IGNORED

Bria's Vaca—I Mean, Mission Trip

DomWackTroll

Kelly C. shared with her Facebook friends: “No word from my daughter or her mission team since they left yesterday. I am not having an anxiety attack. Planes are safe.†She then posts a photo of Bria and the testosterone-heavy “team†in which Bria and one other female both wear crotch- and buttocks-hugging jeans (*gasp*).

Friend Cathy replies, “I think I'd be more concerned that there are only two attractive girls with a ton of guys. Just pointing that out.†She then edits and claims that she was “totally joking.†Kelly LOLs, but please, bitch… You have been “teaching†against this sort of thing for years. Your daughter is NOT currently under her father’s umbrella of protection. Own it.

facebook.com/generationcedar/posts/10202767430681794

So I guess they were successful in mooching off other people to pay for this trip. She's totally going to transform lives while trying to tell people about Jesus when she can't speak any Spanish!

I hope all the Peruvians give her appropriate levels of "bitch please, this isn't new information" when she tries to convert them.

So I guess they were successful in mooching off other people to pay for this trip. She's totally going to transform lives while trying to tell people about Jesus when she can't speak any Spanish!

I hope all the Peruvians give her appropriate levels of "bitch please, this isn't new information" when she tries to convert them.

Doesn't matter, 'cause either they're elect or not. See you in hell, amigo.

Kelly C. shared with her Facebook friends: “No word from my daughter or her mission team since they left yesterday. I am not having an anxiety attack. Planes are safe.†She then posts a photo of Bria and the testosterone-heavy “team†in which Bria and one other female both wear crotch- and buttocks-hugging jeans (*gasp*).

Friend Cathy replies, “I think I'd be more concerned that there are only two attractive girls with a ton of guys. Just pointing that out.†She then edits and claims that she was “totally joking.†Kelly LOLs, but please, bitch… You have been “teaching†against this sort of thing for years. Your daughter is NOT currently under her father’s umbrella of protection. Own it.

facebook.com/generationcedar/posts/10202767430681794

Ah, c'mon, DWT, chill out! Just chant the fundie mantra: "Do as I say, not as I do...Do as I say, not as I do..."

;)

She'll just talk louder and make wild hand gestures.

"OH-LAA. HAVE YOOUUU ACCEPTED HAY-SOOS DEE CHRIIIST AS YOOUUUR PERSONAL SAVIOOOUUR?"

I wonder how proselytizing to Catholics work? I can't imagine saying "It's great how you already believe in Jesus but you're doin it rong" goes over very well.

I wonder how proselytizing to Catholics work? I can't imagine saying "It's great how you already believe in Jesus but you're doin it rong" goes over very well.

I don't know, but they're saying something that's working:

the-latino-reformation-TIME.jpg

Ask Martin Luther... :lol:

I will always remember this conversation between a kind of evangelical pastor and a friend who is a catholic priest. "Catholic are not christian. they know nothing about God and Jesus !" "Okay. could you give me a philosophical proof of the existence of God ?" "... I don't need it." "Ooookay. So... (insert here a long philosophical dissertation using Pascal and Voltaire to prove the existence of God.) But I know nothing about God, for sure."

How old is this woman? Looking through her FB page, there's a picture of her sitting with a friend where they're both nursing babies & she looks like a grandmother. She's a pretty lady & probably looks great for her age but there was something so bizarre & wrong about seeing her nurse an infant. Considering most Quiverfullers have babies well into their 40s & they don't look half as good as she does, I can't put my finger on why that picture just doesn't look right.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202306400996340&set=t.1080903448&type=3&theater

ETA: I think I figured it out- it's her old lady neck. That's not generally something you see on a nursing mother.

God forbid - seriously - either of the young women gets abused, ever, but especially on this trip. Because what else would have caused it but the tight jeans and form-fitting tops? :roll:

Well looks like she is in a courtship relationship-with-purpose. At least she got to have trip before she is married off. Probably won't get a bachelorette party. She never went to college. The only paid employment she had was doing piano lessons. I suppose this "mission" will be a once in a lifetime adventure for her. For the next 25 years or so it will be pregnancy, breast feeding and diaper changing... Just like her mom always dreamed.

I hope Bria has so much fun on her vacation that when she comes home she decides to move off to college somewhere like Alabama or Auburn and tells her parents :nenner:

Then again, she has been homeschooled by her mom, so she will probably need to attend a community college for a couple of years and then transfer to a four year university like Bama or Auburn.

Seriously though, I can't believe that Kelly let her go off with all those guys. And I don't for one second believe that Kathy was "teasing". She was being honest.

I hope Bria has so much fun on her vacation that when she comes home she decides to move off to college somewhere like Alabama or Auburn and tells her parents :nenner:

Then again, she has been homeschooled by her mom, so she will probably need to attend a community college for a couple of years and then transfer to a four year university like Bama or Auburn.

