IGNORED

God wants her to be a lawyer and he will pay for it.

doggie

God wants her to be a lawyer so she can do good? seems she does not know lawyer reality. But hey god who makes people open their wallets to pay her way through school is so cool. really she sounds like a spoiled christian kid that wants to be taken care of.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/23 ... out-loans/

While many of us know the gnashing of teeth that comes from taking out tens of thousands of dollars to pay for college, Battenfield viewed it as a challenge. Rather than deal with decades of loan repayments, why not set up a Kickstarter-like crowdfunding campaign to simply have other people pay for her to go to school? It worked for the potato salad guy.

Conveniently, she claims God told her verbally that she was to do this and also added that she must not take out any private loans. It wasn’t just a nice way to finance her education without having to pay a dime, it was a divine commandment.

Battenfield didn’t always want to be a lawyer, but she said God told her she must become one so that she can help people. After much self-reflection, she decided to trust in what her faith was telling her and enrolled in (should have seen this coming) televangelist Pat Robertson’s Regents University School of Law.

via Operation Law School

She explains on her website titled “Operation Law School†the motivations for going and why she needs our help to do it:

[A]fter much prayer and wise counsel, I have decided to let you in on this part of my life so that you will know what God is doing in and through me.

I do not believe in taking out student loans because the Word of God says not to, and He asked me specifically not to, so I have permanently declined my loans in faith, trusting that He will provide the full amount.

She then goes on to assuage our natural fears that she is just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake.

“I am not just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake. I’m doing it because the Father asked me to go for a very specific, strategic reason.â€

She also adds that it will be really great because with all this money she hopes we give her – which she calls “going on His dime†– she will end college 100% debt-free. In this day and age, with college tuition skyrocketing each year, that does constitute a minor miracle.

[bBvideo 560,340:326833wv]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5QwGLy4_Jw[/bBvideo]

At least she has ambition, and isn't wanting to stay at home all day and then get married and pop out a million babies....

But still, its very entitled to expect other people to pay for her education.

Sounds like something Raquel would say...though I hope she really isn't that entitled. Poor girl, once she enters the real world she'll realize God isn't a magic wish granting genie like she clearly thinks he is.

At least she has ambition, and isn't wanting to stay at home all day and then get married and pop out a million babies....

But still, its very entitled to expect other people to pay for her education.

god paying through others get your facts right (g). I don't think she has a clue about what it takes to be a lawyer

www DOT operationlawschool.com/

And I believe that I will be going on His dime, 100% debt-free.

Wooooooooooow. I guess no one needs to donate then. God will materialize and hand her a check, or drop a purse with money in front of her (just ignore the old lady's ID in the wallet).

I love this she is going to the worst school so I guess she will be the worst lawyer?

However, I will not be attending your average law school.

And I am not your average law student.

crosslites.com/scholarship.aspx/Essay/3aa2ffe3387be65eb92541fb8f8ad02a

Quote: But after that year and a half of deep soul searching, I found it. My calling. I am called to be an adoption attorney that fights for justice for the unborn and the child slave.

I do not believe in taking out student loans because the Word of God says not to

There were student loans in Biblical times? :lol:

I know, I know, the Bible probably says something like, "no debt" (which would explain the Duggars' hardcore anti-debt stance), but the way this is worded implies the Bible says no specifically to student loans. Sounds like someone was educated at the SOTDRT :P

The Bible doesn't forbid taking loans. However, the OT forbids collecting interest on loans. Since Christians feel free to pick and choose from the OT it's easy to use that as justification for how loans are unacceptable. The NT does say some things about not going into debt to dissuade people from materialism, but does not forbid taking loans.

Islam is much more strict about interest, hence there's a whole "Islamic loan" industry to get around it.

Why didn't God give her good enough LSAT scores to get a scholarship? In the US, with its billionty law schools, it's not hard to do.

I suspect this "Christianity" is equally a cover for laziness and entitlement...

As someone who recently finished law school, this girl drives me nuts.

There are plenty of us who work throughout law school. You can still get good grades while working, it just requires good time management.

On her budget… why exactly does she need someone to make her car payments and pay for her gas. Ever heard of a public transit pass? Entitled brat.

Taking bets right here: She actually finishes and sits for the bar exam. Any takers?

Taking bets right here: She actually finishes and sits for the bar exam. Any takers?

Not here. I think the odds are pretty good that even if she does go, she'll find herself God will introduce her to her husband and she'll drop out to vacuum the carpeting and greet her husband at the door wrapped in cellophane.

