IGNORED

Katie Botkin strikes again!

Marian the Librarian

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the next Botkin family reunion! Katie (the sane)'s latest blog post blows the book “Navigating The Worldviews of Egypt," by Isaac and Geoff Botkin and David Noor, wide open. She also cites some of the we-always-blame-the-woman idiocy in A-S and E's "Good Girls and Problem Guys" webinar:

In a recent webinar, Anna Sophia and Elizabeth reference this passage, saying if you are being molested, you must cry out or the burden of sin is upon you also. They say this even after admitting that most women naturally freeze up under such circumstances.

Once again, Katie rocks.

kbotkin.com/2014/07/29/navigating-history-dominion-worldview-and-christian-jihad/

Katie Botkin is a woman that I would looove to have visit us for Fundy Friday. I bet she has stories. to. tell.

This caught my eye, given Vision Forum's recent scandal. Katie pointed out the passage in the Botkin's latest tome:

“Islam leaves it to women to protect themselves and society from destruction by choosing their clothing in such a way to completely shut them off from the world… In the Shariah legislation, a woman is guilty of adultery even when raped.

Right...just in Islam...no victim blaming ever goes on in super spechsul Christianity. :shifty-kitty:

A Puritan lady wore a long black dress that covered her almost from neck to toes. She wore a white apron and her hair was bunched up behind a white head-dress.â€

And this? No, no, no, not even close. The Puritans actually wore a variety of colors, it's only in pop culture mock-ups of the First Thanksgiving that they're seen wearing just the black and white. You'd think a family as obsessed with the Puritans (and dressing up like the Puritans) as they claim to be would read a book or two about them first.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the next Botkin family reunion! ....... Once again, Katie rocks.

Yes, she does rock. I drop in on her blog occasionally, and find her to be a thoughtful and insightful writer.

She tears apart G. Botkin et al. in that post and does it quite handily.

Well done, Katie.

Katie Botkin is a woman that I would looove to have visit us for Fundy Friday. I bet she has stories. to. tell.

Never mind Fundie Friday -- I'd love to have her here all the time (if she isn't a member already!).

She nailed the hypocrisy perfectly, of course - ThoseEvilMuslims have violence and sexism that is bad, bad, bad, but TrueChristian violence and sexism is dandy. :roll:

I'm not familiar with Katie. Is the last name coincidental?

Nope -- she's Geoff's niece.

Katie is awesome. How did someone like that end up sharing genetics with Anna Sophia and Elizabeth?

I wish Katie would come to FJ and play with us.

I wish Katie would come to FJ and play with us.

I wonder if she is aware of FJ. Has she ever mentioned this forum on her blog? She would be a wonderful visitor! I cackle every time I think of the look on Geoff's face when he reads Katie's blog (because I know he does).

Has she had any contact with the whole Geoff Botkin clan recently?

Geographically, I think the G. Botkin clan lives in Tennessee and Katie lives in northern Idaho.

Anyone know if the Geoff Botkins are still in Tennessee? Aren't they originally from New Zealand?

Katie has commented before on her blog about some of E & A-S's writings. Katie is always factual and objective in deconstructing things, though, and never personal.

Geographically, I think the G. Botkin clan lives in Tennessee and Katie lives in northern Idaho.

Anyone know if the Geoff Botkins are still in Tennessee? Aren't they originally from New Zealand?

I don't think the Botkins are from New Zealand. They only moved there briefly for a few years, whilst Geoff failed to implement his 200-year plan, which included his son becoming the Prime Minister of New Zealand.

That was very well done.

I am, however, still struck dumb whenever reading what the Botkin's write/say. They are so...stupid. What worse, there are people who follow and believe them.

When did any god say to check your brains at the door?

That was very well done.

I am, however, still struck dumb whenever reading what the Botkin's write/say. They are so...stupid. What worse, there are people who follow and believe them.

When did any god say to check your brains at the door?

Silly fundiefan, women don't have brains. So there is no need for all that door-checking nonsense. Leave the thinking to the men, dear.

Katie is awesome. How did someone like that end up sharing genetics with Anna Sophia and Elizabeth?

Actually I find Katie even more fascinating, because to me, it's what Anna Sophia and Elizabeth could have been.

I don't actually find Anna Sophia and Elizabeth personally stupid (in terms of basic capabilities), just incredibly misled and sheltered when they were younger. They do have a sort of curiosity we don't see in other fundies (Shrader, the Duggars) and are fairly well read. It's just that their parents used them and their adolescent, immature views for their own agenda.

The SAHD, bibilical femininity thing has been so publicized that the two women are inextricably linked to something they started expousing (with heavy pressure from their father) when they were teenagers. Now, nearing thirty, single, and without any job skills, they've painted themselves in a corner and have to stick with their earlier philosophies to keep up the act, so they desperately just look for select quotes to support their ill-founded points from years ago.

I do have some sympathy for their situation, but I also completely agree that the dumb, dangerous crap that they are spouting needs to be called out.

Have we discussed Katie Botkin's connections with Doug Wilson's Christ Church and/or Evan Wilson's All Souls Church?

Have we discussed Katie Botkin's connections with Doug Wilson's Christ Church and/or Evan Wilson's All Souls Church?

I don't think so. Why? Is there some kind of scandal? (my mind just goes there naturally) She discusses Doug on her blog.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Katie was ever a member of Douglas Wilson's church. However, she did eviscerate his words pretty well when the story about Phillips sexual misbehavior broke and Wilson defended him.

I am also given to understand that her family has fairly infrequent contact with her uncle's family. FWIW

PS: I'm a total fan. Her posts make me think. I may not always agree, but the thinking is the important part.

I don't think so. Why? Is there some kind of scandal? (my mind just goes there naturally) She discusses Doug on her blog.

Well, I remembered that she mentioned Doug Wilson somewhere, and I assumed she wasn't a proponent of his teachings. BUT, if you check out her fb page, she and her family are pretty closely tied with the people of Christ Church and All Souls. There's a few pictures of them at the church, and many of their fb friends are hard-core Doug Wilson fans. Just makes me wonder exactly where she stands in the whole thing? Are her parents or siblings involved with Christ Church but she isn't? I haven't read back in her blog posts, so maybe it's explained somewhere in there....

(And regarding Doug Wilson, there are a few threads on here discussing the scandal of sexual abusers being protected by the church leaders of Christ Church. And of course, his weird teachings in general.)

Well, I remembered that she mentioned Doug Wilson somewhere, and I assumed she wasn't a proponent of his teachings. BUT, if you check out her fb page, she and her family are pretty closely tied with the people of Christ Church and All Souls. There's a few pictures of them at the church, and many of their fb friends are hard-core Doug Wilson fans. Just makes me wonder exactly where she stands in the whole thing? Are her parents or siblings involved with Christ Church but she isn't? I haven't read back in her blog posts, so maybe it's explained somewhere in there....

(And regarding Doug Wilson, there are a few threads on here discussing the scandal of sexual abusers being protected by the church leaders of Christ Church. And of course, his weird teachings in general.)

I did a search for "Wilson" on her blog and it appears that she attended college in Moscow, where Wilson's church is, and knew people who went to his (Doug Wilson's) church and ended up reading his books (and "going to his talks"). They also took an English class together. She has one blog post where she describes that for a long time she remained neutral about him and had to write about him for the school paper.

Archived