Seriously though, I can't believe that Kelly let her go off with all those guys. And I don't for one second believe that Kathy was "teasing". She was being honest.

Roll Tide!

Kelly is refusing to use the word "courtship" and Bria's full-frontal hug with Kyle includes undeniable boob pressing.

generationcedar.com/main/2014/06/in-which-i-have-exciting-news-wish-there-was-another-word-besides-courtship.html

"See? Despite what I've been posting here for a decade, we're not at all like that guy in San Antonio. What was his name? I can't even remember. Gotta go scrub some more posts-- bye!

Kelly is determined not to say that Bria is dating. It's not courtship, either. It's some super special that only she has come up with. It's far better than what the rest of the world does.

I get the feeling those two are unchaperoned. Kelly must be biting her nails.

I thought it was super-nice of her to snap a pic of her daughter's first hug (if it is the first) and then spread it over the internet.

Finally, WHY does Kelly keep calling the tornado a blessing when so many people she knew died? Actually I think she has lost a lot of readers for that. Notice not too many people are responding to her Bria-is-not-dating news.

I wonder if Kyle went on the mission trip with her. They seem to have taken down the pic with all the young guys.

Courtship is soooo 'feminist!'

One of the comments on the ' not a courtship' post....

Are they officially getting married? Has a date been set?

I see this way (RWP as you say) as the most Biblical. I see courtship as- dare I say- feminist? It truly puts men at a disadvantage and at the mercy of the women’s family. A friendship or acquaintance that develops into a relationship allows for both parties to be equal. We have now seen many of the loudest courtship proponents enter their late 20s and early 30s unmarried.

And more from Kelly in response to comments & further questions:

You know how once upon a time you could say “I’m gay today†and people understood you were happy? And how you can’t do that anymore? Kinda like that ;-) It’s just that people have attributed all sorts of things to the term “courtship†so that it has multiple meanings for different people, and when that happens to a word, we can’t collectively discuss it and count on everyone knowing what we mean.

For some “courtship†reminds them of arranged marriage (even though I don’t know too many who have actually ascribed that meaning to the word.) For some it means you can’t touch each other until your wedding day. For some it just means “datingâ€, but they like to call it courtship.

And because every family has different ideas all under the same names, it has just gotten very muddled.

Sure, Kelly. Riiiiiiiiightt. :liar:

We've always defined courtship this way...just like we've always been at war with Eastasia.

Courtship is soooo 'feminist!'

One of the comments on the ' not a courtship' post....

Well, sure! It's absolutely a representation of strength and equality for women when your father gets to choose who your husband is :roll:

I'll give her some credit for pointing out that courtship hasn't been very successful for a lot of families, but I don't know what she's getting at with the rest of it. A friendship that develops into a relationship is exactly how huge numbers of people meet their partners. It isn't some special biblical relationship, regardless of what label you stick on it. And since when have they ever expected both parties to be equal in a relationship? :evil-eye:

I'm glad Bria is getting out of the house. She has been (which admits herself) her mother's helper for a while. Now is a chance for some freedom. But it seems like she picked the first guy that came along...

She has been preaching against dating for years, so of course what Bria is doing cannot be dating.

It is something super special--that looks just like dating-- that only super Christians know about.

Everyone knows that real dating involves jumping in the sack, not really caring about the person, and never consulting your parents.

I'm glad Bria is getting out of the house. She has been (which admits herself) her mother's helper for a while. Now is a chance for some freedom. But it seems like she picked the first guy that came along...

IT does, doesn't it? Kelly did mention once that they'd once refused to allow Bria to date a young man who didn't have the right values (probably he stood up to Kelly).

Other than that, I think this is Bria's first relationship. Stick a girl on an isolated rural farm, homeschool her, saddle her with lots of childcare, and she just won't meet many young men, no matter how pretty she is.

I think that's what happened. Kelly was getting worried that Bria (who's about 21) was getting too long in the tooth, so she loosened up a little and allowed Bria off the farm a bit. Soon after, she attracts a guy, and now they are in a RWP--which really, really isn't dating!

IT does, doesn't it? Kelly did mention once that they'd once refused to allow Bria to date a young man who didn't have the right values (probably he stood up to Kelly).

Other than that, I think this is Bria's first relationship. Stick a girl on an isolated rural farm, homeschool her, saddle her with lots of childcare, and she just won't meet many young men, no matter how pretty she is.

I think that's what happened. Kelly was getting worried that Bria (who's about 21) was getting too long in the tooth, so she loosened up a little and allowed Bria off the farm a bit. Soon after, she attracts a guy, and now they are in a RWP--which really, really isn't dating!

I agree, and I think she's also been getting some very negative feedback lately from homeschoolers about Doug Phillips and "legalism" so now she's all, "Oh, look at me showing grace. Look at my daughter wearing jeans and smashing her tits into a guy's chest. Don't drop me as a speaker for your events, okay?"

From what I have been told Bria wants off the farm. This is third hand information, and I don't have any details. Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Archived