IGNORED

Family time at the Maxwells on Memorial Day

SPHASH

Speculation about the radio silence on the grandparents' death aside, the other thing I notice about the most recent blog post is that Sarah/Steve is carefully showing us that Christopher and Nathan's families are there at the same time. That seems like a "FU, internets" moment since we've speculated on FJ about whether Nathan and Christopher's families aren't in each others' pockets any more, for various reasons.

I've noticed that too. Note in the picture Chris and his family are at one end of the table and Nate and his are at the other. And on opposite sides too.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question -- it's pedestrian, but it needs asking.

Have we determined that Chez Maxhell has vaulted ceilings? Otherwise, how is Poor Sarah able to take those photos of the assembled FAMILY during FAMILY TIME I the FAMILY BREAKFAST NOOK from way up high?

I mean, little Joshua looks like he's about to get the toddler version of a crick in the neck from craning around to SMILE for the CAMERA because it's FAMILY TIME.

inquiring minds, y'know? :pink-shock:

did they just stick the camera on top of a shelf on timed auto? :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh my gosh. bloggers. yes we love you guys, imagining all the hoops you jump through.

I've noticed that too. Note in the picture Chris and his family are at one end of the table and Nate and his are at the other. And on opposite sides too.

Yup. I noticed, too. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in that house. We've all speculated (including me), but I really do wonder what has caused the rift between the brothers. I guess we can never truly know for sure.

Why is Teri (the one with the long grey hair is Teri, right?) wearing a pilgrim suit?

On another subject, why would anyone want to go look just at the dead body? I don't mean having an open casket or whatever, but when the family isn't there for the first part, what's the point of just going to look at a dead person for awhile?

I don't think it's odd for people to go view a person who has passed. For many, this is closure, whether the family is there or not. And people like to sign the condolence book, say a prayer, see for themselves that the deceased is truly at peace, etc. Everyone treats death differently, so I guess it is nice to have that option of visitation prior to the funeral. I, personally, don't want anyone messing with my hair and makeup for any kind of open casket after I'm gone -- it's cremation all the way for me -- but it's a very personal choice.

I have seen photos of Steve holding Nathan's girls. I think grandparents holding opposite "gender" grandchildren is okay, at least while they are young. I am sure there is a

Steverule for when little girls become too defrauding.

Any man "defrauded" by his own young granddaughters needs to be be taken out back and castrated and then shot. Lusting after kids is beyond nasty.

Well, Teri wouldn't breastfeed any of the reversals in front of Nathan or Christopher in case her breasts defrauded them. The Maxwells have some funny ideas about opposite-gender relatives sometimes.

Well, Teri wouldn't breastfeed any of the reversals in front of Nathan or Christopher in case her breasts defrauded them. The Maxwells have some funny ideas about opposite-gender relatives sometimes.

Seriously? I've never heard that before. Wow, I wonder what Melanie and NR Anna do?

I remember reading back in the moms board days that male family members (fathers/brothers) shouldn't change girl's diapers because it was inappropriate. For the life of me I can't remember if it was Teri that posted that or not though. I suppose it doesn't matter since all messages were manually approved, thus it received the Maxwell seal of approval.

I don't think it's odd for people to go view a person who has passed. For many, this is closure, whether the family is there or not. And people like to sign the condolence book, say a prayer, see for themselves that the deceased is truly at peace, etc. Everyone treats death differently, so I guess it is nice to have that option of visitation prior to the funeral. I, personally, don't want anyone messing with my hair and makeup for any kind of open casket after I'm gone -- it's cremation all the way for me -- but it's a very personal choice.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't have a family member there for the entire visitation. It's one day (really, one afternoon) of reflection. I understand circumstances vary and everything, maybe they were too far away, but shouldn't at least one descendant have been there out of simple respect? That just seems so sad.

I remember reading back in the moms board days that male family members (fathers/brothers) shouldn't change girl's diapers because it was inappropriate. For the life of me I can't remember if it was Teri that posted that or not though. I suppose it doesn't matter since all messages were manually approved, thus it received the Maxwell seal of approval.

I can understand not wanting to nurse in front of Nate and Chris cuz they were hitting puberty and the teenagers when the reversals started popping out. But a male relative not changing Abby, Bethany, Tina, and Ruthanne's diaper is extreme. What would Chris do if he was alone with Ruthanne and she pooped? Call his mother or sisters?

I don't think any of the Maxwell men would be allowed to be alone caring for a baby, so it probably wouldn't come up. Remember, babies are for women and caring for a baby will make their penis drop off

I don't think any of the Maxwell men would be allowed to be alone caring for a baby, so it probably wouldn't come up. Remember, babies are for women and caring for a baby will make their penis drop off

Yup. I noticed, too. I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in that house. We've all speculated (including me), but I really do wonder what has caused the rift between the brothers. I guess we can never truly know for sure.

