IGNORED

Another Christian/Fundie Movie coming to a theater near you

salex

Heard it advertised today--another "One Night ONLY" film, advertised as a documentary, branded by Focus on the Family. Anti Gay Marriage, OMG the Family is being DESTROYED seems to be the theme.

irreplaceablethemovie.com/index.html (About the film)

Every member of the human race has the desire for significance—a desire to belong. And the family is where those deepest longings are fulfilled.

Unfortunately, the word “family†has all but lost its meaning in our modern cultural landscape. And the fallout has been significant. Divorce. Crime. Poverty. Addictions. Abuse. Our attempts to redefine and reimagine the family only make these problems worse, not better. When the family is weakened, society suffers. But strong families make the world a better place!

The Series

Irreplaceable is the first in a series of feature-length documentaries that will approach the concept of the family from a number of different angles. The goal of each documentary is to recover, renew and reclaim the cultural conversation about the family.

The Movement

Celebrate the family by attending a screening of Irreplaceable during the theatrical one night event on May 6. Sign up for e-mail updates here. And be sure to tell your friends and family members about the Irreplaceable screening so that they can take part, too.

But the documentary is just the beginning. You can make a commitment to building your own family on a solid foundation that will span the generations by making the Gen3 promise. What is the Gen3 Promise? It is a commitment to have a thriving marriage and family for the next 3 generations. It starts with a promise to daily invest in your own family knowing that a healthy family will impact generations to come. So, make the Gen3 promise and start living the Gen3 life now!

At 12 bucks a head and sold out at the theater nearest me, it sounds like an infomercial you have to pay to attend.

Oh great. :doh: My mom will likely rush out to see it and then come back and try to convince me I am going to hell...again. Sigh.

And I'm sorry but a 3 generation promise? You cannot make promises for other people!

The family unit is always shifting. It melds and changes as society melds and changes. At its core, Family is a unit of people who show deep love and care for each other unconditionally. They either spend most of their time together, or make the rare moments they are together truely worthwhile. Small or big, with 1 parent or 2, Rich or Poor hetero or homosexual parents, aunts and uncles raising nieces and nephews, friends who make their own family. These are the bonds that hold society together. To limit those bonds is to weaken society. I'll never understand why so many work to destroy the bonds of real true love.

The notion that only families with a mom and a dad are a family is insulting and ludicrous. So if a persons spouse dies, they no longer have a family with their children because there is just one parent?

And my head explodes.

How can it be that these people cannot see cultural differences? That they cannot see that the idolization of the family unit as they experience it is a relatively new phenomenon? The two-parent, stay-at-home-mom, several children family unit is not the norm across the world or throughout history.

I saw the trailer for this before Disney's Bears this weekend. (Also saw Heaven Is For Real - another fundie friendly movie for you.) Lots of old home movie clips in the trailer. They seemed to be saying that just because something was done a certain way in the 50's that it's best for now too. It seems like this movie is all about making people who don't fit the traditional status quo feel bad.

And my head explodes.

How can it be that these people cannot see cultural differences? That they cannot see that the idolization of the family unit as they experience it is a relatively new phenomenon? The two-parent, stay-at-home-mom, several children family unit is not the norm across the world or throughout history.

You can't possibly be suggesting that those heathen, brown, pagans can hold a candle to the pinnacle of excellence that is fifties, white America, can you?

You can't possibly be suggesting that those heathen, brown, pagans can hold a candle to the pinnacle of excellence that is fifties, white America, can you?

:lol: Not until they look like this, all the way down to the adoring gaze at Father.

post-10031-14451998845266_thumb.jpg

Then we can all "celebrate the family."

:lol: Not until they look like this, all the way down to the adoring gaze at Father.

[attachment=0]50sscreen_shot_1-jpeg-image-1250x911-pixels-scaled-76-1.jpg[/attachment]

Then we can all "celebrate the family."

Oh, but wait! The mother isn't gazing as adoringly at her husband as her children are. In fact, she looks downright over the patriarchal worship. I think she needs a trip to the prayer closet. :naughty:

Oh, but wait! The mother isn't gazing as adoringly at her husband as her children are. In fact, she looks downright over the patriarchal worship. I think she needs a trip to the prayer closet. :naughty:

She looks like she has a secret. Do one of those kids look like the proverbial milk man?

These people really think the 1950's was some sort of perfect utopia, don't they?

Her daughter isn't worshiping him either. It looks more like she's begging him by acting as sweet as possible.

Here's what Billy Gray, the actor who played the son, had to say about the show being advertised in that pic, Father Knows Best:

In a 1983 interview, Gray spoke disparagingly of Father Knows Best:

"I wish there was some way I could tell the kids not to believe it. The dialogue, the situations, the characters ­ they were all totally false. The show did everyone a disservice. The girls were always trained to use their feminine wiles, to pretend to be helpless to attract men. The show contributed to a lot of the problems between men and women that we see today. . . . I think we were all well motivated, but what we did was run a hoax. 'Father Knows Best' purported to be a reasonable facsimile of life. And the bad thing is, the model is so deceitful. It usually revolved around not wanting to tell the truth, either out of embarrassment, or not wanting to hurt someone. If I could say anything to make up for all the years I lent myself to (that), it would be, 'You Know Best.'"

As for the topic, I agree with Salex that it sounds like an infomercial, and with all who pointed out that, as always, these folks have no knowledge of history and world cultures (or, if they have it, they ignore it to make money by putting fear into others).

Archived