IGNORED

Jinger won't run

Ella

Honestly I think the cooking, cleaning and laundry are going to most overwhelming parts for Jana and Jinger. There would have been a lot more childcare responsibility per J'slave back when Josie was a baby compared to now when Josie is nearly five years old. Everyone should be able to dress themselves and play on their own. Homeschooling might also be a lot of work but I've heard that's been farmed out to Mrs. Query.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any Duggar child is going to publicly leave the lifestyle while the show is on - they are all super invested in the show and maintaining the necessary image - the older kids remember life without the show and won't risk those perks.

The one exception I could see is if one of them fell in love with a non JimBob approved partner. They do meet people all the time, and if one of the adults fell deeply in love I can see them going with their hearts no matter what their parents thought, and following their beloved into a more secular life.

Add me to the list of people who will totally house Jinger, Jana or 'Siah (and add Joy to that list - gir's ripe for a break).

I would also like to be on that list.. Maybe we can find them shelter in each state...

I don't think any Duggar child is going to publicly leave the lifestyle while the show is on - they are all super invested in the show and maintaining the necessary image - the older kids remember life without the show and won't risk those perks.

The one exception I could see is if one of them fell in love with a non JimBob approved partner. They do meet people all the time, and if one of the adults fell deeply in love I can see them going with their hearts no matter what their parents thought, and following their beloved into a more secular life.

Yeah, that's why my money is on a Howler or a Lost Girl, they have nothing to lose because they never had to live (or actually remember) the pre camera life, they don't have that lurking in the back of their mind. As much as Jinger will always be my sentimental fave to run, she wants those cameras to stay because her life is much better with them.

(At the very least, I could see Joyless-Anna and/or Siah running for it 3 days after the cameras switch off for good.

I would also like to be on that list.. Maybe we can find them shelter in each state...

I've said it before but if ANY of those kids, including those over 18, need a place to stay I have room. I'd even figure out how to stash Josh, Anna, and their 3 kids if they need to go MIA.

I've said it before but if ANY of those kids, including those over 18, need a place to stay I have room. I'd even figure out how to stash Josh, Anna, and their 3 kids if they need to go MIA.

If they ever get to Aussie land and decided to stay, there are beds here for them too. :)

I felt so sorry for Jana having to alter those dresses while the rest of them ate bon bons or whatever. She looked unhappy that entire episode. and in her TH, she even questioned why she was stuck with the sewing.

Jana seems fairly introverted. Or perhaps she just truly doesn't like to be filmed. Hopefully she has some really good friends that she can let loose with and have some fun. But it seems as if dumping work on jana is now something that the other girls are willing to do as well, probably a result of seeing Michelle do it all these years.

I felt so sorry for Jana having to alter those dresses while the rest of them ate bon bons or whatever. She looked unhappy that entire episode. and in her TH, she even questioned why she was stuck with the sewing.

Jana seems fairly introverted. Or perhaps she just truly doesn't like to be filmed. Hopefully she has some really good friends that she can let loose with and have some fun. But it seems as if dumping work on jana is now something that the other girls are willing to do as well, probably a result of seeing Michelle do it all these years.

i think so. If they were out in the world for the majority of their friendships, their group activities and responsibilities would change often. But in a big family setting where they spend SO MUCH TIME together, specific roles can become ingrained expectations that always fall to the same people. The Popcorn Maker, The Lost Things Finder, The Funny One, The Photographer, The One Who's Good With Animals, The Crafter/Seamstress, The One Who Is Good at Entertaining Little Kids. It can be stifling.

i think so. If they were out in the world for the majority of their friendships, their group activities and responsibilities would change often. But in a big family setting where they spend SO MUCH TIME together, specific roles can become ingrained expectations that always fall to the same people. The Popcorn Maker, The Lost Things Finder, The Funny One, The Photographer, The One Who's Good With Animals, The Crafter/Seamstress, The One Who Is Good at Entertaining Little Kids. It can be stifling.

I think a combination of a shy nature and allocated tasks often leaves Jana with the bulk of things to do.

I had this when I was a teenager. I was a very small lady.

Could she be anxious because of all the extra parenting she is facing now Jill and Jessa have / are about to leave the brood?

It's probably an inborn personality trait. We didn't get to see Jinger as a young child, but I expect she was more like Jennifer than like Hannie. She may have felt more at ease in the family's pre-TV lifestyle, where things were orderly and predictable and there weren't TV people sending her off on "adventures", some of which she might actually find terrifying. (I remember in one episode, Jedidiah said he was afraid of heights and that he got it from Jinger.)

On that note, I was kind of surprised some of them were able to cry on camera. I feel like there were some real emotions going on there (and that the crying wasn't at all staged, at least not with Joy and Jinger), but even the finest actors find it difficult to cry on cue.

