IGNORED

The annual some might call a vacation and a conference!

SPHASH

lol! sweet. That would be tempting to throw in some silly stuff, thinking the person grading it would just skim and miss the jokes...

But knowing the Maxwells they did probably READ the whole thing. :sleeping-boring:

Nobody graded me, I did I cuz I was bored. Heh.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol! sweet. That would be tempting to throw in some silly stuff, thinking the person grading it would just skim and miss the jokes...

But knowing the Maxwells they did probably READ the whole thing. :sleeping-boring:

I did it cuz I was bored... And so I could say things were in the bible that weren't. Heh.

I wondered about those lightening talks too. Sarah, who explains every detail of why Mary was wearing a sweatshirt in the bus, leaves us hanging with the lightening talks.

They are lightning, not lightening, talks. In meetings I've been to, a lightning talk is a very brief, like 5 minute, talk, that doesn't go into detail. The short duration allows multiple to stand up and have their say.

Although if they are trying to remove the "burden" from their hearts, "lightening" might be more appropriate. :P

I like how the caption "Mom was excited with her first Schedule Triage session as the ladies were highly engaged." is under a picture of Teri looking depressed and withdrawn.

I like how the caption "Mom was excited with her first Schedule Triage session as the ladies were highly engaged." is under a picture of Teri looking depressed and withdrawn.

lol had to check that out. :D

post-10046-14451999250364_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999250563_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999250745_thumb.jpg

(because business questions are predictable and impersonal?)

post-10046-14451999250964_thumb.jpg

At least their dresses are pretty.

Lots of empty seats from what I can see.

In the first picture of sad Teri, the lady in the front row reminds me of Mullet. Well, the back of her head does.

Does anyone else get Teri and and the Botkin mom confused? I always picture them incorrectly in my head. Poor beaten down women.

They are lightning, not lightening, talks. In meetings I've been to, a lightning talk is a very brief, like 5 minute, talk, that doesn't go into detail. The short duration allows multiple to stand up and have their say.

Although if they are trying to remove the "burden" from their hearts, "lightening" might be more appropriate. :P

'Lightening' has been corrected to 'lightning.'

Ohai, Steve! :dance:

What would Steve do without our help?

Looks like no more than 10 families showed up. How can this possibly be financially successful? How many adults driving around on a bus in order to sell a couple hundred dollars worth of Maxwell crap?

I guess for the Maxwells looking like you fell asleep standing up is exciting.

It looks like the Maxwells are trying to drum up more business with their "new" sessions. I'm surprised they got any takers. Their conferences are just infomercials for their products. Do people actually take away useful and pertinent information from these "sessions"?

Re: the Maxwells making everything out to be so "special" and unique. As many FJites have noted, the Maxwells like to present themselves as the Stepford wives of the fundie circuit. In their world, everything is beige. Everything happens in perfect synchronicity. Everyone is happy.

Family members interact only with each other, and occasionally they come down from their perch to preach and tell the rest of us how we should live our lives. When was the last time Steve (or any of the Maxwells) engaged in an activity that didn't involve them preaching to an audience? When was the last time they acted as truly humble servants to humanity? Even during their (long ago) homeless shelter evangelizing, where Maxwell-made cookies were provided, included one of the Maxwell men preaching to those poor souls. The Maxwells like to think they present an aura of holiness and know-how. That others would want to look to them for advice. Instead, they are being seen, even by other fundies, as being freakin' weird and cultish. I think Steve is starting to see that with the disappearance of their Inspire! conference. Their Energize! conference may get a recent uptick of interest, but I feel it will also die down quickly as people realize that it's the same old dog-and-pony show dressed up in different Maxwellian weirdness. What will the Maxwells do then?

Seems that TBN is advertising their Holy Land Experience on the Maxwell blog....

Jan C says:

July 23, 2014 at 7:28 am

Dear Sarah,

Our family is intending to attend your Energize! conference in Orlando, Florida this fall!! We are scheduled to visit acquaintance’s in the area and also hope to visit the Holy Land Experience!

Glad your conference was a universal success and look forward to fellowshipping with your family.

with love and blessings

Jan C

PS If you need any help with the set up, I have a couple of willing sons, please feel free to email me :-)

>>>>>>>>

We’ll look forward to meeting your family. Ask Mary, the coordinator about helping. Usually, there are needs. Thank you and looking forward to meeting your family.

Seems that TBN is advertising their Holy Land Experience on the Maxwell blog....

Well done Jan C!

They made their sessions shorter. Ha ha. Less of their yap worked well.

I wonder what was burdening their poor little hearts? Not enough people signing up for 1tonramp? Not enough people buying the chore packs? Not enough people buying Sarah's books? I am sure their hearts are heavy at the thought of all those books gathering dust in the basement.

That brainstorming session is sure paying off. Looks like all the money spent on snack food was well worth it.

And DEATH.

Oh, but thinking of DEATH doesn't burden the Maxwells -- it makes them gleefully happy, in their self-righteous knowledge that they are going to heaven, and the fun of haranguing the rest of us about how to get there.

Oh, but thinking of DEATH doesn't burden the Maxwells -- it makes them gleefully happy, in their self-righteous knowledge that they are going to heaven, and the fun of haranguing the rest of us about how to get there.

I hope one day Steven doesn't go completely off his rocker and insist that the family join him in a mass suicide so they can go be with their Jesus.

Do you think anyone in that family would have the cajones and sense to say "no"?

Well done Jan C!

A couple of willing sons? Is she trying to pimp them off on Sarah Maxwell, or are they "always willing", like lydia of Purple's daughter?

Would the sons of the head of TBN be good enough for Steve's spawn or are they too worldly? How would Sarah look with cotton candy colored hair?

Archived