IGNORED

Tea Party Candidate Says It's OK To Stone Gays To Death

doggie

well seems I found the worst GOP hate filled christian ™ out there. All about hate and judging killing and other stupid things in Jesus's name but nothing to do with Jesus. Seems he never read the new testament. but lucky for Us he is stupid enough to spout this in public.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/1 ... 86678.html

Scott Esk, a Republican Tea Party candidate in Oklahoma, got into a debate on Facebook last summer in which he advocated killing homosexuals.

“I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” Esk wrote in comments uncovered by Oklahoma journalist Rob Morris. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

When pressed, Esk added: "I never said I would author legislation to put homosexuals to death, but I didn’t have a problem with it."

Esk is running for the state's House of Representatives. The primary is scheduled for June 24.

When contacted by Morris, who runs the news outlet Moore Daily, Esk didn't deny making the comments or back down from the rhetoric.

"That was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God and in that time there it was totally just. It came directly from God," Esk said, adding: "I have no plans to reinstitute that in Oklahoma law. I do have some very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins."

The Raw Story notes that in other Facebook posts, Esk has said that laws punishing gays should be instituted locally so people "can decide for themselves whether they want to live in a particular community based in part on how things like this are dealt with.”

This guy is about the worst christian™ we have seen. all about killing and hating and denying and forcing his views on the world. Nothing about Jesus ™ or anything else. I doubt he even read the new testament. He seems to forget the old testament is not a Christian bible. But good for Us he is stupid enough to spout his stupidity and everyone knows it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/1 ... 86678.html

The comments have quickly gone viral, drawing attention to other parts of his platform... and those views aren't any less extreme.

Esk wants to "punish abortionists severely for their committing of murder" and punish federal bureaucrats who try to enact the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

In addition, he's against all forms of gun licenses, wants to cut education funding "which I don’t consider a proper function of government" and believes "the EPA, FDA, OSHA, etc." "have no legitimate reason for existing, since they’re unConstitutional."

Esk wants to make divorce more difficult as well. He's calling for jury trials for divorce cases and an end to no-fault proceedings.

"I also don’t buy into the notion that it’s unfair to make somebody stay in a marriage he’s unhappy with," Esk wrote.

Esk was married for 15 years until "frivolous divorce raised its ugly head in the Esk home," he notes on his campaign website. (You can see him speak more about divorce in the video below.)

Have divorces ever been in front of a jury?

This is all so batshit crazy that words fail.

Way too often I just don't want to live on this planet anymore

Plus the idiot ™ had a divorce himself. well his wife saw the crazy and ran off screaming for her sanity most likely.

In the UK they were, until up to the 30s I think. I think at one point it was restricted to Private Members Bills in the House of Commons, which meant parliament literally had to debate your sex life. And obviously it was only available for the wealthy, powerful and well connected.

As for this guy, he wants to get rid of anything in government that isn't about killing people. How is the EPA more intrusive than the government literally stoning you for having private consentual sex with another adult?

I’m somewhat in awe that he didn’t try to walk back his comments or try to spin them in some way. Not that there’s really anywhere acceptable to go with it, but he just seems A-Okay with hanging his crazy right out on the front lawn. His wife made a lucky break, and hopefully she ran far, far away from Oklahoma altogether. He’s a nutbar.

I’m somewhat in awe that he didn’t try to walk back his comments or try to spin them in some way. Not that there’s really anywhere acceptable to go with it, but he just seems A-Okay with hanging his crazy right out on the front lawn. His wife made a lucky break, and hopefully she ran far, far away from Oklahoma altogether. He’s a nutbar.

I think it would have taken far more brain power then he has. He should really be the tea party leader he has proven fully qualified and has proven he is king of the stupid.

And he is just one of the sickko Christian freaks that America's Families have to protect their children from.

Come on tea folks... keep on piling on more ammo to be used against you :D :happy-jumpeveryone:

now make some dumb comments about rape. :angry-banghead:

That freak isn't libertarian - he's just plain hateful and crazy.

BTW, if he was such an expert in how things were done under Old Testament law, he'd know that the requirements for trials and evidence were so strict that the death penalty was almost never applied, and that we've got clear documentation that it ceased altogether 2,000 years ago.

Come on tea folks... keep on piling on more ammo to be used against you :D :happy-jumpeveryone:

now make some dumb comments about rape. :angry-banghead:

I was surprised he did not but he may have just forgotten.

I have a friend who thinks homosexuality is a sin, that abortion should be illegal, and pretty much every other right-wing stand, yet she is a registered Democrat who votes straight-ticket Democrat because absolutely can't stand these politicians who advocate killing people or making anyone into a second-class citizen based on sexuality race, gender, etc.

Just in case it needs saying, despite being a very devout Catholic, she refuses to vote in any way that oppresses anyone because she doesn't believe it's between her and a gay person or a woman who has an abortion just because she doesn't agree with it. In fact, unless you know her well enough, she won't share her beliefs because she doesn't want to risk making someone uncomfortable.

