IGNORED

Jinger won't run

Ella

I don't think Jinger will run - ever. I don't think any of them will run. Look at the way they were all so close and loving at the bridal shop, reading their letters to Jill. They seem honestly close and caring of one another. Why would any of the kids leave such a loving family?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think Jinger will run - ever. I don't think any of them will run. Look at the way they were all so close and loving at the bridal shop, reading their letters to Jill. They seem honestly close and caring of one another. Why would any of the kids leave such a loving family?

You've got to be kidding. Michelle was fake crying and Jana looked like she was about to role her eyes and Jessa was more snarking on how Jill was always the perfect child well Jessa was the one in trouble. :doh: And Yeah Joy was crying because Joy was losing her mother. Michelle didn't take care of that child six year old Jill did.

Just because they love their sister doesn't mean they won't leave if they wanted to.

Look at Anna and her sister. I'm sure they had many teary moments and that didn't stop Susanna leaving.

i don't think jinger will run, she's channeling her pain through other things (i firmly believe she has an ED) so that she can stay and please her family, towing the party line. it was interesting to me that jinger spoke of jill, saying she was her 'shoulder to cry on' - i would've assumed jessa would've been that person for jinger. they've always seemed pretty close. maybe they don't get along much anymore, now that ben is in the picture. maybe jessa likes to rub it in - we all know she's very smug. maybe jinger knows what a huge mistake binbob is and feels she has no other option but to keep up appearances and keep sweet. i mean, have you ever heard jinger say anything about ben, or interact with him? quite strange, considering jessa and jinger are supposed to be best friends.

i've noticed jana and joy this season have been pretty passive-agressive toward michelle. i wouldn't be surprised if that's why jana is being sent off to DC - same thing happened to anna's sister, and look what happened there... she escaped fundieland.

I'm still holding onto hope Jinger will run away to the big city she wants to live in (And Joyless Joy-Anna and smart Josiah too), but to be realistic, I think the 'runner' will be a younger howler or a lost girl. The younger howlers and the lost girls don't remember the harsh life before the TLC cameras showed up, they've grown up seeing more of the 'outside world', they've been completely raised by J'Slaves (Jennifer in particular acts like Michelle is a terrifying stranger and Boob picks on her and in every picture of the family, she looks like she wants no piece of it) and will have far less connection to Boob and J'Uterus.

Out of Jana, Jinger and Joy, I don't have a favorite for escaping. I think they all have a shot, but not a particularly big one. I'm placing my hopes on Josie. She's going to be a wild child; sex (with condoms!), drugs, and rock 'n roll!

:banana-rock: :nanner-sex: :obscene-drinkingdrunk::obscene-smokingweed: :hookah:

p.s., does anyone else get turned on by that banana sex smiley?

I feel like we won't be seeing much of Jinger after the season featuring Jessa's wedding/Jill's pregnancy.

To me it feels like she might be sent to JttH like Jana was for even mentioning moving to a big city and then have her sisters rebuke her. I think Jana only did that because she doesn't want Jinger to suffer the constant demoralization of JttH.

I'm rooting for her to find her happy place. Hell, I'd give her free room and board if she wanted to move out west (same goes for Jana and Josiah).

I feel like we won't be seeing much of Jinger after the season featuring Jessa's wedding/Jill's pregnancy.

To me it feels like she might be sent to JttH like Jana was for even mentioning moving to a big city and then have her sisters rebuke her. I think Jana only did that because she doesn't want Jinger to suffer the constant demoralization of JttH.

I'm rooting for her to find her happy place. Hell, I'd give her free room and board if she wanted to move out west (same goes for Jana and Josiah).

I move back to Vancouver in January and Jinger is welcome to be my roommate for free. She's love Vancouver. (Jana, Josiah and Joy welcome too, and any of the lost girls one day).

You're being sarcastic, right? Definitely one time I can't tell lol.

They are close because they literally don't have anyone else.

That whole bridal shop thing was FAKE. Ugh. I mean, who goes to try on bridal gowns and it turns into some kind of blessing event. Ridiculous.

