IGNORED

Apple's CEO is GAY

Toothfairy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this headline this morning too, and couldn't help but wonder about folks like the Maxwells, who not only use Apple products but teach classes about how to use them! I wonder if they will abandon their favorite techy products, or switch companies, or what... :popcorn2:

I think fundies will keep their Apple stuff. Some of them have known for years that Apple is a very friendly LGBT company. I have a cousin who lives in Northern California. She works as a telecommunications engineer for the State of California. She knows several people who work or have worked for Apple. But who knows, with Cook coming out of the closet, maybe it will push fundies to switch tech products. Bill Gates largely supports gay marriage/rights.

I think there will be a few fundies that will ditch Apple products. I remember a similar situation a year or two ago, when Amazon and Jeff Bezos announced support for gay marriage. I can't remember which fundie blogger said that she was going to stop using her Kindle.

I don't think this will change much for the duggars. they're known hypocrites anyway. :P some fundies i'm sure will ditch their products, but with the way things are going, it's going to get harder and harder to find products whose companies aren't lgbtq-friendly.

i definitely will be loving on my 5s more, though. :D my cover is already rainbow-ish, too.

As long is it suits them, our favorite homophobic fundies will come up with some excuse for continuing to use Apple products, and Microsoft as well (known for supporting just about everything fundies oppose).

Funny how my first thought upon hearing the news about Tim Cook this morning–-after "I can't wait for the day when something like this isn't news anymore"––was WWSD? What WIll Stevus Do?

Can't wait for my iPhone 6+ to arrive. I'm tired of carrying around the cardboard mockup I made so I could get used to the size. I'm ready for the real thing.

As long is it suits them, our favorite homophobic fundies will come up with some excuse for continuing to use Apple products, and Microsoft as well (known for supporting just about everything fundies oppose).

Funny how my first thought upon hearing the news about Tim Cook this morning–-after "I can't wait for the day when something like this isn't news anymore"––was WWSD? What WIll Stevus Do?

Can't wait for my iPhone 6+ to arrive. I'm tired of carrying around the cardboard mockup I made so I could get used to the size. I'm ready for the real thing.

OK, I"m not sure if you are kidding or not, but either way, maybe you needed something like this... :geek:

nophone.myshopify.com/

I for one don't care who is gay in the tech world (or any other, really) , as long as the product I buy is meeting my needs.

I'm also not sure this is news even now.

I think there is a chance that the Maxwells or at least Steve, might not now about Tim Cook. They have said that they get their news through conversations at grocery stores or by looking at magazines covers and that.

Tim Cook has been openly gay for many years, but I'm sure fundies could (and did) pretend to themselves that it was all just a nasty rumor. Now that Cook is publicly gay, they are going to have to come up with a new excuse. Which they will, because you'll get their Apple gadgets away when you pry them from their cold, dead hands. The CEO of Microsoft is Heathen Hindu, and the company is just as LGBT-friendly as Apple, so, until one of these homeschool fundies starts up his own high-tech company, they really are SOL.

I think there is a chance that the Maxwells or at least Steve, might not now about Tim Cook. They have said that they get their news through conversations at grocery stores or by looking at magazines covers and that.

true, though i'm sure there's a concerned leghumper out there somewhere that will let them know. they just might not know as fast as other people.

I doubt the Duggars and their ilk will even waste a breathe trying to excuse this, they will just ignore all the instagram and twitter questions like they always do. However, I almost want to see FRC make some anti-apple stance just to watch Smugs have to sweat out losing his precious iphone

true, though i'm sure there's a concerned leghumper out there somewhere that will let them know. they just might not know as fast as other people.

I

If as we believe Steve reads here, maybe he'll learn of it here.

If they listen to any Christian talk radio they will hear of it. And I"m betting that at least Steve gets some news from the internet.

Afterall, that is wholly different from Television.

If the Maxwells aren't aware I'd be surprised. I'm sure there's some conservative organization that investigates which companies toe the fundie line and they've probably gotten that information the same way the find out how to vote. I think they just choose to ignore it for very self-serving reasons.