ETA: Anaconda hunter! Woot! My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hon...

I hated the below quote, mostly because I have friends and relatives who went to law school for specific reasons and they would be annoyed with this girl.

“I am not just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake. I’m doing it because the Father asked me to go for a very specific, strategic reason.”

The girl has ambition, but as previous posters have pointed out, she has an entitled attitude about a few things like the car payments. I understand that in some situations it is best to have a personal car, but she should be the one to be paying for that. Even though I'm an atheist, I still like the saying, "God helps those, who help themselves." The girl needs to put some of her own money into her law school years even if it for a car, housing, and other things. She needs to realize that there is nothing wrong with taking out loans. You have to be responsible with loans.

If she does complete law school and passes the bar and starts a legal career, I hope she doesn't rub her "I'm debt free" attitude in her colleagues' faces. She will encounter lawyers, law students, or others in the legal community who had to take out loans, or put in personal or family money into their education expenses.

“I am not just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake. I’m doing it because the Father asked me to go for a very specific, strategic reason.â€

I, for one, would love to know this super special extra Godly reason that she was called to law school. I'm guessing it has something to do with attempting to reverse Roe Vs. Wade.

crosslites.com/scholarship.aspx/Essay/3aa2ffe3387be65eb92541fb8f8ad02a

Quote: But after that year and a half of deep soul searching, I found it. My calling. I am called to be an adoption attorney that fights for justice for the unborn and the child slave.

Is that quote for real? Is she that stupid? First of all, what she is referring to would generally be called a family law attorney, not adoption attorney. Second, how does family law attorney fight for the unborn and a child slave? Is she planning to represent the two month-old fetus of the women walking into a clinic that provides abortions? How exactly does that work since the fetus does not have legal rights? Who is this child slave? A fundie kid raising their siblings? I feel like she uses these generalities she thinks makes her sound like she is smart and has it all together.

All I know, is that Jesus never told me to go to law school. I just did. He didn't pay my tuition. I have the federal government to thank for giving me nearly $100k in loans to go, although it could be argued that is how Jesus provided for my tuition. Then again, I am a Catholic living on the west coast so, in the fundy world, Jesus is probably unhappy with me so he doesn't want to talk to me.

Is that quote for real? Is she that stupid?

Yes.

As someone who recently finished law school, this girl drives me nuts.

There are plenty of us who work throughout law school. You can still get good grades while working, it just requires good time management.

On her budget… why exactly does she need someone to make her car payments and pay for her gas. Ever heard of a public transit pass? Entitled brat.

I know attorneys who graduated without any debt by working their asses off, getting scholarships and grants, doing fundraisers that involved doing more than begging for donations (one of my attorney-friends paid for all her books and supplies each year by holding a weekly donate-what-you-want pancake breakfast is a surprisingly good fundraiser), and living very far below their means. No car, definitely not one still on payments. No gas. Bus. I'm not saying everyone can do what those two did, but I'm not seeing any effort from this girl. At all.

www DOT operationlawschool.com/

Wooooooooooow. I guess no one needs to donate then. God will materialize and hand her a check, or drop a purse with money in front of her (just ignore the old lady's ID in the wallet).

I have been contemplating going back to school to finish by bachelor's degree. I believe this is a sign from God that I can do it! On his dime! Would someone please provide me the link so I can immediately begin applying to the Scholarships Straight from God Foundation?

Maybe Cabinetman can hire her once she graduates.

I can see that happening and I can also see people who are ATI or VF hiring her stuff, but then again they might not want to hire a female lawyer. On a related note, maybe this girl should ask the Duggars for donations.

I, for one, would love to know this super special extra Godly reason that she was called to law school. I'm guessing it has something to do with attempting to reverse Roe Vs. Wade.

That, and also to address the post that follows this, yes there are "adoption attorneys." They are not family law attorneys, they specifically arrange and do the legal work to provide adopters with children, and they make their money specifically by hooking up women in crisis with people who want their children and are willing to pay an "adoption attorney" lots of money to get them. Many (I can't say most, I guess) play fast and loose with ethics.

I'm sure this idiot absolutely believes that she has been called to reverse Roe v. Wade by ensuring that young pregnant women -- and those in the evangelical communities are ripe for the picking -- carry to term and surrender their children to good Christian couples.

Curious to see if anyone picks up the $100,000 or more tab for that.

Archived