This is what I can agree with--you don't have to life it, just don't oppress others. GOP politicians should learn from her. You don't have to approve of everything a person does, but the problem comes when you use it to oppress them.

In Texas a jury trial can be requested for a divorce.

I have a friend who thinks homosexuality is a sin, that abortion should be illegal, and pretty much every other right-wing stand, yet she is a registered Democrat who votes straight-ticket Democrat because absolutely can't stand these politicians who advocate killing people or making anyone into a second-class citizen based on sexuality race, gender, etc.

Just in case it needs saying, despite being a very devout Catholic, she refuses to vote in any way that oppresses anyone because she doesn't believe it's between her and a gay person or a woman who has an abortion just because she doesn't agree with it. In fact, unless you know her well enough, she won't share her beliefs because she doesn't want to risk making someone uncomfortable.

This is what I can agree with--you don't have to life it, just don't oppress others. GOP politicians should learn from her. You don't have to approve of everything a person does, but the problem comes when you use it to oppress them.

It seems that more and more christians (the elect,or the saved, or which ever flavor they might be) seem to be embracing the idea the idea that Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and Fred Pryor always spew(ed)-- the sins of miscelaneous non christians will result in God punishing us all, so we MUST stop everyone from sinning.

Dave Brat, (who beat Cantor) says

Brat encouraged Christians to harshly condemn their neighbors’ sins.

“We should love our neighbor so much that we actually believe in right and wrong, and do something about it,†he wrote. “If we all did the right thing and had the guts to spread the word, we would not need the government to backstop every action we take.â€

He suggested that spreading Christianity would improve the economy.

“Preach the gospel and change hearts and souls,†Brat wrote. “If we make all of the people good, markets will be good. Markets are made up of people.â€

“If markets are bad, which they are, that means people are bad, which they are,†he continued. “Want good markets? Change the people. If there are not nervous twitches in the pews when we preach, then we are not doing our jobs.â€

Brat also wondered whether Christians could force others to follow their ethical teachings on social issues, and he said both Democrats and Republicans hypocritically imposed their values on the political system.

rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/11/david-brat-warns-the-weak-modern-christian-democratic-man-will-submit-to-another-hitler/

More and more of the pop radio preachers are joining the "if you get cancer, you should see what sin God is trying to get out of your life" and the "If our nation faces financial, weather or other problems, it is becaus we are allowing sin." To me, it is a step or two from the superstision that tossing a virgin (preferably the daughter of an enemy) into the volcano will appease the volcano gods. It goes back to the very roots of both politics and religion-- power and control of others.

I think we'd be surpised how many people accept the concept. I don't see where they can get it from the New testament, but theonomists are all about old testament law.

The mass killing of gays is genocide. That should not stand here in the U.S. EVER! PERIOD!

Spreading christianity will help the economy? If people are good the markets will be good? Well, the Dow is close to 17,000 so will Jesus come down for lunch? Maybe good christian companies should stop sending our manufacturing jobs offshore and trying to dismantle the unions.

Have you ever noticed how all the weather disasters stick pretty close to the Bible belt. Maybe God is mad at someone but I don't think it's teh geys.

Oh, Boys and Girls,

I have found a snarktastic mother lode. It is Scott Esk's blog/campaign page.

It gives his 10 plank platform. It speaks of his desire to be more like jesus.

It talks about the love of his life and the frivolous divorce, and is desire for reconcilliation because, per his reading, he is not allowed to marry anyone else except remarry her. It discussions laetrile and B17 for cancer treatment and prevention.

askforesk.com/

Apparently he was also arrested a couple of years ago for making death threats against a minister.... but the charges were dropped.

Or, maybe that is what he called it. He did have a restraining order put on him by another man www1.odcr.com/detail?court=026-&casekey=026-PO++1000241

and Esk owed but has not yet paid court costs related to that, from what I can tell

Still looking for his divorce.

A little googling suggests the Tea Party is the more liberal group he's a member of--

Esk has taken me down a deep rabbit hole.

Order of protection by his wife in 07

oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=384978&db=Cleveland

His divorce includes supervised visitation, required anger management classes, a written requirement from the court that neither side use corporal punishment on any of the children, and a court mandate that the respondent (scotty) is ordered not to administer any food supplements or additives to the children. Scary dude, it sounds like.

And, as of March of this year, he was not allowed to return to unsupervised visits.

oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=390117&db=Cleveland

DING DING DING :happy-wavemulticolor: we have a winner of the worst tea bagger candidate yet. though I am sure sadly he will be topped.

so how soon till the duugers can pain for him. well the divorce many stop that but thats the only thing.

I'd go up to him and give him a rock myself, if I wasn't scared that he'd throw it at my head and the resultant brain damage would make me as stupid as he is!

He will probably win. It's Oklahoma after all :-(

Have you ever noticed how all the weather disasters stick pretty close to the Bible belt. Maybe God is mad at someone but I don't think it's teh geys.

Excuse me? Does that mean God is mad people who live in earthquake, flood, wildfire, and blizzard prone areas have pissed God off?

Archived