Salex, not kidding. I'm due for a new phone but I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go. At first, I was all "no way, too big" about the 6+, then I waffled, so I cut a full size mock-up out of heavy cardboard and pasted a color copy of the actual phone on it (slow day at work, what can I say?) I carried it around for a while to make sure I was comfortable with it before I committed to buying it. My 6+ should arrive any day now. :mrgreen:

Well, a friend of mine is fundie lite. A few months ago, I brought to his attention, during one of his rants against homosexuality and how we must go back to "Biblical principles", that several companies, such as Apple and Disney, are really good to their gay and lesbian employees. He said that while he may disagree with the companies' agendas on homosexuality, it by no means discounts homosexuals' contributions to the world and we should continue using those companies' products. I suppose giving up his ipad, iphone, and trips to Disney with his kids were not going to happen. I told him, that he should go back to his beloved Biblical principles, and give up everything that was designed or supported by gays and lesbians, and stop wearing clothes with fiber blends. LOL Needless to say, that friend has not contacted me with his precious new iPhone 6 since then.

If the Maxwells aren't aware I'd be surprised. I'm sure there's some conservative organization that investigates which companies toe the fundie line and they've probably gotten that information the same way the find out how to vote. I think they just choose to ignore it for very self-serving reasons.

Salex, not kidding. I'm due for a new phone but I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go. At first, I was all "no way, too big" about the 6+, then I waffled, so I cut a full size mock-up out of heavy cardboard and pasted a color copy of the actual phone on it (slow day at work, what can I say?) I carried it around for a while to make sure I was comfortable with it before I committed to buying it. My 6+ should arrive any day now. :mrgreen:

Makes sense. I have the Galaxy S 5 because the bigger one was just too much (then ended up wtih a cover that makes it much thicker--possibly 2x a thick.. I"m still not sure I like the stupid cover) . I have been known to "try on " purses by standing at the purse counter putting my essentials into the new purse pockets to make sure they fit. But I've not thought about making a mockup to carry as a tryout.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it doesn't seem excessively large any more. I can't imagine going back.

Lol, my 11 year old made himself a fake one out of cardboard too, cause I said that no way is he getting a phone that expensive.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I sent a message to Steve to see if he was aware of it. He responded fairly promptly. I know it isn't okay to post the email here, but can I summarize the message?

But maybe apple products turn people gay with chemicals or radiation

This is true. I bought a Macbook and decided to also a buy a purple case for it. Then I bought a purple case for my non-Apple mobile. THEN I bought a purple coffee mug. Purple is the gay color. So yeah. [emoji6]

(FTR, I'm just kidding, in case that's not obvious. Except about all the purple stuff I bought. That part is true.)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I sent a message to Steve to see if he was aware of it. He responded fairly promptly. I know it isn't okay to post the email here, but can I summarize the message?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
yes, please summarize at least! i would be interested to see what he thinks.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
He hadn't heard about it until I asked him about it. He said that he didn't like any of the tech company's positions on the issue (I assume their support of homosexuality). He said that as long as Apple didn't make this issue the main part of what they do, they'd still use and support their products. My interpretation is as long as Apple still makes Apple products and that is their concentration rather that a pro-homosexuality platform, they are still okay to use.

Again, these are not his exact words, just the meaning and perspective that I read.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
He hadn't heard about it until I asked him about it. He said that he didn't like any of the tech company's positions on the issue (I assume their support of homosexuality). He said that as long as Apple didn't make this issue the main part of what they do, they'd still use and support their products. My interpretation is as long as Apple still makes Apple products and that is their concentration rather that a pro-homosexuality platform, they are still okay to use.

Again, these are not his exact words, just the meaning and perspective that I read.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
thanks, bh. :) i knew there would probably be some type of cop-out for quite a few fundies.

of course, now i'm wondering if their blog will mention it.

I feel better about my 6+ I got yesterday now [emoji1]

Me too! And I just bought a mac-book pro. I love apple. (Have a Mac also)

Archived