thinking skills and frightening propensity to run for office as part of their planned take over of the universe. I appreciate it when anyone shines the light on what they really are.

I find the Bateses more superficially likeable but don't think they're any better than the Duggars, probably worse. Kelly and Gil seem brighter, have more education, and I can't attribute their zealotry to a post-miscarriage nervous breakdown and damning words from a so-called doctor. And Gil gave up a corporate job as he was adding more mouths to feed. I'm not excusing Jim Bob and Michelle for their stuff, and there's plenty, but at least Jim Bob wasn't "borrowing" money from his kids (at least that we know of) while promoting their debt-free life.

What really really kills me is states where they have lay midwives, but require admitting priveledges for a termination.

The Bateses may do a few things differently, but only after the original didnt work out. I will say this again and again"Put lipstick on a pg and it's still a pig."

Yep. They do put on a pretty good face on a lifestyle where the father is lazy, quit a corporate job to rely on grifting and his kid's earnings. They put a good face on espousing beliefs that limit their childrens' education and futures and also trying to impose those same beliefs on the rest of us. And don't believe for a minute that while Kelly does honestly seem more involved with her children compared to J'chelle, the fact of the matter is that the daughters are still helping to raise the kids their parents insist on bringing into the world because there's simply no way it's going to work. A single woman can only do so much.

They may indeed be more likeable but behind it all are the same toxic beliefs that the Duggars espouse. And I have said it before and say it again, Kelly seems much more savvy in presenting her family in a way that makes them seem extreme to mainstream folks.

I appreciate it when anyone shines the light on what they really are.

With this in mind, it would be very interesting to talk to people who deal with them. Because all that grifting has to involve a lot of people and I don't think that everyone is thrilled with it.

I think Gil Bates is probably a real jerk off camera. He just gives me a bad vibe. How all those kids fit comfortably in that house is beyond me, and I don't care what Kelly or Michelle want to claim about spending time with each child and having time to home school.....I have 3 kids and some days I am lucky to get a shower and get the dishes done.

Preach it FJites! The fact is we haven't seen as much of the Bateses as we have the Duggars. I think the ugly is really going to show if their new show lasts more than a few episodes. And just might on a network like UP.

With this in mind, it would be very interesting to talk to people who deal with them. Because all that grifting has to involve a lot of people and I don't think that everyone is thrilled with it.

Here ya go! One poster turned up in the Erin Bates/Chad Paine wedding megathread to discuss them. Wutwuzdat's posts start here:

www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php ... &start=240

Remember these are the same parents who manipulated their daughter into not taking a full ride music scholarship to a REAL university. She might have to encounter girls who dye their hair green! Instead she goes to an unaccredited Bible school.

Thank you, Treemom. My eyes rollllllll waaaaayyyy back when people get on their "I LOVE THE BATES!" bandwagon. The Bates are just as bad as the Duggars, etc. JUST AS BAD. At least Boob grifts in the big time and does not have to borrow money from his son. For groceries. For the children he cannot afford. Chad and Erin aren't going to lightened up. Alyssa is not going "fundie light". Whitney is not running around in a normal swimsuit out of camera range. These are the nuts that are destroying the foundations of our country with their poor education, lack of critical thinking skills and frightening propensity to run for office as part of their planned take over of the universe. I appreciate it when anyone shines the light on what they really are.

Let's go ahead and add the Muncks to this group, they are not any better, they just package up nicer. Inside the guts are all the same.

Remember these are the same parents who manipulated their daughter into not taking a full ride music scholarship to a REAL university. She might have to encounter girls who dye their hair green! Instead she goes to an unaccredited Bible school.

Wow, are you serious? I guess I'm not surprised that they manipulated Erin into not accepting the scholarship, but how did she get it in the first place?

Also, I have to agree with the person who said they probably only appear more likeable because we don't see and know as much about them as we do about the Duggars. You can put a much nicer face on the ugly truth if you decide what the world gets to see vs. if someone else (i.e. TLC) does.

I think Gil Bates is probably a real jerk off camera. He just gives me a bad vibe. How all those kids fit comfortably in that house is beyond me, and I don't care what Kelly or Michelle want to claim about spending time with each child and having time to home school.....I have 3 kids and some days I am lucky to get a shower and get the dishes done.

That's just because you haven't properly "trained" those three children into doing all of the housework FOR you, as well as raising themselves, so you can have an hour with each of them once a month and call that "one-on-one parenting".

What really really kills me is states where they have lay midwives, but require admitting priveledges for a termination.

Or no midwives at all. We don't really know the range of pregnancy care that Kelly has had, but for sure she's given birth to most of her children at home. Birth is hundreds of times more likely to kill you than having an abortion, so why should you be required to have a termination in a hospital (or similar facility), but give birth at home? Makes no sense.

How big is their house? And Kelly you do realize you had abortions as well

I guess I'm waaaaaay out of the loop here, but when/how was this? I just googled/checked through FJ, but didn't see anything!

The history of why this was on the ballot was interesting. I have talked about my experience of pursuing a late term abortion in TN. Many of the laws that influenced our decision to go out of state to Kansas were overturned and ruled unconstitutional under the TN Constitution. Which made things more compassionate well as of a reasonable ease. (Because keep in mind, women who are in their mid second trimester on don't really get abortion on demand).

This was a response to the overturning of those laws, to make it clear that no abortion is considered a medical privacy issue and no abortion is afforded any protections under the TN constitution. It specifically spoke about not having any exceptions (not that I think exceptions make sense, but most pro life adherents believe in exceptions for health of woman, fetus or rape.

Here is the full text of 1 BTW:

“Nothing in this Constitution secures or protects a right to abortion or requires the funding of an abortion. The people retain the right through their elected state representatives and state senators to enact, amend, or repeal statutes regarding abortion, including, but not limited to, circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest or when necessary to save the life of the mother."

I guess I'm waaaaaay out of the loop here, but when/how was this? I just googled/checked through FJ, but didn't see anything!

I am assuming they mean Kelly Bates not Treemom Kelly. And I think they mean her miscarriages

I have talked about my experience of pursuing a late term abortion in TN.

I did a search and came up empty handed. Where was this? I'm interested in reading more.

I did a search and came up empty handed. Where was this? I'm interested in reading more.

I have been writing and mentioning it here for years. It was actually one of the first things I ever talked about on FJ at yuku in response to Kristina.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/10002/ ... eply-10002

http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/9976/K ... reply-9976

http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/97488/ ... JGHYhgspxE

Archived