IGNORED

Apple's CEO is GAY

Toothfairy

I really doubt that they will mention it on the blog. It would only invite more questions.

It just seems so hypocritical. They say we hate them and what they do is wrong. But now that they have to choose and have money to make on this company (ITonRamp), then there is compromise. Where is the compromise about things that actually matter (like his daughters)?!?

But I guess until there is money to be made or the apps that they like, the wide stance can be adjusted accordingly :lol:

The only thing that will get the girls married then is the loss of income when everyone realizes that this plan only works for 50% of the genders. :angry-banghead:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my iPhone 6 (the 6+ is too big for my needs) by noon on launch day. I love love looooooooove it.

In other news, Tim Cook's a normal guy who loves who he loves.

But maybe apple products turn people gay with chemicals or radiation

Hmm, maybe I'm still straight because I'm still using an Android.

I heard about Mr. Cook coming out this morning while watching the news. I'm very happy we live in a time where Cook is comfortable with his sexual orientation and most people are accepting. As for the fundie reaction? I don't give a shit.

The tech industry in general is very lgbt friendly. I find it very telling that fundies are willing to bend their stance on that issue so they can own computers. Even in this day and age, you can get by without computers. They just don't want to.

As an LGBT Christian, I'm heartened by him (the Apple CEO) saying his sexuality is a gift from God. It's certainly how I see mine.

I have a really old Samsung phone (not a smartphone at all) and if I got a smartphone it would probably be an Android, but good for him.

Some fundies might want to toss their Apple products for a while, but I doubt that will last for long.

Most fundies get hypocritical pretty fast when they would have to give up convenient things they like to use.

Even the most notorious gay haters like PP and ZsuZsu are costumers of companies who are gay-friendly (Amazon, ebay and Twitter for example).

Stevehovah didn't let my comment through! What a hypocrite! We want to stay separated from the world and hate teh geyz... except when they give us a money-maing opprtunity! Shame on you, Steve.

As an LGBT Christian, I'm heartened by him (the Apple CEO) saying his sexuality is a gift from God. It's certainly how I see mine.

Yes, I loved this too! I'm here for a reason, and I'm gay for a reason. Maybe it's so I can make a difference, or people can learn, or just because that's how I'd be happier and, you know, alive (trying to be straight was really hard for me!)

But anyway, assuming arguendo that I was born gay, and God created me and knew me in my mother's womb...logically, God made me gay!

This is where you can really poke holes in the fundie mindset. So in their thinking- God doesn't mind all the CEO's who commit adultery, lie, cheat, steal, cover up chemicals used in production that poison countless people. But the fundie sky Daddy has a big issue with the one CEO who loves somone of the same sex.....

I am thinking that the Duggars, Maxwells, etc. probably do not check out the sexuality of the CEO's for all the cereal and hairspray they buy- so they would look really dumb to do that for tech gadgets.

This is where you can really poke holes in the fundie mindset. So in their thinking- God doesn't mind all the CEO's who commit adultery, lie, cheat, steal, cover up chemicals used in production that poison countless people. But the fundie sky Daddy has a big issue with the one CEO who loves somone of the same sex.....

I am thinking that the Duggars, Maxwells, etc. probably do not check out the sexuality of the CEO's for all the cereal and hairspray they buy- so they would look really dumb to do that for tech gadgets.

Well, I think if fundies would start to check out the private lives of the CEOs and other important managers of the companies from which they buy all their stuff from, and boycott those who don't comfirm with their values, they would really have to go Amish. The thing that might irk them with the Apple CEO is that he actually made this public and is proud of being gay, while the "sins" of the other CEOs are usually sweeped discreetly under the table. Now, of course, I don't want to compare being gay to stuff like adultery and other bad things, since being gay isn't something bad at all, but the fundies unfortunately feel that way.

This is true. I bought a Macbook and decided to also a buy a purple case for it. Then I bought a purple case for my non-Apple mobile. THEN I bought a purple coffee mug. Purple is the gay color. So yeah. [emoji6]

(FTR, I'm just kidding, in case that's not obvious. Except about all the purple stuff I bought. That part is true.)

My husband started to tell me how aweful it was. He saw me bristle and start to open my mouth, and went on to say "how do we know he hasn't infected all iPhones with the AIDS virus?" Oh, he got me there. I was sort of stunned since I never heard him say things against gay people.

