IGNORED

What is wrong with TLC? Blast from the past lineup

homeschoolmomma1

I know this is sort if a mix of shows so I didn't want to list only under the Duggars, but WOW the lineup on TLC this week is just like a blast from the past!

Little People, Big World is being showed a lot

They are showing repeats of Jon and Kate plus 8

and the best... on Tuesday night they are showing the special of Josie Duggar being born. I know they show 19 kids and counting repeats a lot, but during prime time? Must be summer or they are making up for the fact that all the Duggar fans have to wait till Fall to see Jill's wedding (I thought there would have been a special)

So anyone surprised by the TLC lineup?

When I saw this thread I thought it was going to be about the shows the channel used to air. When I lived with family with cable yeaaaars ago TLC used to have stuff like The Operation which showed people having operations in a factual, non dramatic way. I used to sit infront of the television watching while I'd eat snack food :lol:

I just download or stream 19 Kids and Counting... and sometimes stuff like Toddlers and Tiaras :embarrassed:

It's probably just summer viewing filler until they are ready for the craptastic new season of shows in the fall. Either that or they have finally finished scraping the bottom of the barrel and can't find any thing else to broadcast.

I really don't understand why they're waiting for the fall to air the Jilly Dilly wedding special, especially seeing as they've got a 3-week lockdown on all pics/blog posts from the wedding. It makes not sense. By the fall, Jill will probably be pregnant, Jessa will be engaged and planning her wedding, Anna will be knocked up, and who knows what else will have happened. The worst part is I could see them stretching the lead up to Jill's wedding into an entire season, when in reality a 2-hour special would probably be enough.

We've been getting some re-runs (different seasons, no particular order) weekday mornings recently. This morning it was Boob and J'chelle's cringe-worthy second wedding. J'chelle is able to describe the deliveries of each of her kids' but struggles to say anything about their personalities and interests. Not sure she remembered that Jason and James were even in her family.

Jill's meeting Derrick , engagement and wedding happened too fast for TLC. They see how popular Jill's life is and they are going to make a whole season out of it. The wedding planning, picking out the dress, asking the sisters to be in the wedding and countless interviews with the parents.

On discovery fit and health , they seem to rerun the better days of TLC, trading spaces, maternity ward, and some of the 1-2 hours specials they had (not series) on unusual families/illness/records etc.

Jon and Kate was what changed TLC.

When did TLC stop being The Learning Channel?

When they start airing crap like Honey Boo, Toddlers and Tiaras, The Duggars, etc. shows that people don't care or don't want to know about. at least Little People big world and the little couple actually has a message. It shows people who are dwarfs life everyday life.

I used to like TLC when they had shows like A Wedding Story and A Baby Story.

Those people were getting married or having a baby whether TLC was there or not.

They were real reality shows and not scripted like the Kardashians, Duggars and Duck Dynasty.

When I saw this thread I thought it was going to be about the shows the channel used to air. When I lived with family with cable yeaaaars ago TLC used to have stuff like The Operation which showed people having operations in a factual, non dramatic way. I used to sit infront of the television watching while I'd eat snack food :lol:

I just download or stream 19 Kids and Counting... and sometimes stuff like Toddlers and Tiaras :embarrassed:

This is what I thought it was. I miss when TLC was The LEARNING Channel instead of The Lotso-Kids Channel.

I used to like TLC when they had shows like A Wedding Story and A Baby Story.

I loved those a 2 shows!! I learned so much from A wedding story! I wish they would bring back A wedding story.

I miss Trading Spaces, A Wedding Story, and A Baby Story. I also remember TLC years ago had show about people reuniting with family members or old friends. I think it was called Reunion or Reunion Story.

Look at what's happened to the History Channel, it's all storage hunters and big hairy guys with chainsaws now. No actual history shows at all. Thank goodness for BBC4.

I miss Trading Spaces, A Wedding Story, and A Baby Story. I also remember TLC years ago had show about people reuniting with family members or old friends. I think it was called Reunion or Reunion Story.

I remember Trading Spaces. They also had a show called A Dating Story.

Look at what's happened to the History Channel, it's all storage hunters and big hairy guys with chainsaws now. No actual history shows at all. Thank goodness for BBC4.

I read that the BBC was thinking on getting rid of that channel :(

Does anyone remember the show the Women of Broward County? I only mention it because I recieved an admit call at work the other day and it was from Broward County Hospital and it randomly made me think of the show. I also use to enjoy a dating story back in the day. Another random show I remember is when they had the show Mall Cops of America.

I read that the BBC was thinking on getting rid of that channel :(

BBC4 has been saved, BBC3 is moving to online only

That was back in the day when the History Channel actually talked about history instead of "things that probably wont but may happen" or "the existence of aliens is proved through nothing short of tabloid type evidence." And back when the Biography channel actually had biographies. And the Travel Channel was about travel destinations. And SciFi wasn't spelled SyFy.

That was back in the day when the History Channel actually talked about history instead of "things that probably wont but may happen" or "the existence of aliens is proved through nothing short of tabloid type evidence." And back when the Biography channel actually had biographies. And the Travel Channel was about travel destinations. And SciFi wasn't spelled SyFy.

When MTV and VH1 (and CMT/TNN) actually had music-related shows, when A&E actually had Arts and Entertainment (I miss the Hornblower era), and the Food Channel would actually show you how to cook things, instead of competition shows with irrelevant-to-real-life contests.

At least Discovery still has Shark Week, although I wonder how long it will last.

When MTV and VH1 (and CMT/TNN) actually had music-related shows, when A&E actually had Arts and Entertainment (I miss the Hornblower era), and the Food Channel would actually show you how to cook things, instead of competition shows with irrelevant-to-real-life contests.

At least Discovery still has Shark Week, although I wonder how long it will last.

I must be the only person who doesn't like the Shark Week programs!

And I refuse to call it "SyFi" At least in Canada it's called "Space" (or at least was the last I heard)

Does anyone remember the show the Women of Broward County? I only mention it because I recieved an admit call at work the other day and it was from Broward County Hospital and it randomly made me think of the show. I also use to enjoy a dating story back in the day. Another random show I remember is when they had the show Mall Cops of America.

Do you mean Mall Cops: Mall of America, or was there another one? Because that show isn't very old at all. It was run in 2010. I know this exactly because that's when I was college touring with my Mom and we went to Minneapolis, which that mall is near. We watched the show entirely for the entertainment of seeing somewhere we had actually been on TV. :lol:

TLC's having a July 4th Duggarthon. On now (10 am, EDT): the fabulous David and Priscilla wedding!

TLC's having a July 4th Duggarthon. On now (10 am, EDT): the fabulous David and Priscilla wedding!

Saw that! The more I see the more I'm convinced about David Waller!

My mother was watching the wedding episode also & agrees w/ me.

Saw that! The more I see the more I'm convinced about David Waller!

I seem to recall that this is the wedding with the face-eating first kiss :p.

Archived