IGNORED

Bria's Vaca—I Mean, Mission Trip

DomWackTroll

From what I have been told Bria wants off the farm. This is third hand information, and I don't have any details. Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Thank you, RosyDaisy, for sharing.

Of course that poor kid wants off the farm. She spends her day as her mother's babysitter. And I think it must be very difficult to be Kelly's daughter. Kelly seems high strung, impatient and weird.

Bria's boyfriend-but-not-dating, Kyle, has facebook page. I am not sure if I am allowed to post it. It is public. But I guess it's OK to report what it says. He has attended,or is going to attend, U of Alabama as a premed and listed his grad date as 2017. He also attended Wallace State U this past year as a student of diagnostic imaging. He works at Pizza Hut. He graduated from a Christian HS (no homeschooling!) in 2012, so he is probably about 20.

The young man has a blog. I don't know if I am allowed to post the link to the blog. Does anyone know (or even want to see it)?

I was wrong about something, though. He was homeschooled.

The young man has a blog. I don't know if I am allowed to post the link to the blog. Does anyone know (or even want to see it)?

I was wrong about something, though. He was homeschooled.

If he's of legal age, I can't see why it would be a problem. And yes, I would like to see it!

I wouldn't mind seeing this man's FB page. He seems like a decent guy so far.

And just because Bria is spreading her wings, doesn't mean she's spreading her legs for every lowlife out there. Bria is an adult now, and she shouldn't be Kelly's indentured servant. Let her have some fun.

“Don’t you just love critical and legalistic people? Aren’t they just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day? The answer to both of those questions is a resounding no."

perspectiveofgrace.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/christian-liberty-and-critical-spirits/

Good luck, kid.

Thank you, RosyDaisy, for sharing.

Of course that poor kid wants off the farm. She spends her day as her mother's babysitter. And I think it must be very difficult to be Kelly's daughter. Kelly seems high strung, impatient and weird.

Not to mention having to survive off of a tiny sliver of chicken a day.

Meh. I think it IS just regular courtship but she doesn't want to call it that. Kyle asked permission to get to know Bria better with the goal of marriage, and he went out to dinner with Mr. Kelly first. There may not have been a 50 page questionnaire or a wedding date set in advance, but that doesn't make it dating.

She's just being coy like everyone seems to be getting with terms like "quiverfull" and "patriarchy" nowadays -- Oh NO we don't follow a Man-Made System! You can't put a Label on us! We're just following plain old Biblical Wisdom and Common Sense! -- and then they try to draw hair-splitting distinctions between themselves and some straw-man version of the label in question, when it still describes their behavior and general principles perfectly.

Archived