IGNORED

The annual some might call a vacation and a conference!

SPHASH

Steve's looking a little tubby. Are those man-boobs peeking through his polo shirt? Is that a belly protruding over his belt? I wouldn't normally even notice something like that on anyone else, but since Steve eats two animal crackers in the place of birthday cake constantly preaches about controlling one's "appetites"...I just find it interesting. :naughty:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary and John are really coming away with all the looks in that family, aren't they? I'm feeling rather defrauded watching him handle that wheel :embarrassed:

And yeah, Steve definitely looks as though he's putting on a bit of weight.

I don't remember that, but that is just awful. Sarah has been well and truly crushed. I wonder what its like inside her mind...just emptiness? Is her inner voice Steve's and constantly has him telling her what to do? Does she ever feel bored or sad, or is there just a lot of nothingness? Does she realise what she is missing, or does she have no natural curiosity left?

They really failed at homeschooling. Part of teaching a kid isn't just teaching them facts, but teaching them methods to work things out for themselves and encouraging them to learn from the world around them. They don't have a single bit of imagination between them, and that is sad. Being able to work out that the people who were riding their bikes together were racing is something that a three or four year old should be able to do. I know kids under 10 who can write stories better than Sarah can, and use their imagination to think of ideas instead of only being able to write about things that personally happened. Her writing style is like a child's too, all stilted and unnatural sounding. The blog is written like it was written by a child too, every time we have seen things written by the "kids" it is the same-none of them have imagination or the social skills to write a decent conversation that sounds like people said it, or to be able to write about their day without it getting boring, or the ability to understand what things need detail and which don't and leave out unnecessary details.

If that is supposed to be an advertisement for homeschooling, it isn't working.

It must suck to be a Maxwell.

Mary and John are really coming away with all the looks in that family, aren't they? I'm feeling rather defrauded watching him handle that wheel :embarrassed:

And yeah, Steve definitely looks as though he's putting on a bit of weight.

John, my fundie crush! OK, so I have to share, I had a dream about the Maxwells last night. Disappointingly, John was nowhere to be found! However, I took Sarah to get a sassy pixie haircut, and then we all watched a movie and I started trying to teach them all about pop culture. We were all nervous that Steve would get home and ruin the fun. Fin.

It would probably kill Sarah, Anna, & Mary if they traded places with the Kardashian/Jenner sisters. But Stevhovah and Terrified Maxwell meeting and spending a week with Kris "Lucifer's Homegirl" Jenner would very interesting.

Every time I see their posed sitting at the computer but smiling at the camera, I think of Airplane!

tsa_movie-300x300.jpg?w=300

Every time I see their posed sitting at the computer but smiling at the camera, I think of Airplane!

I cannot stop laughing.

If anyone is within driving distance of Loveland go and ask one of them how Gigi and Grandad are doing.

That guy looks like he could be Nate or Joe.

That guy looks like he could be Nate or Joe.

OT

Not only was Steven Stucker (the guy with the cord) a great comic actor, he was a really nice person as well. Back in my college days we went to see Kentucky Fried Theater on Pico, and my friend and I were sitting in the front row. She had on flip flops and had her feet resting on the lip of the stage. During a sketch he knelt down and started doing This Little Piggy on her toes. We laughed so hard I'm surprised we didn't pee our pants. He's missed. Died of AIDS in 1986. :fsm:

That picture really does look like a Maxwell boy. I wonder how their conference went. They haven't updated the blog.

They just made a new post. Mary had to outline the whole Bible as part of her graduaction requirement. Does anyone know if the others had to do the same thing.

Teri will finally have to admit she's no longer a homeschooling mother..... I'm convinced she's delayed Mary's "graduation" so she can keep hanging onto that identity.

I think Jesse and John had to do an in depth study of a book of the bible to graduate, not outline the whole damn book, whatever that's meant to entail, apart, of course, from keeping Mary occupied and brainwashed throughout the end of her adolescence and keeping her from questioning what awaits her after graduation.

If anyone is within driving distance of Loveland go and ask one of them how Gigi and Grandad are doing.

There's no way I would attend any of that mess but if I can get any information out of my MIL about it without seeming too weird I will report back.

The older kids had to do "Bible Outlining", too. I'm not really sure what that entails, though.

We were treated to some very exiting photos of windshield washing and filling up Uriah's gas tank. How can I stand that excitement?

That picture really does look like a Maxwell boy. I wonder how their conference went. They haven't updated the blog.

The Lord blessed their conference and fixed Uriah's latest break when prayers were lifted. Hearts were open. The D family prepared lunch/dinner for them. Moms were so grateful for Teri's message. Their concert was well attended and their music well received. Set up/load out went well with the blessing of young volunteers.

Photos of families and young siblings, and Steve in earnest discussion with a few dads. People gathered around the sales table. Lunch on a paper plate. Steve at the wheel on the way home.

Place your bets. How many points will I have predicted?

The older kids had to do "Bible Outlining", too. I'm not really sure what that entails, though.

I'm imagining Mary with a giant yellow highlighter.

The Lord blessed their conference and fixed Uriah's latest break when prayers were lifted. Hearts were open. The D family prepared lunch/dinner for them. Moms were so grateful for Teri's message. Their concert was well attended and their music well received. Set up/load out went well with the blessing of young volunteers.

Photos of families and young siblings, and Steve in earnest discussion with a few dads. People gathered around the sales table. Lunch on a paper plate. Steve at the wheel on the way home.

Place your bets. How many points will I have predicted?

Remember that the "young people" were so grateful for Joseph's message and their hearts were opened by The Lord to receive it.

They just made a new post. Mary had to outline the whole Bible as part of her graduaction requirement. Does anyone know if the others had to do the same thing.

Now there's a life skill! Oh come on Steve and Teri!! Isn't it enough she can vacuum the bus with a smile and make burrito filing? After all that's what a woman is for when she's not horizontal with her husband.... :angry-banghead:

:shock:

and now, for a Leviticus family tree diagram! from memory!

I don't understand why they need to outline the Bible. Don't they basically have it memorized?

I don't understand why they need to outline the Bible. Don't they basically have it memorized?

And read it multiple times a day as part of their normal routine, not just for school.

Archived