IGNORED

Fox News Hosts Tell Young Women Not To Vote,

doggie

and republicans say they are not trying to stop some voters. Now you know they also meant poor,black,latino, you know they wanted to say only rich white christian males.

Fox News is discouraging young people from voting again, but this time the target is more specific: young women.

"The Five" co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle said Tuesday that young women should excuse themselves from voting in the upcoming midterm elections because they don't share the same "life experience" as older women and should just go back to playing around on Tinder and Match.com.

"It's the same reason why young women on juries are not a good idea," Guilfoyle said. "They don't get it!"

Earlier in the conversation, co-host Greg Gutfeld made the point that "with age comes wisdom" and the "older you get, the more conservative you get."

In other words: "Hey kids! Hold off a little. You don't have to vote just yet. Wait until you're conservative enough old enough!"

Guilfoyle agreed, suggesting that you can't cast an informed vote until you've gone through adult things, like paying the bills.

"They're [young women] like healthy and hot and running around without a care in the world," she concluded. "They can go back on Tinder or Match.com."

On a previous episode in October, co-host Harris Faulkner also said that young people should stay away from the polls if they "don't know the issues." We've already explained why it's a terrible -- and illogical -- idea to convince young people not to vote. But driving young women away from the polls? Do we even have to get into why that's potentially one of the most damaging and regressive things that could happen to society?

Thank Jebus for Fox News! If not for them I would have voted in this election and possibly made my voice heard! I am forever grateful that they forewarned me that my elders know what is best for my uterus and my personal life! Jebus forbid I, an unmarried, young, female who likes having control over her body, be able to make my voice heard!

:doh:

Assholes.

Fox News is like The Onion. I just can't take it seriously.

*back to using Tinder and Match.com (even though I'm married)*

eta: I snorted at the "adult things, like paying bills" :lol: yeah, that's what makes us adults

I am going to say that when I was teaching college, a long time ago, I urged my students to at know why they were voting. I told them I didn't much care who they voted for if they knew why they voted for that person. (or against that other person). I'd like for her to tell us why young men "get it" if young women don't?

I was not so much discouraging them from voting as encouraging them to get informed.

As far as her opinion that people become more conservative as they get older. I think I am more liberal as I get older, as I see the world differently.

I also am not sure I changed so much, but that what defined conservative moved farther right and left me comparatively on the left. (see also center)

I'd like for her to tell us why young men "get it" if young women don't?

That's what I was wondering. If they're going to try to play it off as an age thing, why is it only young women and not also the men? Does it have to do with how these people like to infantilize women?

Fuck FOX news. My 20 year old girly girl niece understands perfectly what the issues are. Just what the hell do they think young women do? Most I know are working their asses off and/or going to college. They know they are losing their rights, and are fighting like hell to get them back and keep the ones they have left. So again, fuck you. Oh, and my niece is just as liberal as her mother and Aunt Rosy!

I'd like for her to tell us why young men "get it" if young women don't?

Because young men have a penis. She just didn't want to say it.[emoji35]

Seriously, they think women are stupid, ignorant beings whose only concern is how she looks and think politics is for the men folk. WRONG!

So, is Fox just straight up trolling now? Must be really sinking in the ratings to come up with this tripe.

So, is Fox just straight up trolling now? Must be really sinking in the ratings to come up with this tripe.

Yeah, it's almost a parody of the conservative movement.

Unfortunately for Fox News, I and many others I do know have become more liberal as we have become older. I get angry with the "I got mine" attitude of many conservatives and not give a fuck about anyone else that doesn't fit their narrow definition of 'Merikan.

And older women should care about younger women's issues - after all I'm sure they have daughters, nieces, younger sisters etc who are affected by discrimination and chipping away of bodily rights.

My father has gotten considerably more liberal as he's aged. I've also moved more to the left. If Fox Noise thinks that in 20 years today's youth will suddenly move away from supporting marriage equality, a woman's right to control her reproduction and other social issues the GOP is so opposed to, they're in for a shock.

Heck, even conservative youth are becoming less conservative on social issues such as same-sex marriage. I knew plenty of Republicans in college who had no use for Obama or the Democrats, but didn't see any problem with same-sex marriage or abortion rights or anything else social. It's mostly the religious crowd who still seem to be sticking to those, IMO.

I want a penis so I can magically know stuff and be worthy of respect. Where can I get one?

I believe Wang-Mart is having a two for one sale.

Thank Jebus for Fox News! If not for them I would have voted in this election and possibly made my voice heard! I am forever grateful that they forewarned me that my elders know what is best for my uterus and my personal life! Jebus forbid I, an unmarried, young, female who likes having control over her body, be able to make my voice heard!

:doh:

Assholes.

Not to worry. Unless you've got as much money as the Koch Bros (always pronounced Cock Bros in my head), your voice will never be heard anyway. /cynical

I am going to say that when I was teaching college, a long time ago, I urged my students to at know why they were voting. I told them I didn't much care who they voted for if they knew why they voted for that person. (or against that other person). I'd like for her to tell us why young men "get it" if young women don't?

I was not so much discouraging them from voting as encouraging them to get informed.

As far as her opinion that people become more conservative as they get older. I think I am more liberal as I get older, as I see the world differently.

I also am not sure I changed so much, but that what defined conservative moved farther right and left me comparatively on the left. (see also center)

When I was teaching seniors most of whom were over 18, I told them they should vote because there's always someone to vote against.

I've voted in every presidential election since 1972, got registered on my 18th birthday in 1971 and have never looked back. I was more active in politics in my youth than I've been in middle age. To hell with Faux News and their asshole newsreaders.

I support Fox News on this one, now that I think about it. Who watches Fox News and listens? Conservative idiots. The fewer conservatives out there voting, the less this country will get fuckered up

Fox News is like The Onion. I just can't take it seriously.

*back to using Tinder and Match.com (even though I'm married)*

eta: I snorted at the "adult things, like paying bills" :lol: yeah, that's what makes us adults

The scary thing about Fox "News" is the amount of people that do take it seriously.

The scary thing about Fox "News" is the amount of people that do take it seriously.

Not too long ago, someone told me that "global warming isn't real." Apparently, I insulted by saying that they probably get all their environment-related news from a certain news channel. They told me that I don't know them and that I was an arrogant, self-absorbed, close-minded person. The situation would've been funny but the dude started to get violent - banging on tables and shit. Bonus points because he looked like Josh Duggar. But yeah, global warming isn't real y'all. I wonder, wonder what news channel spouts that ignorant crap the most... hmmmm..... (insert chin scratching emoji)

I believe Wang-Mart is having a two for one sale.

Eh, it's a bait & switch -- Schlongs R Us has the consistent low prices.

Not too long ago, someone told me that "global warming isn't real." Apparently, I insulted by saying that they probably get all their environment-related news from a certain news channel. They told me that I don't know them and that I was an arrogant, self-absorbed, close-minded person. The situation would've been funny but the dude started to get violent - banging on tables and shit. Bonus points because he looked like Josh Duggar. But yeah, global warming isn't real y'all. I wonder, wonder what news channel spouts that ignorant crap the most... hmmmm..... (insert chin scratching emoji)

We have one. :think: :D

We have one. :think: :D

I know and thank you! I was on Tapatalk and couldn't remember what it was called. I usually just type it out even though I can't actually see it and just see this

:think:

but now I'm on my computer and can do this --> :( because I don't have the fun emoji on Tapa

eta: errr... I don't see the whole "CODE" thing but hopefully you get what I mean :D

Archived