On that note, I was kind of surprised some of them were able to cry on camera. I feel like there were some real emotions going on there (and that the crying wasn't at all staged, at least not with Joy and Jinger), but even the finest actors find it difficult to cry on cue.

Maybe it was just one of those things where the director hid the camera, or left it running for so long that some of those pent-up emotions were able to come out. Or maybe they've simply been doing this for so long that it's easy to forget the cameras are there. If it was me, I guess I would have been too self-conscious of the cameras to let my emotions show.

Add me to the list of people who will totally house Jinger, Jana or 'Siah (and add Joy to that list - gir's ripe for a break).

Same here. I hope they know how many people are rooting for them.

I think if any of the older kids run, it'll be Josiah. I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened yet. Though I'd love to see Jana, Jinger, Josiah, and Joy all escape together, then at least they'd have each other.

Did you see Jinger's nails in the episode where they read the letters to Jill? She is an extreme nail biter!

I too think that she has an ED. She used to be more like Joy'S body type, but look at her now...

Jinger seems to be very sensitve, artsy and quiet. she needs a break. I'm rooting for her and JOsiah to still break away.

Realistically though, I think JB will marry her off to some fundie guy she barely knows, she will spend some awekward and horribe years before getting a divorce around 30 old. that is my guess.

30 would still be young enough to start fresh.

Did you see Jinger's nails in the episode where they read the letters to Jill? She is an extreme nail biter!

I too think that she has an ED. She used to be more like Joy'S body type, but look at her now...

Jinger seems to be very sensitve, artsy and quiet. she needs a break. I'm rooting for her and JOsiah to still break away.

Realistically though, I think JB will marry her off to some fundie guy she barely knows, she will spend some awekward and horribe years before getting a divorce around 30 old. that is my guess.

30 would still be young enough to start fresh.

No she didn't; Jinger has always been the skinniest J'slave, it just didn't stand out as much because they used to cover their bodies a lot more. These are not recent pictures and look at how thin her arms were.

2r64tft.jpg

Jill-Jessa-and-Jinger-Duggar1.png

I think I read on recovering grace that less than 1% of the people raised in the Gothard life style continue to be fundie for life.

I think we'll watch a lot of them break free once married. Jessa probably not so much.

But, when they are able to read online blogs and more books about Christianity than what they're allowed to read now the'll start questioning the legalism and eventually break free.

It'll take one brave one to completely break free and then the others will follow suit.

There's going to be a couple that will follow in Mommy and Daddy's shoes... but we still have lots of time to see how it unfolds.

Jennifer may not ever break free because she will always want to please Jill... Jennifer will follow in Jills example.

Jinger doesn't really care to babysit, and I don't think Jana really does either. The only one of Jana's buddies she's close with is Jackson. Unless Josiah was her buddy, too. But we don't see too much of hers and his relationship.

I remember when Hannie was sick in an earlier episode and you could see Jana was totally annoyed with taking care of her.

I think once those girls get married they're going to be over raising children which is why I think Jana is fine with waiting for marriage so she can start later and have less kids.

As for the ED, I have to say I agree... She's incredibly tiny right now.

I think we'll get a runner, but I think it'll be one of the younger kids. I fear for what Jennifer's going to have to endure as a clearly very serious, introverted kid :( I think things will be VERY different in 5-10 years. When all of the oldest are married off and the family is smaller...I think it'll be a combination of the youngest kids seeing the more "normal" lives their siblings and neices and nephews (!) will likely be living, and the stifling atmosphere with only Jim Bob, a bunch of angsty teens and a mentally unwell, baby-obsessed and baby-deprived Michelle in that huge house. Can't help but think of Anna's joking "give me babies!!!" in this week's episode. Yep...that's Michelle.

