IGNORED

Just got this in the mail... Chick Tract

actuallyjessica

I had surgery earlier this year and spent my week off work reading every chick tract on the website. They're so completely insane that they're riveting. My favorite one was anti catholic about communion aka "the death cookie."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had surgery earlier this year and spent my week off work reading every chick tract on the website. They're so completely insane that they're riveting. My favorite one was anti catholic about communion aka "the death cookie."

(Cue Homer Simpson voice) Ummm... death cookie....

(Cue Homer Simpson voice) Ummm... death cookie....

I get the impression, and it may just be me, that Chick isn't too enamoured of Catholics. The "death cookie" is a classic. Did you know that all 4 of the great apostate religions (Islam, Hinduism, Ancient Egyptian, and Roman Catholicism) were founded by WOMEN and SATAN? Based on his drawings, he'd have made a great propagandist for Hitler.

Time to mail that church a handful of Cthulu Tracts! (No, seriously, they're real.)

Time to mail that church a handful of Cthulu Tracts! (No, seriously, they're real.)

not real unless I see a link lol

not real unless I see a link lol

Rubbersuitstudios.com/ptcct.htm

I get the impression, and it may just be me, that Chick isn't too enamoured of Catholics. The "death cookie" is a classic. Did you know that all 4 of the great apostate religions (Islam, Hinduism, Ancient Egyptian, and Roman Catholicism) were founded by WOMEN and SATAN? Based on his drawings, he'd have made a great propagandist for Hitler.

Chick is very anti-Catholic. But he doesn't "hate" us - he's like Candy; he loves us so much that he must do his God-given duty and tell us we're sinners who are condemned to hell. :roll:

Chick is very anti-Catholic. But he doesn't "hate" us - he's like Candy; he loves us so much that he must do his God-given duty and tell us we're sinners who are condemned to hell. :roll:

Yep, true. He loves you so much that if you don't immediately give up your evil ways, he'll personally help the angel of death throw you into the fires of hell (he uses that picture so often I think it actually excites him).

What we're talking about regarding access to the mailbox is that the only ones allowed to put something in there are the owner and the post office. They obviously had access to your mailbox if they slipped it in there without a stamp. Some people have a mail slot in their front door, so obviously the owners are the only ones who are going to get the mail that is pushed through the slot, but technically anyone can access the slot from the outside, just as anyone can access the slot to push paper in on your mailbox.

I just read that Living Waters tract. They started out by saying "what is the number one thing that Americans choke on in restaurants" and "What is a major killer in the US" the answers were "egg yolks" and "death". That cracked me up, it's such a stupid way of introducing the idea that everyone dies.

What we're talking about regarding access to the mailbox is that the only ones allowed to put something in there are the owner and the post office. They obviously had access to your mailbox if they slipped it in there without a stamp. Some people have a mail slot in their front door, so obviously the owners are the only ones who are going to get the mail that is pushed through the slot, but technically anyone can access the slot from the outside, just as anyone can access the slot to push paper in on your mailbox.

I just read that Living Waters tract. They started out by saying "what is the number one thing that Americans choke on in restaurants" and "What is a major killer in the US" the answers were "egg yolks" and "death". That cracked me up, it's such a stupid way of introducing the idea that everyone dies.

how do you explain catalogues/store booklets? they are placed in every mailbox (unless you specifically have a sticker that says 'no junk mail')... i'd never have thought these tracts could be illegal if placed into the mailbox. either way, i'm not about to complain, because i don't care.

how do you explain catalogues/store booklets? they are placed in every mailbox (unless you specifically have a sticker that says 'no junk mail')... i'd never have thought these tracts could be illegal if placed into the mailbox. either way, i'm not about to complain, because i don't care.

I've never seen junk mail that did not come through the us postal service. If someone is just running around sticking flyers In mailboxes then yes, that is very illegal.

i'm from australia and it's never delivered via australia post, but rather hand delivered by individual 'walkers' who get paid to deliver to every mailbox.

Oh. Laws on Australia may be different then. In America if someone did that, someone would put a stop to it real fast. People are allowed to leave flyers in doors, but not mailboxes.

In the driveway, in the fence, in the gate, on the sidewalk, even in the bushes, but not in the mailbox. It's kind of funny when you think about it.

Laws in Australia are different. No one but the owner can take things OUT of the letterbox but anyone can put stuff in. We don't have any system where the postie takes mail for posting from an individual letterbox either. The 'No Junk Mail' stickers are a request. It's bad form to ignore them, but it's not illegal.

Oh. Laws on Australia may be different then. In America if someone did that, someone would put a stop to it real fast. People are allowed to leave flyers in doors, but not mailboxes.

Fly by night roofing companies were putting flyers in mail boxes here for the first week after our massive hail storm. The city requested that people turn them in for two reasons--because flyers in mail boxes are illegal and because those are the companies that were least likely to register with the city and do licensed work with proper permits.

Nice photo at the bottom, next to the Tract Myth telling us that no, you shouldn't avoid telling religious people that they are going to hell. 'Cause that's EXACTLY what all the religious Jews in my area really want to hear. No door slammed in your face or tracts dumped in the garbage or anything.

My mom used to buy these for us when we were kids and I kid you not, I loved them because some of them had sexy women in them. She had no clue that she was supplying me eyecandy. I'm a lesbian. :lol:

OMG I just realized I was given one of these many years ago at the movie theatre when I went to see Moulin Rouge. I saw the "JTC" and thought "Jesus.... Christ..... what's the T for, his middle name?" (I was about 13 at the time, don't laugh!) Jack T Chick. Okay! ;)

Moulin Rouge...only the best movie EVER.

Here's one that was so bad it was actually pulled from publication. Have you sexually abused your own young daughter? All you have to do is "accept Jesus as your savior" and everything is A-OK! :disgust:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Lisa.html

Oh em gee. My youth group dramatized and acted out that specific tract. The embarrassment. I remember having to give these out to people and they were translated into Spanish.

My mom used to buy these for us when we were kids and I kid you not, I loved them because some of them had sexy women in them. She had no clue that she was supplying me eyecandy. I'm a lesbian. :lol:

You should write to Jack Chick and tell him his tracts turned you away from God and toward lesbianism. Thank him and tell him that at least they were good for something!

:lol:

Here's one that was so bad it was actually pulled from publication. Have you sexually abused your own young daughter? All you have to do is "accept Jesus as your savior" and everything is A-OK! :disgust:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Lisa.html

That was so incredibly awful, it could be used to scare people away from Christianity for life.

IRL, my job sometimes involves telling people that no, there is no "moments later" magic turnaround.

Archived