IGNORED

Louisiana Church Leads The Fight Against Gay Marriage. By ev

doggie

It seems some churches only goal is The gays. not helping others not Not judging others not helping the poor or people who have problems.

“As I am sure you are aware, God’s church, his written word, and its values and principles have come under a constant and aggressive attack from the homosexual and lesbian community,â€

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/loui ... /comments/

Louisiana church has told a local Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) chapter that it can no longer hold meetings at the facility in an attempt to prevent LGBT people from getting married.

In a letter to the Keithville AA group, Westwood Baptist Church advised that the organization would need to find a new place to meet starting on Oct. 1, 2014, according to KSLA.

“As I am sure you are aware, God’s church, his written word, and its values and principles have come under a constant and aggressive attack from the homosexual and lesbian community,†the letter explains. “Churches and Christian businesses alike, across our nation, are being forced, by our legal system, to accommodate these groups in the use of their buildings/facilities to perform marriage ceremonies, receptions, etc.â€

The church argued that a court decision said that it must “also accommodate the homosexual and lesbian community†if it allowed other groups to use the building.

People Acting for Change and Equality political director Adrienne Critcher pointed out to KSLA that no one was trying to force churches to perform same-sex weddings, which are not legal in Louisiana.

“Even if we have legalized gay marriage throughout the country no church will be forced to marry gay people if they don’t want to,†Critcher said.

absolutely ridiculous. i guess that christian charity and goodwill goes out the window whenever the slightest possibility of gay or lesbian rights or marriage come into play in the most remote way.

It's not like "the Gays" wear a sign saying "I'm Gay"... why on earth do churches feel they have a right to turn anyone away? only God is supposed to judge the person who arrives at the Pearly Gates, not us. We're supposed to Help People.... hello? What will AA do now? Probably cut off a set of meetings because they will have to rent a public space and they won't be able to afford that.

I rolled my eyes when the Boy Scouts were told they had to find a place to meet other than our (RC) school's lunchroom, and they had to get their stuff stored elsewhere as well.. Why? Because the ebil Boy Scouts wanted to have a local politician speak at the Eagle Ceremony (held OFF parish property) held for her cousin.. the ebil politician had voted for a bill that had a rider on it with something related to abortion.. the original bill was a good one, and the abortion issue rode on its coattails. No-win situation, there, and the politician, who'd gone to bat for the RC community many times at the state capital, was ousted from any more Catholic support. Shoot yourself in the foot whydontcha. Is there no sense anywhere? Just these hot button issues?

Archived