I like to think that Jana's been giving them too much sass and that's why she was sent off. It's hard to imagine her sassing anyone because she always looks so sad :( I am just so curious why she spent so much time with Josh and Anna and WTF she is doing now - same with John David, though I care much less about him because he is an actual troll. Just repulsive. JD's cockiness and 9 year old sense of humor is starting to be worse than Josh IMO. Plus, he clearly gets a level of independence that his sisters his age do not. He just sort of disappears off the show (flying planes! without a chaperone!).

edit to say: while any of the girls could have an ED (total myth that all people with EDs are very thin!) I don't think it's fair to speculate. Plus, Jinger was always thin - not sure why people are saying she used to be bigger? I think she's just lost some of her face chubbiness, like most women do, and dresses in a way that shows her body a bit more.

Jana, Jinger and Joy must be thinking we are really stuck. With two sister slaves almost out the door; meaning all the work will fall on them with 2 less of the team. I really hope Jinger and Jana get out with in the next year and Joy just plain rebells against doing it all to Michelle and Boob! I would think JTTH for months is better than slaving at home.

Jana, Jinger and Joy must be thinking we are really stuck. With two sister slaves almost out the door; meaning all the work will fall on them with 2 less of the team. I really hope Jinger and Jana get out with in the next year and Joy just plain rebells against doing it all to Michelle and Boob! I would think JTTH for months is better than slaving at home.

JTTH lasts 10 days, not months, and I think it's fun for the girls, not punishment. However, if it did last months, then that would suck because at JTTH they fast on Thursdays. I don't know if the Christian version of fasting means no water, and if it's for 24 hours or if it might just be for 12 hours or something, but no food or water for 24 hours is really not something I'd be wanting to do every week for months.

I wonder if it really hits Jana hard because she sees the freedom JD has and he is exactly the same age. That has to do something to you mentally, you know?

Between Jill, Jana, Jessa, Joy, and Jinger I think if Jana gets really tired of the Bullshit her family does she would leave. I think the people you least expect will surprise you. Along with Jana I could see Joy totally leaving she isn't robotic like the rest of her sisters. Now I don't know about Jinger, Jill or Jessa. Jill is the Kool aid drinker Jessa is the princess and Jinger has spunk with dreams and goals. Maybe if she really wants to follow her dreams and goals and realize she can I could see Jinger leaving now that her friend is getting married.

I wonder if it really hits Jana hard because she sees the freedom JD has and he is exactly the same age. That has to do something to you mentally, you know?

Double standards. John gets a plane, works, and possibly has his own space. Doesn't have to help out with kids or cooking but Jana does. She has to follow JOY something her family doesn't even follow.

JTTH lasts 10 days, not months, and I think it's fun for the girls, not punishment. However, if it did last months, then that would suck because at JTTH they fast on Thursdays. I don't know if the Christian version of fasting means no water, and if it's for 24 hours or if it might just be for 12 hours or something, but no food or water for 24 hours is really not something I'd be wanting to do every week for months.

I'd rather dehydrate for a full day than go through what Jana does every day at home. :hand:

That interview happened over a year ago I believe. If Jinger was going to be punished for it then it's already happened because that happened long before all the courtship/engagement/wedding/baby news stuff happened. I doubt it's even something they discuss now.

I also don't like saying that Jinger has an eating disorder because she's skinny. She's always been skinny in my opinion. Plus I've been accused of having an eating disorder because I was thin and it's always bothered me when people make that assumption.

Another possibility for Jinger (besides being naturally thin or having an eating disorder) is that she is suffering from an anxiety disorder. That can wreak havoc on your digestive system, which in turn keeps you skinny. And of course, if Jinger is struggling with something along these lines, her parents would tell her to pray it away instead of getting her any real help.

As far as the other kids getting away, I still wonder why Josiah got shipped off to ALERT and why he has stayed there for several months. I am also concerned about Joy. While it's great that she is showing more attitude this season, some of her remarks (esp. those about not wanting to get married) might earn her an extended trip to JTTH or some other Gothard-approved hellhole.

Another possibility for Jinger (besides being naturally thin or having an eating disorder) is that she is suffering from an anxiety disorder. That can wreak havoc on your digestive system, which in turn keeps you skinny.

I had this when I was a teenager. I was a very small lady.

Could she be anxious because of all the extra parenting she is facing now Jill and Jessa have / are about to leave the brood?

Archived