Maybe it was just one of those things where the director hid the camera, or left it running for so long that some of those pent-up emotions were able to come out. Or maybe they've simply been doing this for so long that it's easy to forget the cameras are there. If it was me, I guess I would have been too self-conscious of the cameras to let my emotions show.

I don't know, my sister and I are only somewhat close and had lived across the country for 10+ years when she finally got married. I was so overcome at the wedding, the tears and lip quivers started before I even reached the aisle. I wasn't in town when she picked out her dress, but had I been, I would have probably been an emotional mess just because I was so happy for her, and times like that (for me) remind me how much she means to me. Also, I sob when I see things like that on TV even, I'm a sobber. (though now it's been 6 or 7 years and I speak to her twice a year and can't imagine crying over anything related to her now) The duggar girls might be sobbers too, also, they probably have pent-up emotions about their lives that they can't release on a day-to-day basis because they have to be positive and keep sweet about EVERYTHING. They could have channeled all those issues into this opportunity as well.

10 days of indoctrination and exposure to a creepy old fart who has a history of sexually harassing and abusing girls. Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Frankly, I think after Jill, it was all downhill. The parents were in full on zone defense and just gave up.

My hubs is from a big family with 7 kids within a 10 year span. According to him, It was pretty feral in their home. Show one, do one, teach one. It's pretty hard for a 6 year old to be raising up a newborn.

These people are the poster family for how 2 parents cannot handle 19 children.

Yeah, that's why my money is on a Howler or a Lost Girl, they have nothing to lose because they never had to live (or actually remember) the pre camera life, they don't have that lurking in the back of their mind. As much as Jinger will always be my sentimental fave to run, she wants those cameras to stay because her life is much better with them.

(At the very least, I could see Joyless-Anna and/or Siah running for it 3 days after the cameras switch off for good.

I think 90% of the reason that this website is Free Jinger instead of Free Jessa or Free Josiah is that her name is so unique and easily remembered. The whole idea of "Free Jinger" started when the first show aired and one of the girls said "If I marry" and nobody could remember who it was but I think it was Jessa. I do remember it wasn't Jinger. But everyone attributed it to her because her name is the most unique. And that part got edited out of future versions of 14 Kids and Pregnant Again.

I think things will get very interesting once the show runs out. And this might happen sooner than later, cause by wedding No. 5 and grandchild No. 10 even the last viewers will start to get bored.

Now, having the tv show is a very important common ground for all of them. Not only for financial reasons, but most people, even if they had a bad childhood, don't want to expose their parents on national tv. So they have to play along.

Also, I think it's way too soon to determine who will run and who will stay. These kids are still so young, Even if they get married like Josh and Jill and vow to be Quiverfull and stay in fundiedom, you never know how things will be 10, 20 or even 30 years down the road. Some people manage to escape while their still very young, but there are others who stay in fundieland until their 40s or 50s.

But I don't think we have to wait this long, as it gets harder and harder for Boob and J'Chelle to maintain this strict control over their children.

Well, if they keep posting stupid offensive shit on social media, TLC may pull the plug despite the courtships, marriages, and births. Although, there is the old saying that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Not that this is at all helpful, but my two-cents is that it is literally impossible to tell who may or may not run - no matter the ages of the Duggar children. First, there are the cameras (as most people have mentioned). Second, the Duggarlings are all different ages right now and we don't know who any of them will be as actual adults - or if any of them will become what I would call an "actual adult." Last, and most important, we don't know the unmarried Duggar children at all. We really don't know them ... even though we like to think we do or we want to guess things like who will or will not run away from FundieLand forever etc. (I don't mean any of that in bad or condescending ways towards others on this forum so I really hope it doesn't come across that way).

I just think it's incredibly important to remember that each one of the Duggar children are severely brainwashed and part of a huge, very powerful, very scary cult. That is vastly different from how I would guess "most of" the people on this forum grew up and that makes guessing a downright gamble. I do love how some personalities are able to shine through, but even that could be for show purposes only: their behaviors are more scripted than imaginable. Just because one person is the one who is "out going" doesn't mean she or he is that way in "life". Granted, I think Joy is more outgoing than Jana, but that's mostly because this show has been on for so damn long. No matter how anyone behaves, we have to remember that they are brainwashed. That is NOT to say that they cannot escape because I VERY MUCH believe they can escape. I just know that escaping is harder than can be described and, at least in my experience, happens for reasons most people wouldn't/couldn't ever guess. Due to that, only time will tell and time might very well never tell the whole truth. How much "whole truth" does any person want to give about an abusive, brainwashed, traumatic, childhood in a cult ... particularly when the family is looked on so positively by not only fellow cult members, but also large parts of the American public?

Big, scary cult indeed. This article is fascinating and chilling. This is what the Duggars really stand for:

recoveringgrace.org/2014/09/living-by-principles/

Edited to break the link, but I'm not sure if that's necessary? I doubt Recovering Grace minds

I think things will get very interesting once the show runs out. And this might happen sooner than later, cause by wedding No. 5 and grandchild No. 10 even the last viewers will start to get bored.