My husband started to tell me how aweful it was. He saw me bristle and start to open my mouth, and went on to say "how do we know he hasn't infected all iPhones with the AIDS virus?" Oh, he got me there. I was sort of stunned since I never heard him say things against gay people.

[emoji15] I guess it's a good thing I don't have an iPhone! :?

Was he joking? I don't even know what to say to something like that. Is that even possible?

Wow... Was he kidding? I am sorry to speak ill of your husband but that is disturbing.

Wow... Was he kidding? I am sorry to speak ill of your husband but that is disturbing.

I agree; please say he was joking. That’s just too idiotic to be real.

If he wasn't joking, your husband is an idiot and and asshole. I hope he was joking.

Yes, he was joking. When I said "he got me there" I was trying to illustrate that. I wouldn't marry an idiot.

I thought you meant you were speechless. Sorry, I didn't catch on :embarrassed:

I thought you meant you were speechless. Sorry, I didn't catch on :embarrassed:

Yeah, I read it that way too. I'm glad it was only a joke!

I agree; please say he was joking. That’s just too idiotic to be real.

Sadly, it sounds like something my idiot brother and his right wing loon of a wife would say. In their cases, it wouldn't be a joke. :embarrassed:

OK, I"m not sure if you are kidding or not, but either way, maybe you needed something like this... :geek:

nophone.myshopify.com/

I for one don't care who is gay in the tech world (or any other, really) , as long as the product I buy is meeting my needs.

I'm also not sure this is news even now.

I think it's only news because it is very rare for CEOs to be openly gay. Obviously some industries are more lgbt friendly than others, but overall the business world is very conservative. Boards still prefer men, with a wife and 2-3 children, for their top positions. It's all a bit, stupid game of who you know, what you "volunteer" for, and where you go to church. They wrap it up in the guise of looking for a face for the company.

Russia is not amused by gay CEOs or American companies.

ETA: Good job tying this in to the Ebola fear pandemic and Russia's hidden HIV problem, Russian politicians!

On Monday, many outlets reported the news that a memorial dedicated to former Apple CEO Steve Jobs had been dismantled in St. Petersburg, Russia. In a statement, ZEFS, a consortium of Russian companies, explained that it had removed the statue on Friday, one day after Tim Cook announced he was gay, for this disquieting reason:

After Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly called for sodomy, the monument was taken down to abide to the Russian federal law protecting children from information promoting denial of traditional family values.

Despite the statement, there were reports in the Russian media that the memorial was out for repairs, but ... come on.

This wasn't the only intensely homophobic reaction to Cook's announcement in Russia. One legislator, Vitaly Milonov, suggested that Cook be banned from the country in order to forestall the arrival of "Ebola Virus, AIDS, gonorrhea."

The statue's removal may have come under the auspices of Russia's widely condemned anti-gay law, which was passed in 2013, but it would be reductive to chalk up this particular and peculiar episode to anti-gay sentiment in Russia right now.

First, consider that this crusade dovetails with a broader removal of American icons from the Russian landscape such as McDonald's, the Russian outposts of which are being investigated and closed throughout the country. Behind McDonald's, there are few more recognizable American brands than Apple. While Russian officials may have cited security concerns in a decision to swap iPads for Samsung tablets back in March, the fact the announcement came just days after Russia annexed Crimea over American protests seems less than curious.

It's also important to note that homophobia in Russia carries with it a much more political bent than it does in most other countries. As Olga Khazan noted last year, "Russians buck a major trend in modern homophobia: more religious countries are far more likely to be less accepting of homosexuality. ... Russia ranks as one of the least devout countries on earth, with only 33 percent of Russians saying religion was very important in their daily life in 2009." Despite this, she added, only 16 percent of Russians said they believed that society should be accepting of gays.

It's not much of a surprise that a group of Russian companies would take such action in the wake of Tim Cook's announcement, considering the recent climate of homophobia in Russia. But, given the fact that this maneuver also involved the snub of a prominent American company, it would be more of a surprise if it hadn't happened.

http://m.theatlantic.com/international/ ... ut/382319/

Some fundies might want to toss their Apple products for a while, but I doubt that will last for long.

Most fundies get hypocritical pretty fast when they would have to give up convenient things they like to use.

Even the most notorious gay haters like PP and ZsuZsu are costumers of companies who are gay-friendly (Amazon, ebay and Twitter for example).

And Youtube -- what would the PP do without Youtube?

Archived