I was thinking about it, and Steve's philosophy doesn't really allow for adult men to get along with one another. He teaches that a man should rule his roost and essentially be accountable to no one, to the extent that you can't even work for someone else.

Though it's more subtle, there's a lot of Alphamale chest thumping to all of it. I imagine it's hard for one of his adult sons once he becomes a "real" man (i.e., husband and father) to know how to interact with another adult man, even if it's a brother. And remember, in Maxhell, there aren't just different ways of doing things. There's a right way and a wrong way.

I was thinking about it, and Steve's philosophy doesn't really allow for adult men to get along with one another. He teaches that a man should rule his roost and essentially be accountable to no one, to the extent that you can't even work for someone else.

Though it's more subtle, there's a lot of Alphamale chest thumping to all of it. I imagine it's hard for one of his adult sons once he becomes a "real" man (i.e., husband and father) to know how to interact with another adult man, even if it's a brother. And remember, in Maxhell, there aren't just different ways of doing things. There's a right way and a wrong way.

I agree. Steve doesn't breed "brotherhood" at all. He himself doesn't have any men friends (well, that he talks about). He is the "head" of every other male he meets, the mentor. Think about what he thinks his position is -- one of authority over all others to save all those men out there that aren't HIM. He lectures to men at his conferences, and then any other man he meets, whether he's the gas station attendant or the mechanic he comes across when Uriah breaks down. He's always in authority, never on equal ground, he has no friends.

So, how else could he possibly know how to foster friendship between his sons? Nathan, by birthright, became the first favorite, and then finally Christopher got married and changed the dynamics. And because neither of them can ever climb to the heights of holiness their father has achieved, they are naturally in competition. No friendship or brotherhood there at all. Steve doesn't demonstrate it so it shall not be had. Survival of the fittest only.

I remember reading back in the moms board days that male family members (fathers/brothers) shouldn't change girl's diapers because it was inappropriate.

Well, in that case Mel must be overjoyed to be expecting a boy - finally it's Nathan's time to change a diaper! :roll:

Well, in that case Mel must be overjoyed to be expecting a boy - finally it's Nathan's time to change a diaper! :roll:

So father’s can’t change their daughters’ diapers because it’s defrauding….does this mean Melanie isn’t going to be able to change their little boy’s diapers, too? :roll:

So father’s can’t change their daughters’ diapers because it’s defrauding….does this mean Melanie isn’t going to be able to change their little boy’s diapers, too? :roll:

:lol: Good question!

Nah, women don't get visually defrauded, only the men do. Because obviously the sight of his own daughter's....

You know what, I can't even finish typing that because it's such a disgusting thought process that I refuse to let it past my lips or fingertips.

Yeah, I can’t understand this thought process. That is your child. If it is making you stumble to change your own child’s diaper, then you should probably go turn yourself in somewhere. That is just disgusting and I’ve never heard of this before my fundie education via FJ. :angry-banghead:

If fundies are so worried about being defrauded by their DAUGHTERS (oh god, I can barely type that without feeling sick to my stomach), why the ever-loving hell do they think it’s okay to take them to dances and take control of their purity? :angry-banghead: :doh:

If fundies are so worried about being defrauded by their DAUGHTERS (oh god, I can barely type that without feeling sick to my stomach), why the ever-loving hell do they think it’s okay to take them to dances and take control of their purity? :angry-banghead: :doh:

Or to let the daughters shave their dad's beard a'la Dougie the Rapist's Father-Daughter-Retreat...

I sincerely like Sarah's blue shoes from this post so I left a comment saying this: Sarah, I have admired your blue shoes in the past and they have once again caught my eye. May I ask what brand they are?

My question didn't even warrant an answer! Nothing! Why would that not pass moderation? Is it because I said I admired them? Is it because I didn't praise Jesus for the shoes first before asking her what brand they are? I really wanna know!!

I sincerely like Sarah's blue shoes from this post so I left a comment saying this: Sarah, I have admired your blue shoes in the past and they have once again caught my eye. May I ask what brand they are?

My question didn't even warrant an answer! Nothing! Why would that not pass moderation? Is it because I said I admired them? Is it because I didn't praise Jesus for the shoes first before asking her what brand they are? I really wanna know!!

They are usually pretty good about answering those types of questions, so don't give up hope just yet. Stevie probably approved the question, and he'll make Sarah go back and answer it. They like cool earthy shoes -- I like a lot of the shoes they wear.

Archived