IGNORED

Before You Meet Prince Charming

Mandysue

Has anyone here actually read this book? Has anyone actually read this book?

I was wondering because it seems to be required reading for fundie girls.

What do the guys read when they are waiting on Princess Charming? Are males born with innate knowledge of all things?

Has anyone here actually read this book? Has anyone actually read this book?

I was wondering because it seems to be required reading for fundie girls.

What do the guys read when they are waiting on Princess Charming? Are males born with innate knowledge of all things?

I've never read the book, but the girl who wrote it really creeped me out on the show. "PURITY IS SOMETHING WE CAN BE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT!!" ... :cray-cray: And yes, I assume men are born with all the knowledge they will ever need, on any subject.

There's a website somewhere where someone deconstructs it, but I don't remember the link.

One of the main plot points involves a princess and an alligator. The person reading the book said she kept wishing the alligator would eat the princess and put us of of our misery.

Apparently it's written by this woman who has never dated...I think. If it is, then why would anyone want to take dating or relationship advice from her? It'd be like me learning about brain surgery from a plumber.

Apparently it's written by this woman who has never dated...I think. If it is, then why would anyone want to take dating or relationship advice from her? It'd be like me learning about brain surgery from a plumber.

Yep, by Sarah Mally. About 30 and still single.

Yea strange SM hasn't found her prince charming. She is just rehashing what her parents say like the authors most of these books do. You can almost predict what ill be in them: stay sweet, dating is evil, be your parent's happy obedient helper until the one comes, daddy knows best.

I bet Jill has the entire book memorized as many times as she's talked about it on the show. I picture her screaming quotes from it at Derick while in labor with their children. Poor Derick.

Sarah Mally is 34 and still waiting for Prince Charming....

I thought the suggested searches on google were telling....

"Sarah Mally"

eqe3e4e6.jpg

"Sarah Mally a"

5equhune.jpg

fundies like the duggers love to take and give advice on thing they have no experience with at all. this book is one small example. the girls giving advice they know nothing about? and the absolute worst example gothard giving marriage and child advice. this shows the extreme gullibility of fundies.

Why was anorexia on the list?

Sarah Mally is painfully thin. Her arms are pretty much skin and bone, and it's obvious, even through five layers of clothes, that she is underweight. She used to have a little more weight on her, so I can see why there is, rightly or wrongly, speculation about an eating disorder.

For comparison, if you haven't seen Sarah Mally, picture Sarah Maxwell. Now, picture her minus about 15 lbs. That's Sarah Mally.

I googled her... Oh yes she is painfully thin, she looks emaciated, her face, her arms... She doesn't look like someone just naturally lean, she looks rather ill IMO, anorexia or something else I don't know :?

Penthouse? Christiandomesticdiscipline.com? (Check your blood pressure before going to the latter.)

Sarah Mally is indeed painfully, frighteningly thin, 34, and still waiting for Prince Charming. I'd say that Sarah Maxwell has a good 20 lbs advantage over Sarah Mally. Sarah Maxwell is just slender.

I bet Jill has the entire book memorized as many times as she's talked about it on the show. I picture her screaming quotes from it at Derick while in labor with their children. Poor Derick.

At some point, Jill got herself a man. And she traveled halfway around the world to meet him. That's not exactly staying at home and waiting for Prince Charming.

Eventually she will either find out Prince Charming will never come or he ends up being a frog. I am just waiting for her to write a sex book

post-9025-14451999235746_thumb.jpgI'm not normally an alarmist about eating issues. For instance, I know others worry about the weight of the Duggar and Maxwell girls, but I've always just thought they looked thin (they could still have eating disorders, but I didn't find their appearance itself alarming).

However, Sarah Mally's weight really is worrisome. Especially in the picture above. Keep in mind that waist and those hips are under multiple layers of unflattering clothing.

The first time I heard her speak, in that forced, high pitch, always happy little girl voice, my very first thought for whatever reason was, "She's anorexic." Something about forcing such an illusion of uncomplicated perfection all the time.

Sarah's thinness stands out when you look at her sister, who is very petite but looks far less emaciated.

As for the original question of this thread, wasn't there a humorous blog that reviewed it chapter by chapter? I remember reading it some time ago and it being very funny, but I can't find it anymore.

Sarah's thinness stands out when you look at her sister, who is very petite but looks far less emaciated.

As for the original question of this thread, wasn't there a humorous blog that reviewed it chapter by chapter? I remember reading it some time ago and it being very funny, but I can't find it anymore.

Ooohhh, someone please find this. I'm the exact same age as Sarah Mally and married with 3 kids. My husband definitely isn't Prince Charming but is a damn good father and loving husband despite his complete lack of religion :D

Ooohhh, someone please find this. I'm the exact same age as Sarah Mally and married with 3 kids. My husband definitely isn't Prince Charming but is a damn good father and loving husband despite his complete lack of religion :D

It appears the blog is gone which is why i couldn't find it. but the wayback machine captured a few of the chapter reviews. It looks like you can click through quite a bit still

https://web.archive.org/web/20130421201 ... ogspot.com

It wouldn't surprise me at all if she were anorexic, since she is coming from that scrutinizing, critical husband-finding culture and she might feel its the only thing she can control. She certainly looks unhealthy. I have a lot of skinny friends but none look like that.

Archived