IGNORED

In which Kelly bates pisses me off

treemom

If you do a search on treemom late term abortion you will see a lot of areas I have talked about it. I think there was actually a thread at one point where I had all the posts over the years sort of summarized, but it might have gone poof at some point.

I have been writing and mentioning it here for years. It was actually one of the first things I ever talked about on FJ at yuku in response to Kristina.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/10002/ ... eply-10002

http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/9976/K ... reply-9976

http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/97488/ ... JGHYhgspxE

I wasn't around in the yuku days, so I don't even think about going over there. I did a search for treemom abortion, and got lots of irrelevant threads that had your name in the comment or abortion, but not together. Maybe there's a trick to a more effective search.

Off to read.

I wasn't around in the yuku days, so I don't even think about going over there. I did a search for treemom abortion, and got lots of irrelevant threads that had your name in the comment or abortion, but not together. Maybe there's a trick to a more effective search.

Off to read.

No worries. I am searching for more things. There is a thread about abortion at 38 weeks where I discuss some of that.

It doesn't make me particularly sad when I read the postings I have made about it here mostly because this community has always been awesome about it. I know it has made me more vocal I'm real life about it too.

Treemom, rather than necropost, I'll ask here. Why would a woman having a D&E have to have a hysterectomy? I don't know how to get a direct link to the reply, but it's on this page: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12378&start=100

That 4M person is a jerk, and I hope has been banned. I haven't seen any posts from him (her?) since I've been here. It sounds like you went through hell enough. I don't know if I could have made the decision you did only because I'd have been in too much denial, then been shattered from guilt after birth and watching suffering. It's an awful thing, but you did the merciful thing, even though some people don't want to see that. Isn't later-term only even allowed in cases when the baby has no chance at life?

Treemom, rather than necropost, I'll ask here. Why would a woman having a D&E have to have a hysterectomy? I don't know how to get a direct link to the reply, but it's on this page: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12378&start=100

That 4M person is a jerk, and I hope has been banned. I haven't seen any posts from him (her?) since I've been here. It sounds like you went through hell enough. I don't know if I could have made the decision you did only because I'd have been in too much denial, then been shattered from guilt after birth and watching suffering. It's an awful thing, but you did the merciful thing, even though some people don't want to see that. Isn't later-term only even allowed in cases when the baby has no chance at life?

So a few things...

That probably referred to Hysterotomy, which would be the way to perform a termination of a fetus unable to pass through the birth canal now that intact D&E is banned. Think c section.

The 4m person was interesting, but not actually all that bad in comparison. I always remember when I tell my story it is a lot harder to hurt me then it was back then. The thing I remember being the most scared about is that a bombing would happen and my husband might die and everyone would know.

Late term abortions like mine are much harder to get these days, even for cases like mine. Not many doctors will perform them and in states like mine where rights are being eroded they can be regulated into extinction. Especially since the now passed amendment one makes it clear that the laws have the option to exclude any exceptions.

Finally, our decision wasn't the right one or the wrong one. It simply was one. I believe I would have found a way to live with it no matter what I chose. And I have.

Why would an intact D&E be banned, but not something like a c-section? A scar is a physical reminder. Wouldn't that overall be harder and more expensive, or is that the point of it?

Even most pro-lifers I know support terminations when a baby is diagnosed with something that will make life impossible, or excruciatingly painful. It sounds like your daughter had a more peaceful end. I can get the argument against late-term-abortion-by-choice, but not the arguments against late-term when not terminating means intense suffering for the baby. Arguing against that is cruel. There is no life, merely existing to death. Just another way so many pro-lifers aren't really in favor of life, just birth.

Why would an intact D&E be banned, but not something like a c-section? A scar is a physical reminder. Wouldn't that overall be harder and more expensive, or is that the point of it?

Even most pro-lifers I know support terminations when a baby is diagnosed with something that will make life impossible, or excruciatingly painful. It sounds like your daughter had a more peaceful end. I can get the argument against late-term-abortion-by-choice, but not the arguments against late-term when not terminating means intense suffering for the baby. Arguing against that is cruel. There is no life, merely existing to death. Just another way so many pro-lifers aren't really in favor of life, just birth.

