IGNORED

Sarah Serven is Engaged

Kira

are they DANCING? :pink-shock:

All the VF people dance. They organize dances. The Mortons used to have a massive New Year's ball.

I see the Lovely Jordan holding the Maid Marian, Papa and Mama Thomas, Peter Bringe and his Luscious Mutton Chops, the Bearded Phillips, Anna Sophia, and possibly one of the Botkin DILs whose name I cannot recall.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the VF people dance. They organize dances. The Mortons used to have a massive New Year's ball.

I see the Lovely Jordan holding the Maid Marian, Papa and Mama Thomas, Peter Bringe and his Luscious Mutton Chops, the Bearded Phillips, Anna Sophia, and possibly one of the Botkin DILs whose name I cannot recall.

ah. i'm not so hip to the whole vf world. my family was much more ati and borderline ati, so dancing was strictly prohibited.

You need to add the www before the url for it to work- I also had that problem.

And yeah, the floppy baguette centerpiece just looked... phallic. Nothing says good luck with your sex life and fertility like a bouquet of flaccid dicks at the wedding.

I would've commented on it but it was beyond my comprehension.

In re: the expected bundle of joy, I'm simply surprised CODY & Sarah can afford a child. There's no real documentation of the firm for which he purports to work.

The photographer's narration of CODY & sarah's story kinda gave me the creeps. Manly Voiced Marcus adverts for acolytes and it Just So Happens that the student becomes ... the son-in-law. It reminds me of people who wanted a grandbsby really, really badly and invited a young man to board with them and then were careful to leave him and their daughter alone as much as possible. It worked. The shotgun marriage didn't work but the grandparents didn't care -- they got their li'l prize.

Surely CODY & what'shername weren't like that. But still.

I must say, Beth Serven (can't remember her married last name) sure looks different these days. Can't put my finger on it. She's either lost weight or maybe she finally just matured enough to look like a woman instead of a young girl? She's actually pretty, and I've never thought that about her before.

Did anyone else see the picture of the SIX couples sucking face at the same time? And I thought the Duggars were gross. :ew:

I must say, Beth Serven (can't remember her married last name) sure looks different these days. Can't put my finger on it. She's either lost weight or maybe she finally just matured enough to look like a woman instead of a young girl? She's actually pretty, and I've never thought that about her before.

Ten Dolle is her married name. Agree she has grown into her looks.

Did anyone else see the picture of the SIX couples sucking face at the same time? And I thought the Duggars were gross. :ew:

The concept might've sounded cute but the execution! The Servens have presented themselves as cultured & educated - well, the father has college degrees, don't think anybody else does - but the more we see, the tackier they be. JMHO, of course, but I can offer a few chapters & verses if requested.

snip But my first thought when quickly scrolling through the photos was how young the bride and groom looked. How old are they anyway?

I would also like to know this. They don't look more than 19, but I'm really bad at guessing ages. Anyone know?

I would also like to know this. They don't look more than 19, but I'm really bad at guessing ages. Anyone know?

Cody is 22 and Sarah is 22 now, but she was 21 when they got married. Her birthday is in November.

Does anyone else think Rebecca (Serven) Loomis might be pregnant in those photos? She looks heavier than usual and in at least one of the group shots of the bridesmaids and bride, I thought it looked like she could be hiding a bump just visible behind her bouquet.

Also, I didn't realize Cody had been an intern of Pa Serven's. I guess that's why he was given permission to marry his daughter so much earlier/younger than Steven was to Rebecca.

I think it was confirmed she is pregnant and had some issues.

Oh, I missed that. Well, I hope she ended up with a healthy baby. Anyone know?

She is due with number 3 this summer...All of her pregnancies have been problematic with one miscarriage in between... This will be 3 in 3 years I think for Rebecca,

She had a late miscarriage with her first pregnancy before Nehemiah. I think the pregnancy with PJ was a bit less dramatic. But the whole family is so radio silent these days that could just be incorrect interpretation.

She is due with number 3 this summer...All of her pregnancies have been problematic with one miscarriage in between... This will be 3 in 3 years I think for Rebecca,

I think she is due a little bit before me (I'm due mid-August), so I don't think she was pg at the wedding but I do think she had threatened miscarriage with this one...I think she and Steven are adorkably nerdy and really love each other, I hope they continue to be happy together and that little PJ has a chance to be heavily influenced by Grandma Loomis, who is by all accounts a sharp, educated woman.

