IGNORED

The Titus 2 MAN

Justme

I stumbled across this very good article. She uses bible verses that MEN should be following. Hey, Titus 2 works both ways! :D

rachelheldevans.com/blog/men-titus-2-treatment

Sweat! “By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground,†God declares in Genesis 3:19 There were no air conditioned office buildings in Biblical times! Men need to get off their asses at SWEAT out a living! Men need to do physical labor, like farming, carpentry, or fighting animals with their bare hands! No "teaching" OneTonRamp crap! :mrgreen:

Kissing! “greet one another with holy kiss†(Romans 16:16, 1 Corinthians 16:20, 11 Corinthians 13:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:26, 1 Peter 5:14). Fundies have got it SO WRONG! :lol:

Hand Raising! 1 Timothy 2:8—“I want men EVERYWHERE to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing†Sounds aking to dancing if you ask me! :o

Nah, there is a prayer posture from early Christianity that you will sporadically come across today. Lift each arm from the elbow up so each hand is on either side of your head. You also lift your entire arm to pray over or bless someone.

Now, I would pay real money to see some of these Calvinist manly men to kiss each other on the cheek like you see Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and some Slavic men do. None if this side hugging nonsense, full frontal hugs and kisses between straight men, and if they are really your brother in Christ, you pass the same cigarette between you to smoke. ;)

The holy kiss stuff is so awesome. My husband and I are huggers, and we have definitely found the state we now live in to be very.....un-huggy. He gives all the guys in our church a hard time about it, and hugs everyone. We also hug people of the opposite sex, and it's sad and amazing how uncomfortable people can be about that. Breaking down the hug barrier in fundie circles is kind of a small personal mission ;-)

But then who would want to kiss Stevehovah, PP, Ken Alexander, Dim Bulb, Smuggar, Gil Bates, Gothard, Kevin Swanson, Franklin Graham, etc....? :evil-eye:

I LOVE all the hugging and kissing in Orthodoxy (can I get an Amen from AreteJo). Forgiveness Sunday, the last day before Lent, is the best - hugs and kisses with every single person in the place. And every place I've been does the full three kisses, right side/left side/right again. It's so sincere and so meaningful (and this is coming from an INTJ who is NOT a people person). The Fundie men would flip the frack out, especially since in the Russian church there are often a lot of long beards! :D

But then who would want to kiss Stevehovah, PP, Ken Alexander, Dim Bulb, Smuggar, Gil Bates, Gothard, Kevin Swanson, Franklin Graham, etc....? :evil-eye:

True dat.

I DO NOT agree with his theology or much of anything about him...but...I've always thought Franklin Graham was kinda hot, especially when he was younger. I think he got the best of both parents.

I shall now go sit in the prayer closet. :pray:

I LOVE all the hugging and kissing in Orthodoxy (can I get an Amen from AreteJo). Forgiveness Sunday, the last day before Lent, is the best - hugs and kisses with every single person in the place. And every place I've been does the full three kisses, right side/left side/right again. It's so sincere and so meaningful (and this is coming from an INTJ who is NOT a people person). The Fundie men would flip the frack out, especially since in the Russian church there are often a lot of long beards! :D

A-MEN! :D. And the long, sparkly dresses on the priests. Don't forget the long, sparkly dresses and the ponytails!

I HATE being touched, particularly by strangers. The catholic "kiss of peace" drove me nuts, because people would actually kiss me on the cheek, I swear I could feel the germs. Or they hug you, which was worse, (I really hate that random people can just come up and wrap their arms around me, and I'm the one who's weird for not liking it) Nobody takes no for an answer. Id stick my hand out real quick for a handshake, but my family would hug me anyway, and I would be cringing. I have a reputation in my family for being closed off and standoffish. Excuse me for not enjoying being manhandled by a bunch of people. Even the handshake was a bit much, then holding hands for the our father, and drinking the communion wine from the same cup, Apparently they had never heard of germs. I'm getting crawly just thinking about it!

Archived