An intact D&E is known better as a partial birth abortion. Why is it banned vs a similar procedure with a Hysterotomy, well because politics.

I am for abortion on demand up to delivery. That doesn't mean I am always comfortable with that idea, but women shouldn't have to jump through hoops to prove they really fit an exception and women who are having an abortion for an unwanted pregnancy and yet somehow made it that far probably had a lot of circumstances that prevented them from acting earlier. Plus, I believe that is a rare, rare circumstance. I don't think you legislate for the edge cases.

Yes, it makes me a bit queasy when I think about it.

Here ya go! One poster turned up in the Erin Bates/Chad Paine wedding megathread to discuss them. Wutwuzdat's posts start here:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=19718&hilit=erin+bates&start=240

While I often take with a grain of salt posters who know fundies and come here to dish on them, what he said was what I would expect other people would really think. I suspect the hospitality culture prevalent in the south where they live would make people feel they should help them, especially for the kids' sake. But it doesn't mean that people may realize they are being taken advantage of and resent it. And I suspect Gil is very, very good at taking advantage, is a major PITA to deal with, so people do it to get him off their backs plus they don't want to look like they being mean and inhospitable.

If I were a business owner living near this family, I would make a point of putting up the closed sign every time they can came around.

While I often take with a grain of salt posters who know fundies and come here to dish on them, what he said was what I would expect other people would really think. I suspect the hospitality culture prevalent in the south where they live would make people feel they should help them, especially for the kids' sake. But it doesn't mean that people may realize they are being taken advantage of and resent it. And I suspect Gil is very, very good at taking advantage, is a major PITA to deal with, so people do it to get him off their backs plus they don't want to look like they being mean and inhospitable.

If I were a business owner living near this family, I would make a point of putting up the closed sign every time they can came around.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=19930&p=646662#p646662

Was this before a public announcement? If so, then this is pretty good evidence that person is legit.

Spontaneous abortions? More than one.

I was actually asking about elective abortions, because she seems to have the spiel down as to what is said inside abortion clinics.

I think the bolded used to be more common than it is today, but has changed, just as the "in cases of rape or incest" exception that used to be more accepted among anti abortion groups and now is not.

Dr. George Tiller of Wichita KS provided the late term procedures for people with pregnancies that had no good options, and was hounded for years, shot at least once, his clinic bombed and glued and harrassed and finally stalked and shot in the face while standing in the vestibule in his church for doing these specific types of procedures.

The latest I'm hearing is that there are growing doubts among anti abortion groups and people that "aborting" a tubal pregnancy is ok.

I think the bolded used to be more common than it is today, but has changed, just as the "in cases of rape or incest" exception that used to be more accepted among anti abortion groups and now is not.

Dr. George Tiller of Wichita KS provided the late term procedures for people with pregnancies that had no good options, and was hounded for years, shot at least once, his clinic bombed and glued and harrassed and finally stalked and shot in the face while standing in the vestibule in his church for doing these specific types of procedures.

The latest I'm hearing is that there are growing doubts among anti abortion groups and people that "aborting" a tubal pregnancy is ok.

I am not seeing the bolded on tapatalk but if it is the intact D&E it is banned now. That is the "partial birth abortion"

And Dr. Tiller is the doctor who performed my abortion. The kindest, most compassionate, wonderful doctor I have ever known.

I guess I'm waaaaaay out of the loop here, but when/how was this? I just googled/checked through FJ, but didn't see anything!

Medical doctors refer miscarriage as abortion

"This was a response to the overturning of those laws, to make it clear that no abortion is considered a medical privacy issue and no abortion is afforded any protections under the TN constitution. It specifically spoke about not having any exceptions (not that I think exceptions make sense, but most pro life adherents believe in exceptions for health ..."

Thank you so much for posting this.

I just finished reading the wiki page on Dr. Tiller.

That man was a hero. :cry:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Tiller

Archived