Does anyone find the photographs of the back of the bridesmaids to be a bit...NIKE? They really needed some better slips or lining...aye carumba. :o

Rebecca appears not to have lost her baby tummy from PJ in the Cody/whosis wedding photos (I'm sorry, I value Sarah very much. I just can't help snark on the careful "arrival of the groom and bride" wording on the reception schedule. Ugh! The man must come first At All Times!).

Anyway, back to Rebecca and her pre-pregnancy round tummy. I am not snarking on it. I'm a little concerned by it, honestly. Big Mama JB had a similar shape long after the last of my siblings was born ... and it turned out to be very bad news indeed. I have no idea what kind of healthcare the adorkable duo have, hope they're being prudent and getting Beckers the most thorough care available.

Second and third on Grandma Loomis influencing PJ, trying not to give too much attention to the fact that GL has been seen wearing long skirts a lot, lately. :roll:

Rebecca appears not to have lost her baby tummy from PJ in the Cody/whosis wedding photos (I'm sorry, I value Sarah very much. I just can't help snark on the careful "arrival of the groom and bride" wording on the reception schedule. Ugh! The man must come first At All Times!).

Anyway, back to Rebecca and her pre-pregnancy round tummy. I am not snarking on it. I'm a little concerned by it, honestly. Big Mama JB had a similar shape long after the last of my siblings was born ... and it turned out to be very bad news indeed. I have no idea what kind of healthcare the adorkable duo have, hope they're being prudent and getting Beckers the most thorough care available.

Second and third on Grandma Loomis influencing PJ, trying not to give too much attention to the fact that GL has been seen wearing long skirts a lot, lately. :roll:

Mjb - is the round middle thing an indicator of something other than "I don't work out and dont naturally go back to thin after babies without a monumental effort"? I "bounced back" after my first but after my second and third...I still haven't recovered. What happened with Big MJB? :-(

EscapeFF,

Short-term it didn't mean anything w BMJB. Over the decades it turned into what caused her death.

Apples and oranges, totally, she vs. Rebecca and other new moms!!. I overreact.

Let not your heart be troubled!--but get good medical checkups as the years go by. <3

Mjb - is the round middle thing an indicator of something other than "I don't work out and dont naturally go back to thin after babies without a monumental effort"? I "bounced back" after my first but after my second and third...I still haven't recovered. What happened with Big MJB? :-(

I know I've been told by family to be careful about weight gain that's predominately in the middle because of the potential indication of diabetes in the future. I come from a family where type II has become a major issue and that's one of the "warning signs" if older relatives are accurate.

Nope, I'm talking about his other sister. Her wedding was actually a little before Esther's, and was a little less rustic, per her style. Doug officiated at Esther's. They were extremely disappointed when they found out about Doug....and just for the record, no one I know still supports him.

Sorry to hijack:

I follow Esther and Philip's instagram (the feeds are stunning!). I used to read Esther's blog before she was married and both her and Philip seemed quite fundy and extreme (I remember Esther posting something like "it would have been better if she followed God's will and stayed under had dad's authority" about a girl who gave a speech at a high school graduation). Philip was, as far as I remember, one of Doug's protegees. I was wondering how much they still associate with Doug and VF. Their instagram feeds make me think they completely left these groups behind - nowadays, they seem to be quite involved with socality. They also seem to have loosened up, with Esther wearing skinny jeans and only having one child and all that. Are they still part of any of the big fundy circles?

I must say, Beth Serven (can't remember her married last name) sure looks different these days. Can't put my finger on it.

The great change in Beth was what struck me most about those pictures.

You know what I think it is? She's happy. She looks absolutely radiant to me, and it's such a contrast with how miserable and pained she looked the entire time she was a SAHD. I'm very pleased for her that marriage with Abe seems to be going so well.

The great change in Beth was what struck me most about those pictures.

You know what I think it is? She's happy. She looks absolutely radiant to me, and it's such a contrast with how miserable and pained she looked the entire time she was a SAHD. I'm very pleased for her that marriage with Abe seems to be going so well.

To me, she always looked like she needed an enema, and she looked like that the first couple of years into her marriage as well. But I agree, something has changed and she's finally looking genuinely happy. I guess motherhood and living on the farm have finally settled into her bones and she's enjoying it. Her smiles seem genuine and no longer forced. She looks like a totally different person.

Archived