IGNORED

Sad day for Catholic females

fundiefun

Sadly, this seems like nothing after reading of two cases on the Catholic Answers Forum (family life) in the last few days where women who were told by doctors that it was very dangerous to get pregnant again were told too bad, NFP or abstinence for you :-(

Life is great but I can't get on board with a church that values being open to life more than being alive, or on topic, keeping their clergy male over *having* clergy.

CAF is a treasure trove of fundie Catholics - they call themselves traditionalists, but they have a lot in common with the Protestant fundies than either side would ever admit. I've been lurking there for years now.

I was Catholic as a child. Went to Catholic school for 3-4 and 6-7 grades... and acutely remember not being allowed as an altar server. It was the beginning of the end...

United Church of Christ might be what you are looking for. Very liberal. (pesky - the Episcopalian church has priests, and bishops, that are women. They have some kind of apostolic succession and believe in consubstantiation. But you don't need a boy to turn the host into the body of Christ.)

Archived