IGNORED

Christian Group Plans Fast to protest gay marriage but can

doggie

ok we are going to fast but it really means we will eat and eat spiritual food. what the hell is the point? and why are some Christians such wimps that they can't do much of anything for their faith?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/26 ... y-can-eat/

Taking a page from Mahatma Gandhi’s playbook, a Virginia anti-gay Christian group hopes to stop the legalization of gay marriage by fasting in protest. They are also realist. Recognizing that not eating is really hard and unpleasant, organizers told participants they were allowed to eat during their fast, because that will just make things so much easier. And hey, we can’t all be Gandhi.

Family Foundation is planning a 40-day “fast†(from here on out, let’s use quotes around the word to signify that it isn’t really fasting) to bring awareness to their problems with gay marriage being legalized. After learning that the Supreme Court may hear one of several cases about the legalization of same-sex marriage starting in October, the group decided to time their protest to coincide with the start of the hearing.

The group – which opposes everything from abortion to gay marriage to riverboat gambling (?) – says that they know the fight against gay marriage won’t be easy, describing it as a “David vs. Goliath battle.†They explain how the cards are stacked against them, explaining, “The federal government, the news media, Hollywood, the public education system and big business all are arrayed on the side of same-sex ‘marriage.’ Only the church stands in support of God’s design for marriage.â€

To stop the progress, the group knew they had to do something drastic.

In a call to action, the group wrote:

“Jesus has issued a trumpet call and declared a holy fast to gather his people together for a time of consecration, to purify our way of thinking and cleanse our way of living.

“Our state and nation are mired in confusion and post-modern thinking and nowhere is this more evident than in the current debate raging about what constitutes marriage.

“The Supreme Court begins their session on October 6th. We fully expect them to take a marriage case sometime in the next year.

“Join us for 40 Days of Prayer, Fasting and Repentance for Marriage from August 27 through October 5, 2014.â€

Only the “fasting†part of Fasting and Repentance for Marriage, won’t be as dramatic as one would think. In a follow-up, the group added that they “are asking the entire Body of Christ to join us for this feast – giving up physical food isn’t necessary – but feeding on the spiritual food provided is vital.â€

How do they not notice that this makes absolutely no sense?

well if they start noticing what does not make sense they will loose their faith :nenner: logic is not a strong trait is such people. The thing is what is this even going to do? I mean is god going to zap the gays if the pseudo fasting is effective? and why does god need their prayer to act?

Hmmm.... I'm Christian, but oddly, I didn't get some trumpet call from Jesus about fasting but not fasting. Maybe it's on my voice mail? What the hell is wrong with these people.

Hmmm.... I'm Christian, but oddly, I didn't get some trumpet call from Jesus about fasting but not fasting. Maybe it's on my voice mail? What the hell is wrong with these people.
you just did not get the super special PIN number to access that voicemail. Be hard wrong with then? They were born?

Even if it were a real fast, what exactly are they attempting to accomplish? Do they honestly think anyone cares if people choose not to feed themselves? Are we supposed to deny civil rights to a large group of people because a handful of idiots decides not to eat? They've lost the battle, it's time to step aside and let progress proceed. If they are against gay marriage, fine. I suggest they refrain from marrying someone of the same gender. They do not, however, have the right to make that decision for others.

Didn't Gandhi’s fast ( a REAL fast) in FAVOR of rights? How can they "take a page from his book" and fast yo deny rights?

There's a Zen koan in there, somewhere.

How about "What is the sound of one bigot fasting?"

Of course, this koan has an answer:

"Nom nom nom, munch, crunch, yummy!"

:soda: :pickle: :bacon: :martini: :cupcake: :pizza: :hotdog: :pickle: :h-kiss: :occasion-cake::text-givemebeer:

Even if it were a real fast, what exactly are they attempting to accomplish? Do they honestly think anyone cares if people choose not to feed themselves? Are we supposed to deny civil rights to a large group of people because a handful of idiots decides not to eat? They've lost the battle, it's time to step aside and let progress proceed. If they are against gay marriage, fine. I suggest they refrain from marrying someone of the same gender. They do not, however, have the right to make that decision for others.

:pray: :clap:

Governor GoodHair (otherwise known as Rick Perry) declared August 6th, 2011 a day of prayer and fasting with this official proclamation from the Governor's Office:

In the spirit of the Book of Joel, Chapter 2, Verses 15-16, I urge a solemn gathering of prayer and fasting. As those verses admonish: "15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly... 16 Gather the people, consecrate the assembly..." As Jesus prayed publicly for the benefit of others in John 11:41-42, so should we express our faith in this way.

However, as reported, people (total crowd was ~ 30,000) were really into prayer but fasting, not so much.

The fasting was less conspicuous: long queues formed at Prince's Hamburgers, Tejas Nachos, Five Star Dogs and other fast-food stands inside the cavernous arena.

The proper answer is that they're trying to convince God to take some action-smite all the unbelievers or somesuch (that would also get rid of all those pesky Dem voters and ppl who want to take their guns away.).

The snarky side of me just hopes it's the ultimate version of taking their cricket set and going home. Starving yourself to death is one way to not have to live in a country where gay ppl can marry.

Now surely Josh isn't fasting for 40 days. Maybe he'll just forgo chick fil a. Or maybe just fries with his chick fil a

he has been mentally fasting for a long time. He believes starve the mind feed the body.

Now surely Josh isn't fasting for 40 days. Maybe he'll just forgo chick fil a. Or maybe just fries with his chick fil a

He has decided he will only have one portion, instead of two. And he wont go to McDonalds afterwards. And will choose diet coke instead of regular.

Archived