IGNORED

Before You Meet Prince Charming

Mandysue

I saw her speak once and she did mention fasting several times. Her family seems to use fasting quite a bit for religious reasons. I'm wondering if perhaps she has gone way overboard with that.

Well some people fast when they want their prayers to be stronger. Or something. So maybe she's praying for a husband and wants her prayers to be stronger.

Maybe she's so thin because she's 34 and she's been fasting since she turned 20.

I read Before You Meet Prince Charming when I was a young teen (had no idea it was a fundy book, I just saw it and decided to read it) but I guess it didn't make much impression on me because I really don't remember it.

The boy/man equivalent of Before You Meet Prince Charming is I Kissed Dating Goodbye which I have also read and found pretty interesting. The only part I remember is when he said men and woman can't really be friends without other people there as accountability, because they can say they are just brothers and sisters as Christ, but there will always end up being flirtation and inappropriate feelings. :naughty: lol

On this site we've discussed the sisters, Grace and Sarah and those two always make me feel sad for them. There is a video of them both speaking and they seem so surrealistically chipper that they sound like preteens not adult women.

brothersandsisters.net/gracenotes/

Somewhere on this site is the video but I am too tired and lazy to find it

It wouldn't surprise me at all if she were anorexic, since she is coming from that scrutinizing, critical husband-finding culture and she might feel its the only thing she can control. She certainly looks unhealthy. I have a lot of skinny friends but none look like that.

These are my thoughts exactly.

Well some people fast when they want their prayers to be stronger. Or something. So maybe she's praying for a husband and wants her prayers to be stronger.

Maybe she's so thin because she's 34 and she's been fasting since she turned 20.

I read Before You Meet Prince Charming when I was a young teen (had no idea it was a fundy book, I just saw it and decided to read it) but I guess it didn't make much impression on me because I really don't remember it.

The boy/man equivalent of Before You Meet Prince Charming is I Kissed Dating Goodbye which I have also read and found pretty interesting. The only part I remember is when he said men and woman can't really be friends without other people there as accountability, because they can say they are just brothers and sisters as Christ, but there will always end up being flirtation and inappropriate feelings. :naughty: lol

I read "I kissed dating goodbye" as a teen. It wasn't a terrible book, but it didn't stop me from dating. :lol:

Archived