IGNORED

Family time at the Maxwells on Memorial Day

SPHASH

Sarah posted some pics of the little ones on Memorial Day. Nathan helped his daughters with an art project, Joshua and Ruthanne were over too. One thing I noticed was Steve and Teri holding Josh and Ruthanne. Steve has Josh and Teri has Ruthanne. Is avoiding members of the opposite sex include grandkids too? Oh and no mention of Grandma Maxwell passing either.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen photos of Steve holding Nathan's girls. I think grandparents holding opposite "gender" grandchildren is okay, at least while they are young. I am sure there is a

Steverule for when little girls become too defrauding.

I wonder if Nate spent anytime at his inlaws over the holiday weekend. Seems like every holiday is spent with in Maxhell the exception being Christmas Day, or as I like to call it, Melanie using her get out of jail free card.

I have seen photos of Steve holding Nathan's girls. I think grandparents holding opposite "gender" grandchildren is okay, at least while they are young. I am sure there is a

Steverule for when little girls become too defrauding.

:ew: :ew: :ew:

Wow, they are loosing their parents close together. Did anybody find an obit?

The maxwell "children" are so lucky to have had all their grandparents for so long.

Teri's father passed away Memorial Day weekend. The funeral was a couple of days ago.

He's the one who lived down the street from them, right? I will try and find an obituary.

I agree w/ the above poster that said the "children" were lucky about their grandparents. I have not had any grandparents since I was 12.

I have never been to a wake where the family shows up at the end, and I've been to a lot of wakes in my life. I'm Italian. We go to everyone's wake. Is this common? "Visitation will be Thursday, May 29th, 2014 at Belden Larkin Funeral Home from 2:00 PM until 8:00 PM, with the family present from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM."

No wonder poor Aunt Tami has been marginalized. From the little that I could see on her FB page, she has what some might call f*n--pics of folks in goofy fake mustaches and so on.

Thanks for the link to the obituary. Any bets that Steve was the one that wrote it.

It was. Anna is called Anna Marie. No one other than the Maxwells would do that.

It was. Anna is called Anna Marie. No one other than the Maxwells would do that.

Sounds like Grandad was a swell guy. Did volunteer work etc. Even got his masters degree! I'm also surprised Steve didn't officiate the service.

Good point. Also most of the obituaries that I have read unless the person was super religious mentions anything about accepted Jesus & this one does.

Wow, I'm really surprised they didn't mention Teri's grandfather dying. They've mentioned him many times on the blog; he even helped out quite a bit with mailings and getting ready for the tours when he was still healthy

And the pics from Memorial Day....they are just smiling like nothing is different in their world. No, the grandfather they all were very close to didn't just die the day before. Nothing even to be somber about - just stupid grins.

This is just too bizarre. Too completely and utterly bizarre.

Wow, I'm really surprised they didn't mention Teri's grandfather dying. They've mentioned him many times on the blog; he even helped out quite a bit with mailings and getting ready for the tours when he was still healthy

And the pics from Memorial Day....they are just smiling like nothing is different in their world. No, the grandfather they all were very close to didn't just die the day before. Nothing even to be somber about - just stupid grins.

I'm still trying to rationalize going to the wake for the last two hours.

They love death so much they probably feel happy about it.

I'm still trying to rationalize going to the wake for the last two hours.

I've never been to one. Most of the funerals I have been to the body was either cremated or already buried. When my grandfather died last November, the family (6 of us) went in to say goodbye to his body before he was cremated. When my stepgrandfather died almost 20 years ago, his body was displayed during the funeral and then taken directly to burial.

Perhaps they didn't want to be sitting there all day, but wanted to give others the opportunity to say goodbye? I know I wouldn't want to be there for hours greeting people and having them give me their condolences while my loved one is just lying there. Way too painful.

With the Maxwells, though, you never know.

They love death so much they probably feel happy about it.

I thought of that, and can understand the reasoning, but then one would think they'd talk about it.

I mean, their whole thing is winning people to Jesus through their perfect, godly example. You'd think they'd want to use Rex as an example because they thought well enough of him (or so they appeared) to talk about him so often and live near by.

It's just makes me think there is even more wrong there than we realize.....which is rather scary.

I've never been to one. Most of the funerals I have been to the body was either cremated or already buried. When my grandfather died last November, the family (6 of us) went in to say goodbye to his body before he was cremated. When my stepgrandfather died almost 20 years ago, his body was displayed during the funeral and then taken directly to burial.

Perhaps they didn't want to be sitting there all day, but wanted to give others the opportunity to say goodbye? I know I wouldn't want to be there for hours greeting people and having them give me their condolences while my loved one is just lying there. Way too painful.

With the Maxwells, though, you never know.

No one wants to be at a wake for six hours, but sometimes in life we have to do things that we don't want to. Immediate family should be in the receiving line the entire time, because people are coming in at different times to pay their respects. People need to get their kids used to wakes at a young age. My mother took me to my first wake when I was five. I took my kids when they were young too. My ex mother-in-law did not believe in taking kids to wakes until they were older, and I had to drag her son to wakes kicking and screaming. He did not want to go and would put up a fuss.

No one wants to be at a wake for six hours, but sometimes in life we have to do things that we don't want to. Immediate family should be in the receiving line the entire time, because people are coming in at different times to pay their respects. People need to get their kids used to wakes at a young age. My mother took me to my first wake when I was five. I took my kids when they were young too. My ex mother-in-law did not believe in taking kids to wakes until they were older, and I had to drag her son to wakes kicking and screaming. He did not want to go and would put up a fuss.

I don't think my family or the families of those I have been to funerals for were wrong for not having 6 hour long receiving lines.

I generally don't judge how any particular person or family or culture mourns. It's not my place. Heck, I once went to a funeral decorated with bright blue and green balloons (teenage girl, who loved those colors and balloons) - different, but it gave the family comfort.

And if this were any other family, the total silence on the subject of the recent death of parents wouldn't really get any comment from me.

But this is the Maxwells. The family that talks about deaths at weddings. That the men frequently wear t-shirts that say "Where will you go when you die?" or "I know where I'm going when I die, do you?" The family that has memorialized neighbors and people at the nursing center they see maybe once a week.

For this family not to mention the deaths of their relatives genuinely and truly shocks me, and makes me think not all is right there.

Archived