Now, having the tv show is a very important common ground for all of them. Not only for financial reasons, but most people, even if they had a bad childhood, don't want to expose their parents on national tv. So they have to play along.

Also, I think it's way too soon to determine who will run and who will stay. These kids are still so young, Even if they get married like Josh and Jill and vow to be Quiverfull and stay in fundiedom, you never know how things will be 10, 20 or even 30 years down the road. Some people manage to escape while their still very young, but there are others who stay in fundieland until their 40s or 50s.

But I don't think we have to wait this long, as it gets harder and harder for Boob and J'Chelle to maintain this strict control over their children.

That's another reason I can see it being a lost girl or a younger howler. By the time they are ready to start courting, Boob and Mullet will be in their 60s. They probably won't find it as easy to keep up.

Am I the only one who thinks that josh and Anna have probably been enlightened to some new ideas living in the big city and not within spitting distance of the family? Anna has always made me cringe with that squeaky, baby sounding voice of hers but I will at least give her credit for trying different things. It may seem small but I notice she obviously tries new things with mckenzie's hair, tries cooking healthy foods, tries pinterest ideas (rainbow kabobs)! She is getting out of the house and going to fancy dinner events, dining out with Josh and looked almost fashionable in one of her instagram pics. Maybe they will come around at least to new ideas in general, by living in the city. She does at least spend one on one time with her kids, unlike Michelle. I can't believe the day has come where I praised Anna! Good grief! Anyone else?

An Undergroud Railroad for the Jslaves.

Jana, Jinger and Joy must be thinking we are really stuck. With two sister slaves almost out the door; meaning all the work will fall on them with 2 less of the team. I really hope Jinger and Jana get out with in the next year and Joy just plain rebells against doing it all to Michelle and Boob! I would think JTTH for months is better than slaving at home.

They (the Duggars) are like the Roman Empire, which got way too large to manage and in the end, it all fell down. Taxes, slavery, unemployment, and disease all contributed its fall.

The 2 girls leaving the infrastructure of the home will definitely "tax" Jana, Jinger, and Joy (Anna, count your lucky stars, because D.C. was your ticket out of "back-up sister-mom in the Duggar restructuring).

Slavery speaks for itself in the Duggar home. Those older girls are worked to death.

The "disease" is JB and J'chelle's inability to be truly content without a baby onboard. That's surely spilling over onto the fam.

As for unemployment, it will sweep in like the Barbarians and take down what was once their hallowed empire, and it will arrive in the form of their TLC show cancellation. When that happens is when, I believe, we will see where the glue holds and where it completely fails to hold together all the rules the Duggars have insisted on in the lives of their children.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Dim Bulb together again.

Am I the only one who thinks that josh and Anna have probably been enlightened to some new ideas living in the big city and not within spitting distance of the family? Anna has always made me cringe with that squeaky, baby sounding voice of hers but I will at least give her credit for trying different things. It may seem small but I notice she obviously tries new things with mckenzie's hair, tries cooking healthy foods, tries pinterest ideas (rainbow kabobs)! She is getting out of the house and going to fancy dinner events, dining out with Josh and looked almost fashionable in one of her instagram pics. Maybe they will come around at least to new ideas in general, by living in the city. She does at least spend one on one time with her kids, unlike Michelle. I can't believe the day has come where I praised Anna! Good grief! Anyone else?

I bet that Josh has also gotten some enlightenment working for FRC. I'm sure he's surrounded by many Godly men there (probably even in his church too) who don't have 19 kids and even wear shorts (and so do their wives...and pants too!) yet still faithfully serve the Lord. They would provide a much different role model for him than JB or even Gil Bates or the other patriarchs he's been around for most of his life.

I wonder if Anna was the one that Did Hannie's hair during the FRC event. It was very pretty and not something you'd normally see on a Duggar girl.

I've read a good bit of recovering grace, and I agree that none of us actually knows who will run or what form or timing that will take. I wish I could remember the author of one post who spoke about how difficult it was to go against the mindset of fundamentalism, even a very long time after she (pretty sure it was a she) left the group. Coupled with the isolation, not knowing anyone at all, and the lack of social skills, she found it doubly hard to put herself out there. She had very little cultural knowledge, and couldn't relate to people on a superficial level, either. So our Duggarlings would have all of that to overcome as well as the "sin" of rejecting their parental teachings. Much as I'd offer Josiah, Jinger, or Jana my extra bedroom, it wouldn't be that simple, I'm afraid. The thought of having to "bring up" a near-adult to speed on culture, sociability, and education, makes me cringe. Anything from "how to apply for a job and market your skills" to "how to open a bank account", buy car insurance, shop for one...

Archived